IGNORED

[COLECO] GhostBlaster

newcoleco

First, I would like to say that the carts look freaking cool! :cool: :thumbsup:

How have you done the Cartridge Label? :)

I've contacted Dale Wick (who is also a PC, PSP, ColecoVision (and many other systems) videogame programmer). First I was thinking that putting a black label will not fit on a clear cart, and I've asked if a transparent label can be done. After a test that confirms it works (but there is no white ink), Dale did order for me 50 labels and I did use one to do this mock up. I have to thank Tim Pollock at CustomPrinting.ca who did print and cut these clear labels.

It looks like I did fill up the list for the first cartridges I can do for sure. All new name to be added to the list is for a late batch when I will get new parts (november-december 2009). So, thank you all for your support and talk to you later.

Meanwhile, if you decide to use the level builder, which seems to not work on many computers except mine... strange..., and make a cool ROM with it, send me a copy of the ROM by email as soon as possible... and contribute this way to the project... seeing everybody playing your level.

It looks like I did fill up the list for the first cartridges I can do for sure. All new name to be added to the list is for a late batch when I will get new parts (november-december 2009). So, thank you all for your support and talk to you later.

Meanwhile, if you decide to use the level builder, which seems to not work on many computers except mine... strange..., and make a cool ROM with it, send me a copy of the ROM by email as soon as possible... and contribute this way to the project... seeing everybody playing your level.

Add me to the list please... I was interested (I think I was one of the first posts) but I would be happy to wait for the second batch! I am very interested.. like I said, the music is awesome! Great work! Sign me up!

Not to go off-topic but what happened to Jeepers Creepers being available in the Atariage store? I was hoping to get that game... never heard about it but I'm always interested in new games! :)

Add me to the list please... I was interested (I think I was one of the first posts) but I would be happy to wait for the second batch! I am very interested.. like I said, the music is awesome! Great work! Sign me up!

Not to go off-topic but what happened to Jeepers Creepers being available in the Atariage store? I was hoping to get that game... never heard about it but I'm always interested in new games! :)

King_Salamon , your name is now in my list.

About Jeepers Creepers, you should ask Albert directly... because I have no idea and the online store seems not present.

Because too many people are having trouble with the level editor, I've started a new one, a web based one. It's too soon to use it, but I'm making huge progress so far. It will look and feel almost the same as the first level editor, with some minor changes.

Temporary link : http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco/ghostblaster/

Edited by newcoleco

Ok, your name is in the list.

And the online level editor seems to work for me so... give it a try. You have 2 days to make a level and send me the result to my email address.

http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco/ghostblaster/

Click on BASE64, then copy-paste the result from the textbox to a BASE64 decoder like this one :

http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp

Enjoy!

Darn, is it too late to add me to the list?

Today, I've received an anonymous donnation of EEPROMs... huge thank you! It may certainly gives the opportunity to someone like Bill to receive his GhostBlaster cart in August.

This week, I'm finishing the game by adding ghosts and collision detection with the player and the laser beam. Also, the laser beam need a sound effect.

After the game development, I'm going to make a bunch of cartridges for the CCJVQ meeting. Everybody who can make it to the CCJVQ meeting this August 8, should tell me now so I can make enough carts for the occasion. Also, I will start asking to pay me by paypal or money order, it's $30 plus a donnation that I hope will pay at least the shipping cost.

I have something that can be consider as a potential box for this game, but I don't think I have enough of these for everyone. So the question is : should I use these potential boxes anyway?

I have something that can be consider as a potential box for this game, but I don't think I have enough of these for everyone. So the question is : should I use these potential boxes anyway?

Yes, why not? ;)

Maybe transparent box & using transparent sticker on it like you did with the cart :D

Anyway, cart only will be good enough too :)

Darn, is it too late to add me to the list?

Today, I've received an anonymous donnation of EEPROMs... huge thank you! It may certainly gives the opportunity to someone like Bill to receive his GhostBlaster cart in August.

