IGNORED

Anyone else spending too much $ on "good deals" on classic games lately!?

I won my first Ebay auction last night a Boxed Atari 2600 Carnival game for .01 and 3.99 shipping :)

Im not sure if its a real good deal but then I won 6 New Boxed Parker Brother games in the original Parker Brothers shipping box for 70.50 plus 3.99 shipping

the games were Amidar,Spiderman,Sky Skipper,Star Wars Jedi Arena,Star Wars Empire Strikes Back,Reactor.

eBay is so addicting. There are so many good deals on there. Even with shipping.

I've been on a massive buying spree lately, and truly am running out of room.

I dumped a huge box of commons on Al, which helped a lot, but I'm still in danger of being buried until piles of silver label commons and unwanted copies of Laser Blast...

In my case, there's no doubt it's a sickness. How else to explain why I'd buy an 80+ cart lot just to get a single label variation I've been searching for?

Ya, that's crazy buying 80 games because 1 cart you want / need is in there! :o :D But who cares, it's fun.. :grin:

I cut back alot.I passed on a mint Panasonic FZ-10 3DO console with 10 CIB games at the thrift store about a month ago,ALL FOR $19.00.

Holy moly. :o Good chance ONE of those games was worth $19 alone! ;) Or do you already have a 3DO collection and it was all commons? :)

OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I CAN'T RESIST BUYING GAMES FOR CHEAP!!!!!!

In the past year I have spent almost my entire bank account (about $400) on games and more games and games I already have. Lets see what I got with, I think about $362

Atari light sixer (CIB) and 4 switch woody

Intellivision (CIB)

Atari 5200 (CIB)

Dreamcast

Odyssey 3000 (CIB)

TurboGrafx 16 (CIB)

TI-99/4A (CIB)

Gameboy

2 GBCs

GBA

Genesis Power Base Adapter

60 2600 carts (probably about 10 CIB)

5 5200 carts

1 TurboGrafx card

2 7800 carts

16 TI-99/4A carts

20 NES carts (a couple CIB)

1 SMS cart

11 Gameboy Carts

Genesis 6 button joystick

Dreamcast giant red controller

Orange NES light gun

NES UForce (CIB)

Spectravideo joystick (CIB)

Wico Command Control (CIB)

If someone offered me $400 for all that stuff before I even got into retro gaming I would take it. $400 for all that is an extremely good deal.

I won my first Ebay auction last night a Boxed Atari 2600 Carnival game for .01 and 3.99 shipping :)

Im not sure if its a real good deal but then I won 6 New Boxed Parker Brother games in the original Parker Brothers shipping box for 70.50 plus 3.99 shipping

the games were Amidar,Spiderman,Sky Skipper,Star Wars Jedi Arena,Star Wars Empire Strikes Back,Reactor.

eBay is so addicting. There are so many good deals on there. Even with shipping.

I dumped a huge box of commons on Al, which helped a lot, but I'm still in danger of being buried until piles of silver label commons and unwanted copies of Laser Blast...

In my case, there's no doubt it's a sickness. How else to explain why I'd buy an 80+ cart lot just to get a single label variation I've been searching for?

Ya, that's crazy buying 80 games because 1 cart you want / need is in there! :o :D But who cares, it's fun.. :grin:

I cut back alot.I passed on a mint Panasonic FZ-10 3DO console with 10 CIB games at the thrift store about a month ago,ALL FOR $19.00.

Holy moly. :o Good chance ONE of those games was worth $19 alone! ;) Or do you already have a 3DO collection and it was all commons? :)

Nope,never owned or familiar with a 3do,but it is a console that lots would like to own,i know that much.I just noticed,Myst,and Dragon's Lair,in the bag.I DID change my mind and went back 20 minutes later and it was GONE.I knew it was a somewhat rare thing to find,but according to you guys,alot more sought after than i realised.But i had to put my foot down,and say enough is enough.

Edited by Rik

I'll pass on certain things, then there's things I'll grab no matter what. The above falls in the latter category.

Thanx,turn the dagger in even more :D

Oh heck yeah I have. $40 for one system, $60 for a game for another, $60 for a skateboard Lynx and games, and on top of that I've spent $500 on new and used power tools for work. Also had a little emergency at home that cost $300 plus to fix.

I ain't ate in a week, my wife's already starved dead so she can't be annoyed anymore, and I had to drive off from the gas station last week and beat the electrician off my meter outside, but hey, classic gaming is cool!

If you don't mind me asking, what emergency happened?

The aircon died.

About my 3DO posts above,i did not see a power adapter with the 3do package,the 3do has an internal power supply i take it?,like the 1st INTV?

Yes all the models had internal power supplies - Sanyo , Panasonic and Goldstar - but the later Pana FZ-10 had a detatchable figure 8 cord. Models were either rated for 110volt or 240 volt.

$19 was a bargain :(

Nope,never owned or familiar with a 3do,but it is a console that lots would like to own,i know that much.I just noticed,Myst,and Dragon's Lair,in the bag.I DID change my mind and went back 20 minutes later and it was GONE.I knew it was a somewhat rare thing to find,but according to you guys,alot more sought after than i realised.But i had to put my foot down,and say enough is enough.

This 3DO lot goes for around $75 - $125 on eBay. :) Oh well, shit happens. :P

Holy crap - l00k what I just found on Craigslist!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/gms/1282890379.html

ok, so who went?

