IGNORED

1196 Borregas Avenue for lease

Joey Kay

Back around 2000, Gary Rubio and I drove all around Sunnyvale and got photo's of many of Atari's buildings:

http://www.atarimuseum.com/ahs_archives/ar...ap/1978map.html

If you move your mouse of each of the buildings you can click on them to view actual photo's

Curt

Yep it was still for lease late last year when I was there:

http://www.atariprotos.com/other/sunnyvale/sunnyvale.htm

Tempest

Awesome map. Some of them don't load tho.. 1385 and 1346 so far but I didn't try them all.

Yeah, I agree, it's an awesome page. Would love to see more (and larger) pictures of some of some of the buildings, and not all of them are accounted for. Still, great page and great initiative to drive around and take pictures of them while they're still standing (and not significantly changed).

..Al

I used to be on that same bandwagon of complaining when certain features and abilities, which to me, seemed like a no brainer, were not included.

Most people have no idea the sacrifices and limits that are sometimes a part of a product to ensure functionality and stability. It can also be a security issue in the OS or that they haven't yet released stable and reliable drivers. So don't damn the company as a whole, or the CEO because of certain disappointments you perceive in a product design.

Jobs is a nutcase and an egomaniac, that's pretty much a given, but when Apple was floundering and about to go under in the 90's, Job's pulled it back from oblivion. The products have come down in price, performance is up, features are up, overall, Apple has done a very good job overall, they are still a little pricey for my taste, but getting better each year.

Curt

Some of us like Apple. :P

Then you realize the company is still run by a control freak when you buy an Iphone 3gs and wonder why the Apple bluetooth keyboard will not connect.

I used to be on that same bandwagon of complaining when certain features and abilities, which to me, seemed like a no brainer, were not included.

Most people have no idea the sacrifices and limits that are sometimes a part of a product to ensure functionality and stability. It can also be a security issue in the OS or that they haven't yet released stable and reliable drivers. So don't damn the company as a whole, or the CEO because of certain disappointments you perceive in a product design.

I complain because it works if you Jailbreak the phone. I do not see the need to block this feature unless you want to force everyone to get used to the virtual keyboard. looks like I will need to jailbreak my phone to get the full use out of it. I did not have this option in prior Apple products.

Jobs is a nutcase and an egomaniac, that's pretty much a given, but when Apple was floundering and about to go under in the 90's, Job's pulled it back from oblivion. The products have come down in price, performance is up, features are up, overall, Apple has done a very good job overall, they are still a little pricey for my taste, but getting better each year.

Apple is getting better on price. I was hoping the Mini would stay below $500 and the laptops would be lower. I know he came back and brought Apple back from the brink. I have come back to Apple products. I had stopped using their products when I got my Dell in 1994. He must be doing something right if he has got me buy Apple products again.

Edited by Almost Rice

Then you realize the company is still run by a control freak when you buy an Iphone 3gs and wonder why the Apple bluetooth keyboard will not connect.

I never said Apple was perfect (not by a long shot). I agree that the lack of bluetooth connectivity is retarded given there are no technological barriers to it.

..Al

Back around 2000, Gary Rubio and I drove all around Sunnyvale and got photo's of many of Atari's buildings:

http://www.atarimuseum.com/ahs_archives/ar...ap/1978map.html

If you move your mouse of each of the buildings you can click on them to view actual photo's

Curt

Where's 275 Gibraltar?

I guess you remember that someone that steve job's hired to help run the company (Sculley) ultimately fired Jobs way back when

Where is John Sculley now....what is he doing now....perhaps he's squatting in one of the old atari buildings

They say never to buy or rent office space from an area that went out of business.I can see 1196 borregas being torn down in the near future,thats usually what happens with property thats stays vacant for so long.

Edited by Rik

Yep.

And I'd wish the place upon Microsoft, but it appears they don't need any help shooting themselves in the foot these days. ;)

Amazingly their worst product ever [Windows 7] since Windows ME or Millenium is selling like hot cakes on pre-sales :ponder:

Anyway I'd like one day to visit all the historical buildings from the giants of the 80s home computer world...maybe if we all go at once there will be a tear in the space time continium and we get dragged back to a better place in time :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you remember that someone that steve job's hired to help run the company (Sculley) ultimately fired Jobs way back when

He didn't really fire Jobs, he just disagreed with him and Steve quit.

John Sculley:

The board had to make a choice, and I said look, it's Steve's company, I was brought in here to help you know, if you want him to run it that's fine with me but you know we've at least got to decide what we're going to do and everyone has got to get behind it.

Where is John Sculley now....what is he doing now....perhaps he's squatting in one of the old atari buildings

Well he's not selling sugar water! (Jobs said do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life or do you want to come with me and change the world)

• 1 month later...

(LOL! It's hilarious how quickly this conversation evolved!)

I just thought I'd give my input on Apple vs. Microsoft. I hate both of them! Apple's products are overpriced and nearly impossible to repair yourself, not to mention the "Prius-owner-like" attitude that comes with owning an iPod. And Microsoft, among all of the other things wrong with the company, actually just does not care about customer satisfaction. Apparently, they just figure that people have come to accept their mediocrity, so they just don't bother to improve their products (and I'm not just talking about Windows, the XBox 360 is probably the worst constructed piece of crap ever conceived. Don't get me wrong, the games are great, but I bought mine in June 2007 and have sent it in for a repair 3 times! 3 TIMES!!!).

For those who find themselves in my predicament, curled up in a corner and crying, there is an alternative: Linux!! I know it seems intimidating at first, but I've been running Ubuntu for about 6 months now and I've gotta say, I'm really impressed!

People still hate Microsoft? What is this, 1998? Oh no, the big company that sells the thing no one will soon buy (most people polled now believe either Google or the browser is their OS) is third in search! They're falling way, way behind in mobile to everyone in the universe! Their MP3 player is still an MP3 player instead of a smartphone! They've lost money to be second in consoles! Bill Gates is worth less than he was last year! They're plnning to release their biggest money maker for free to compete with the other free versions of similar products! Kill them before they compete in a free marketplace! They'll fight to be competitive! Down with middle of the pack!

(I don't usually go so crazy with exclamations, but it was the only way I could even sarcastically pretend to be worried about Microsoft's "monopoly," a thing they haven't had in years, if ever).

You want to hate on something, how about Google? They have a legitimate chance of becoming the browser, OS, word processor, and mobile platform of choice. And they've moved well away from the "don't be evil" thing, with their deals to censor sites, sell user information, block competitors from their search, etc. When are people going to realize Google is the new Microsoft? Your prejudices are from a bygone era.