IGNORED

Junie's Creations Is a Scam

AtariKari

Ha ha!  No no, the first run was even more complicated.  You were waiting on parts you had ordered from BGMicro.  I was waiting on the boards from you because I was going to install and test the EPROMs which I also bought from BG Micro (but it's down the street from me!)  Then I shipped the boards to Tom who was also waiting for the cart cases from the Goat Store.  Then when he got all that, he got the labels printed and assembled the carts then shipped them back to the Goat Store.  And we did all this in the matter of 2 days.  (Okay, not really 2 days)

-Paul

This almost gave me seizures! I had forgotten how bad it really was.

:sad:

:?

:_(

:skull:

Thanks! By the way, I am going to get Marble Craze any day now: those samples of the music on your site are slick! That and the unwavering opinion on AA that this is a sweet game are slowly pulling $25 out of my pocket :) Any chance you'll be putting up more tunes?

I still say there should be a hack just to let us play the tunes. :D

Replies in brief :): I have all reciepts, PayPal, emails, etc...I felt bad for him in July...Being in debt can make you crazy, esp. if you spend other people's $ to get there...Kinkos.

Last time this thread started, it took Tom only a few days to send me a nice PM and to post on AA explaining the situation. Now he is gone. If anyone is into the Jaguar, the situation is starting to look a little like another "Tom" incident from years ago. Lets hope it ends more fruitfully. :|

Catbox anyone ;)

I have had many dealings with Junie, from the fact that he made the Mr. Roboto carts for Paul and shipped them to me for the Midwest Classic and we have talked business strategies quite a bit.

I most recently talked with Junie about a month ago via email. He acknowledged to me that he was quite behind on his orders and that had fallen on some rough financial times. As was already noted, he had been having computer problems at the same point in time. He was hoping to get back on track within about a month.

Standing in his shoes, I can understand how tough this is to deal with. At one point in time, the GOAT Store server went out of business and the information that Gary and I needed to run the business was nearly lost. We ended up shipping approximately 20 orders to people for free because we had lost any way to verify if we had actually received money for them or not.

It must be remembered that Junie's Creations was a Web site of entirely homebrewed items at ridicolously low prices. These items can take hours to create, and with everything else that seems to have fallen on Junie's shoulders, I personally can understand why he has fallen so far behind in his orders.

For everyone that has purchased something from him but has yet to receive it, I would suggest emailing him at junies_c@hotpop.com one more time. Give him a few weeks to respond, and hopefully you will be able to work something out. From my discussions with him, I can't imagine that he would ever purposely try to screw someone over.

Not as bad as the crash yet but I think homebrew authors and guys offering homemade mods shouldn't take prepaid preorders. We all should know better too. A smarter way would be to take preorders to estimate need, like Cafeman is doing with Koffi, then budget out the money to make these more or less depending how you much you can swing because uninsured preorders do drop out.

Anyway, I'd be more comfortable ordering something in stock or I'll pay when it's ready to ship not months before.

Dan it is noble of you to stick up for Tom. Frankly he has always seemed to be a nice guy to me too. However him having all the cash up front _and_ being in financial straits provides very little incentive to complete these orders.

I would imagine an incentive could be produced, but that is really a bit much. However, I would consider making a move relatively soon, again, depending on the level of honest communication I feel I am having with Tom and the number of parties that will come on board with me.

Dan it is noble of you to stick up for Tom. Frankly he has always seemed to be a nice guy to me too. However him having all the cash up front _and_ being in financial straits provides very little incentive to complete these orders.

I would imagine an incentive could be produced, but that is really a bit much. However, I would consider making a move relatively soon, again, depending on the level of honest communication I feel I am having with Tom and the number of parties that will come on board with me.

Just to be technical here, and I'm not trying to look too deep into the issue as I actually don't know what is really going on, if a business goes bankrupt and they have taken pre-orders, they are under no obligation to fufill any outstanding orders for customers. It is one of the crappy things about going bankrupt.

That having been said, I'm not just trying to be noble or stick up for Junie. I'm just stating that he was honest with me -- a third party -- about a lot of this stuff approximately a month ago, so I hope that he comes through for everyone. I really hope that he gets back on his feet as we planned on giving him the plans for our JAMMA Joystick line-up (which we stopped production of because it was both too time consuming and expensive...)

Just for the record, I was VERY disappointed when the business folded and upset to see good people lost money :( I hope it works out in the end.

Here is a link to the great products that could have been available to the masses...

http://juniescreations.netfirms.com/cgi-bi...rds=New%20Item!

If anyone wants to pick up where Junie left off, lets discuss it and see if we can develop a sound business model.

P.S.

DON'T TRY TO ORDER ANYTHING :)

Bullshit this was a registered business, as there is is no sales tax added in checkout, and bullshit he declared bankruptcy even if it was. The only people chasing him are apparently 3/4 persons from a video game message board, not registered creditors. He has no one to declare bankruptcy from.

Lets look at it correctly.