IGNORED

Matthew Ratcliff (Mat*Rat)

tjb

1 hour ago, bfollowell said:

It's doubtful that he'll see it. That post was from '14 and his last ever post to any of the forums was in '15. Still, stranger things have happened. It would be interesting to see this one revived.

From the year that his dad passed and him mentioning that he was 13, that'd have him around 37 now. He could very well be highly involved in career and family raising. We all went through those stages and found our way back to our Atari's, maybe he'll do the same.

Feels wrong to say it, but I did make sure he had a working 800XL in order to see his dad's stuff.  I really hope it helped him.  My dad passed away almost 6 years ago now and it still just absolutely sucks.  My desire to work in my garage on my cars or do a lot of the custom work I did has just left me, because anything I do, I can't show him and hope he likes it.

Sorry for the post - it just sparked some memories.

• Like 3

No problem at all. We can't just play along nicely with our Ataris, blind to the world and pretend that life, as wonderful as it is overall, doesn't just suck sometimes. If piping in about your problems dealing with the loss of your dad, and me reading it and commenting can help in any small way, what else can we hope for? How else can we really be helpful to each other? Neither my wife nor I have lost either of our parents yet, but they're all in their eighties, so let's face it, it's only a matter of time. I try not to think about it or take the time that we have for granted, but to some degree it's human nature. I hope you can find that spark again, knowing your dad likely would've loved seeing anything that you'd done and would be happy knowing that you're still finding some small amount of joy in your hobbies, even if he isn't here to show anymore.

• Thanks 1