IGNORED

HSC 6 Contest 16: H.E.R.O.

JellE

You're right... I've failed yet again to rescue the poor chap down on Level 16... he'll have to wait another day... what were they doing down there again? Anyone noticed the thingy stuck behind the scenery on the last screen but one from the bottom of level 7, forgot to mention a couple of pixels and a fruit lighting up on level 7 of WBro when you got near the end, maybe it's a level 7 thing, boy I'm great at dinner parties :roll:

Yes, that moving creature behind a wall is there, I've always wanted to know what it is. It looks like a spider...

I thought it was another bug (in the program).

So when does the level become "Pro" instead of a number?

After level 20 the next levels become "pro" and look like kind of random generated mazes, but I've read also that level starts from level 13 and forth... I'm not sure, with my highest score I passed 3 or 4 more levels, Actually the level "21" was really easy (compare to 20th).

Yeah, I noticed that playing level 13 is easier than level 10..12. Sort of like a break or some psychological trick so you feel it's easy until the walls start moving in level 14.

Anyone have problems in 800XL with screen blanking out after leaving game running for a while? Didn't happen on Atari 800.

44, 025...

Hey therealbountybob and Atariksi, your conversations sure do keep me on the edge of my seat! And how come the guy we have to rescue reaches the bottom so easily without dynamite, a zapper or a propeller, and I usually die with all these things?!

He knows short-cuts whereas the rescuer has to come through the main entrance of the mine. Keep this secret but on later levels, the rescuee purposely released a sea monster to prevent from being rescued so he can take his gold and make a run with it since he doesn't accept that "health is wealth." He believes that "wealth can later get you health."

I finally hit 18-bit score-- 131875:

post-12094-1250098009_thumb.jpg

44, 025...

Hey therealbountybob and Atariksi, your conversations sure do keep me on the edge of my seat! And how come the guy we have to rescue reaches the bottom so easily without dynamite, a zapper or a propeller, and I usually die with all these things?!

He knows short-cuts whereas the rescuer has to come through the main entrance of the mine. Keep this secret but on later levels, the rescuee purposely released a sea monster to prevent from being rescued so he can take his gold and make a run with it since he doesn't accept that "health is wealth." He believes that "wealth can later get you health."

That should be 131825.

118250 Level 16

I actually got to Level 19 earlier but with less points.

Did you use arrow keys?

I'm closing in on 100K with arrow keys:

Get too hard on level 13+ with arrow keys.

No way to move in small increments...

Probably have to pile up the extra men for use with delicate situations. Or use real joystick with real atari.

You can only pile up to 6 men though-- you won't extras after that.

44, 025...

Maybe they should both buy mobile/cell phones, so he can guide him through the cave, or if he doesn't want to be rescued then leave him to die! Or perhaps block off all the entrances to stop all this craziness in the first place!

By the way, slightly better score...

post-21413-1250106839_thumb.png

44, 025...

Maybe they should both buy mobile/cell phones, so he can guide him through the cave, or if he doesn't want to be rescued then leave him to die! Or perhaps block off all the entrances to stop all this craziness in the first place!

I have got news for you. There's a cell phone built into that costume/suit the rescuer is wearing but the rescuee has the cell phone on vibrate. He does require to be rescued but he keeps thinking next time he'll get the gold and not wind up in a near death state.

By the way, he does show the short-cut to the rescuer once he is rescued since now he needs to be hospitalized.

44, 025...

I have got news for you. There's a cell phone built into that costume/suit the rescuer is wearing but the rescuee has the cell phone on vibrate. He does require to be rescued but he keeps thinking next time he'll get the gold and not wind up in a near death state.

By the way, he does show the short-cut to the rescuer once he is rescued since now he needs to be hospitalized.

Perhaps in his near death state the rescuee gets amnesia, and everytime forgets that he's tried to get the gold before, that's why he keeps doing it...

44, 025...

Perhaps in his near death state the rescuee gets amnesia, and everytime forgets that he's tried to get the gold before, that's why he keeps doing it...

As I mentioned before, it's greed. He always think "this time it will be different".

Did anyone count the number of screens this game has? Seems like hundreds...

44, 025...

As I mentioned before, it's greed. He always think "this time it will be different".

See this is what happens when I go away for a few days, where's those moderators to keep things in order :D Just finishing my abbuc entry (again!) and then will have another bash at this. Would the mobile's work so deep underground?!

44, 025...

See this is what happens when I go away for a few days, where's those moderators to keep things in order :D Just finishing my abbuc entry (again!) and then will have another bash at this. Would the mobile's work so deep underground?!

Stop being so logical. That's like saying "How come Mario never shaves?"

127,810 (L.17) Don't think i'm making it to 18 bits... this could be my worst streak in the HSC yet :twisted:

Well with action hotting up (for 2nd!) on the penultimate day here's the Mini Table :)

devwebcl 204K (Level.20+?)

dodgers 138k (19)

atariksi 131K (18?)

therealbountybob 127K (17)

mapa 122K (17)

divya16 93K (15)

atardi 91K (17)

darthkur 86K (15)

roadrunner 61K (10)

gwobby 44K (9)

mopchop 14K (5)

post-19705-1250171463_thumb.jpg

Edited by therealbountybob

screens this game has? Seems like hundreds...

Here you can find all the maps http://mapy.atari8.info/hero.php at least the static caves 1-20

I tried out playing on the real machine and It happened what I supposed.. I didn't do very well 104.000+.

NTSC is much faster; I die almost always when I was falling down and didn't stop quickly (timing). Besides now I'm so comfortable playing with arrows keys + ctrl so was weird to play with joystick again (after so many years). The best thing was when I have to move a bit (usually when you have to stand up beside a radiated wall) only a small hit to the stick is enough (this was the only advantage I found).