I went. Got there about 6:58am and left about 7:02am, so that should tell you how it went. I can only speak regarding Atari 2600 stuff, because that is all I collect and look for.I saw about 4 common boxed games and a bin of commons rarity 1-4. Then he had some other his "rare" carts set up on another table. When I saw a loose SSSnake cart for $10.00 I knew it was time to go.

ok, so who went?

I went. Got there about 6:58am and left about 7:02am, so that should tell you how it went. I can only speak regarding Atari 2600 stuff, because that is all I collect and look for.I saw about 4 common boxed games and a bin of commons rarity 1-4. Then he had some other his "rare" carts set up on another table. When I saw a loose SSSnake cart for $10.00 I knew it was time to go.

I was there and I probably just missed you. I can't believe when looking at your profile that you and I were born on the same day...I thought I mistakingly clicked on my own profile...

As suspected, this was a collector's fire sale and no one was going to walk away with the deal of the century. However, I did get a fair deal in my mind. Here's what I picked up:

one Wico 5200 controller with y adapter in box

two CV Super Action Controllers

two Atari Proline Joysticks

CV 2600 expansion module

five 5200 carts

about a dozen 2600 carts

three PS1 games

I took pix and will post them on Monday.

Yeah like i said in posts above i passed on the bargain 3DO package.But money is money and i have to use the extra cash i have to pay bills now that work is slow. :(I like lots of air conditioning in the summer and plenty of heat in the winter!Im just scraping by now,its pretty pathetic really.

Edited by Rik

ok, so who went?

I was there and I probably just missed you. I can't believe when looking at your profile that you and I were born on the same day...I thought I mistakingly clicked on my own profile...

As suspected, this was a collector's fire sale and no one was going to walk away with the deal of the century. However, I did get a fair deal in my mind. Here's what I picked up:

one Wico 5200 controller with y adapter in box

two CV Super Action Controllers

two Atari Proline Joysticks

CV 2600 expansion module

five 5200 carts

about a dozen 2600 carts

three PS1 games

I took pix and will post them on Monday.

how much did you pay?

• 4 weeks later...

:-o :-o :-o That's just amazing. Either a major collector died or is going bankrupt or a store just closed up. I wonder what they'd take for the entire lot. Too bad I'm both broke and hundreds of miles away.

I plan on going...it's a 30 minute drive but since it is so dry around here lately I gotta see what this guy has. Judging by the ad it sounds like this person is very knowledgeable which has me less than optimistic about getting a good score...we'll see...report on Saturday.

The it'll be off to a flea market at a school...those are cool because everyone is confined to the parking lot and you can get in and out quickly. Opposed to the neighborhood garage sales that take forever especially looking for classic games...

Then I have to get to the gym. Then move everything out of the basement to begin demolition for the new game room. And then work on my Make Trax cabinet. And the $15 entertainment center I got from Salvation Army that I need to paint and add more shelves to house my classic console collection. And cut the grass.

The weekend's done before it even started.

You need to snag that Simpsons machine!

You need to snag that Simpsons machine!

That machine didn't conjure up nostalgia...I prefer machines from the Golden Age as you can "hear the ghosts of gamers past." Either that or I need to up the meds... : ]

I didn't take the van so I couldn't haul it anyway. At any price it didn't look like an attractive buy. Had I bought it I would have made it into like a Space Invaders cabinet. But, it makes for a dull conversation when one mentions it was converted from a Simpsons cabinet.

Man I was watching a Boxed Colecovision, with the 2600 (module 1) adapter, and the Steering wheel (module 2) both boxed, plus a boxed copy of Turbo, and several games...

well the auction ended while I was at work and the wife bid a second to late for me..

ended up going for $45!!! Man.. :(

I did recently acquire and Intv II with box, ECS boxed, System Changer boxed, AND the music Synthesizer boxed..and sealed copies of Congo Bongo, WSMLB, and Fathom. That ended up running me just a little over $250 ish

Not too bad though when you think about it.. just one modern video game system is well over $250... not to mention new games are like $60 a piece, so why feel so bad about spending $70 on a rare gem? :D

If it came down too it, I would sell my Wii that never gets used to get some more classic goodness.

But.. I should put the brakes on and pay some of my cards off huh :ponder:

Edited by jeremysart

Yeah like i said in posts above i passed on the bargain 3DO package.But money is money and i have to use the extra cash i have to pay bills now that work is slow. :(I like lots of air conditioning in the summer and plenty of heat in the winter!Im just scraping by now,its pretty pathetic really.

I hear ya bro.

Its like quitting smoking.. you gotta know when to put your foot down.

When your barely scraping by, like we both probably are, because work is slow (two days this week!? yeah thatll pay the rent) its probably best to avoid eBay or thrift markets.

I feel like I got what I wanted for now, I pretty complete Intv II collection.

I'll start looking for more once I get my car and my credit card paid off.

Hey, anyone want paintings of their favorite classic systems?

I can do that ^_^

Check this out...Look at the JPEG - Sale was cancelled one day and reposted another...

I showed up last Saturday along with a dozen or so others. When I arrived shortly after 7 AM, there were two cars in the driveway, nothing setup and about a half-dozen people at the front door ringing the door bell. The dude never answered the front door and should have at least posted a sign at the front door announcing it was cancelled.

A lot of people were p155ed!

How far would you folks have traveled for a sale of this size? For me it was 45 minutes round trip (wasted) along with the fact of getting up at 6 AM that morning.

The dude is having a second sale...

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/vgm/1330578709.html

post-22552-125121050723_thumb.jpg