This week, I'm finishing the game by adding ghosts and collision detection with the player and the laser beam. Also, the laser beam need a sound effect.

After the game development, I'm going to make a bunch of cartridges for the CCJVQ meeting. Everybody who can make it to the CCJVQ meeting this August 8, should tell me now so I can make enough carts for the occasion. Also, I will start asking to pay me by paypal or money order, it's $30 plus a donnation that I hope will pay at least the shipping cost.

Will you email each person when their copy is ready or do we need to contact you to make payment arrangements? I'm looking forward to this one!

Man I go away on vacation for two weeks and not one but two pre-orders open up for games for the CV. Daniel - please add me to the list - thanks.

It was decided long time ago that the special 10 years anniversary of CCJVQ meeting will be in August and I did publish many videos on Youtube and wrote a few messages about this project during two months. Somehow, it's difficult to get your attention and this kind of situation occurs.

I did add your name in the list... and remind you that if you can make it to the CCJVQ meeting, you will get it this saturday before anybody else in this forum... but you have to tell me.

The CCJVQ meeting this August 8, 2009, will be at Blainville (somewhere on Earth, in Canada, in province of Quebec, almost part of Montreal. If you need more information about it, please ask by private message because I'm not allowed to reveal publicaly the address. All I can say is it will be at one of the founders' house, there is a pool in the backyard, and we generally order pizza for the occasion.

I'm working on the game itself, trying to add finally the ghosts and their movements... after I will add the hit detection and wrap all into a final verison with the levels you are maybe making... because yes, I'm expecting to receive a few levels from you because I really don't have time to do that. Go watch my 3-4 more reccent videos on Youtube to get the general idea on how to use the level builder and give it a try. Don't you think it's kinda cool to not only get this game but also play a level you did design for it?

If there is any reviewer in the reservation list, let me know because I will ship your cartridge in priority... give me your name (or nickname) and a description of the review format you are going to do with this game. Do not improvise you a reviewer just to get the cartridge sooner, or you will be ban from the list.

And yes, I will contact you all, one by one, to give you the information about the cost with shipping based on what you will say to me, specifically where to ship your cartridge.

TITLE : ColecoVision GhostBlaster

AUTHOR : Daniel Bienvenu

RELEASE DATE : To be released at the CCJVQ's meeting, 8th August 2009, special 10 years anniversary.

LANGUAGE(S) : English, C and Assembler

MULTIMEDIA : Playlist = http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DB54BC05830C6897

post-3651-1249138085_thumb.jpgpost-3651-1249138110_thumb.jpgpost-3651-1249138135_thumb.jpg

post-3651-1249138163_thumb.jpgpost-3651-1249138201_thumb.jpgpost-3651-1249138236_thumb.jpg

post-3651-1249002394_thumb.pngpost-3651-1249002401_thumb.png

post-3651-1249002409_thumb.pngpost-3651-1249002423_thumb.png

Please note that you will not pay more than $30 for this game... at least not from me... because the cartridge I'm selling is loose, with a manual if I find the time to make one.

MORE INFO : My blog (in french) = http://newcoleco.dev-fr.org/p4155/2009-06-...ostblaster.html

FILES

• ROM SAMPLE ( 0 ennemy, 1 demo level ): ccjvq07.zip
  • Level editor (W32 EXE file) : ghostblasterlevelbuilder_w32.zip
  • Level editor (Java JAR file) : GhostBlasterLevelEditor.zip
    This level editor generate a ROM file encoded into a BASE64 format. It takes several tries to understand what the different tiles mean. And if you manage to create a nice level before next week, let me know...

RESERVATION LIST

Link : http://www.ccjvq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=63831#63831

Could you put me on your list as well.-Moonpatrol

Please put me on the list:)

Your name is in the list.

Ok, I'm starting to contact you all (from the list)... and at the same time I'm finishing the game so, don't be surprised if I contact you only next week.

I forgot... I'm bringing 10 copies with me this saturday at the CCJVQ meeting, which is supposed to be more than enough based on the reservation list.

Edited by newcoleco