IGNORED

WANTED: Atari 5200 System

sdstuff64

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple of 5200 units. I think one or two of them may be boxed, I'll have to look. I also have new and still sealed 5200 Track-Ball controllers. The 5200 units though are used. I know the consoles work but I don't know about the controllers. I have some games though most are common titles. E-mail me at fmh@netzero.net if interested and I'll dig around for the units.

I don't understand what you mean buy hookups? I have 2 port and 4 port models. The 4 port I have requires a special TV box that I should have and will include with the console. The 2 port console uses a regular TV switch box. I haven't though about a price yet. I want to find everything and test it out. Like I stated before I don't know about the controllers if they are fully functional after all these years.

I'll state here what I told those who have already E-mailed me. It's going to take a few days for me to locate the systems and test them. As I get systems tested and ready to go I'll E-mail the people who already contacted me and then post them here.

I also have original Service Manuals, Diagnostic Carts, and a couple of Prototype carts for the 5200 (as well as for other systems.) I do not have a complete list of items though. Oh I also have a few 7800 consoles only and some boxed 4 and 6 switch 2600 systems too plus a 2600 computer system in the box for sale (Yes a 2600 computer system with BASIC built in, keyboard, and a cassette recorder. This was displayed at the 2002 CinciClassic and there is a pic of it at their Web Site).

OK, last night I went through all my hiding places and found 3 consoles with one of them boxed. I need to find controllers now. I also found 1 new obviously boxed roller controller and about 5 different used 5200 3rd party controllers for the 5200.

I've had a large amount of E-mail about the equipment so to answer everyone at once here it goes.

I have found the following *none of it tested yet*

3 consoles 1 of them boxed I forget how many 2 port and 4 port units there are

1 NEW trackball controller

1 Field Service Manual in an Atari Consumer Electronics Division binder. It has many hand written notes on seperate paper and large fold out schemetics of all the hardware (console 2+4port, TV switch box, roller controller, normal controller, and diagnostic flow charts or how to deficer what's wrong with a unit) This is well used as I assume a few 5200s broke down over the years. Manual ID is FD100127 Rev.4 July 1983.

1 Masterplay 5200 interface that has a 5200 passthru or an Atari 2600 controller can be used instead plus a Auxilary Fire Control port that I am not sure how it is used? It's a neat 3x5 device.

2 Competition Pro Joysticks. These have 5200 ports on them and a passthru. Use these as your 5200 joystick but still use the original for the keypad.

1 Wico Baseball Bat 5200 joystick. These have 5200 ports on them and a passthru. Use these as your 5200 joystick but still use the original for the keypad.

2 Wico Keypads that allow the use of 2600 joysticks.

1 Activision Hero Prototype or loaner cart

1 German Atari 5200 Mislabeled Prototype cart. It says Centipede but is really Roadrunner. Not sure if it is exactly the same version as other Roadrunner Prototypes floating around.

1 Atari 5200 Diagnostics with Silver Warner Label

I hope to start testing stuff over the weekend if not then early next week. I have not yet decided on pricing for any of the above as if it doesn't work or I don't have enough working standard 5200 controllers then that will effect the price.

Here’s what I have tested and the prices I am asking not including shipping. If interested in any of the items please E-mail me at fmh@netzero.net and we can go from there. I do not have any Web Space at the moment so if interested in scans on some of the items please E-mail and I’ll send them to you.

I started testing out consoles and the 2-port unit worked fine. I could not find a single working Atari controller though. At that point I did not bother testing the 4-port consoles as I do not have any working 5200 controllers at this time. I may have more in the basement, but until I have controllers I will not list the consoles for sale at this time. If someone wants a console minus any controllers then I will be willing to sell them but most people want one, preferably two working controllers with a deck.

Last updated 11-19-02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

45.00 5200 Diagnostic Cartridge - No label acquired in the early 90's from Atari Dealer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75.00 Activision 5200 Loaner or Prototype Hero Cartridge

Trade German 5200 mislabeled Prototype Cartridge. It says Centipede but really

Only contains Road Runner. I am not sure if this is the same version of Road Runner

that is already floating around or not

50.00 Field Service Manual in an Atari Consumer Electronics Division binder. It has many hand written notes on separate paper and large fold out schematics of all the hardware (console 2+4port, TV switch box, roller controller, normal controller, and diagnostic flow charts or how to decipher what's wrong with a unit) This manual is well used. Manual ID is FD100127 Rev.4 July 1983

125.00 5200 Diagnostic Cartridge with Silver Warner Label with the name of the

dealer it was sent to imprinted on the label

45.00 5200 Track Ball controller NEW in the box