IGNORED

HSC 6 Contest 18: Flip and Flop

JellE

Contest ends at 11:30 pm ET on Friday, September 11, 2009.

Flip and Flop

Flip and Flop was released in the USA in 1983 by First Star Software.

<!--

BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small }

-->

8-BIT HIGH SCORE CLUB SEASON 6
Contest 18: Flip and Flop Ends: 11:30 PM EDT Friday 09/11/2009
Player Place Score Points
Deteacher 1st 114,285 12
MaPa 2nd 100,340 11
therealbountybob 3rd 41,800 10
Shannon 4th 34,700 9
dodgers 5th 34,440 8
Atardi 6th 22,480 7
Gwobby 7th 20,735 6
poobah 8th 17,990 5
devwebcl 9th 16,670 4
darthkur 10th 14,280 3
atariksi HM/P 11,945 1
Goochman HM/P 8,030 1
mimo HM/P 6,260 1
spookt HM/P 6,115 1
bluecat HM/P 5,875 1
roadrunner HM/P 3,935 1
mopchop HM/P 2,725 1

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

Edited by JellE

post-3960-125180180076_thumb.png

In level 19 you have to step on the tiles two times to clear it, tile with square changes to tile with cross and after it to clear tile. (hmm maybe if I would read manual on Atarimania I wouldn't be surprised :) )

Btw. why it's Flip and Flop when the kangaroo is Flip but the monkey is Mitch? :)

post-3960-125180180692_thumb.png

Edited by MaPa

20,295 Level 14ish :x

I only see ATX version of this game floating around. Any ATR version or executable as my PC interface to Atari doesn't do ATX stuff. I can deal with ATRs as they are just sector dumps after you remove the header.

The .rom won't work? Let me see if I can find the .atr version. If I can, I will PM it to you.

I only see ATX version of this game floating around. Any ATR version or executable as my PC interface to Atari doesn't do ATX stuff. I can deal with ATRs as they are just sector dumps after you remove the header.

The .rom won't work? Let me see if I can find the .atr version. If I can, I will PM it to you.

It's on Homesoft disk 264 which is an ATR if that helps?

In level 19 you have to step on the tiles two times to clear it, tile with square changes to tile with cross and after it to clear tile. (hmm maybe if I would read manual on Atarimania I wouldn't be surprised :) )

Btw. why it's Flip and Flop when the kangaroo is Flip but the monkey is Mitch? :)

Great score, I was thinking the same about Flip and Mitch ;) and by the way were you using an emulator or an actual Atari to play, because I juts can't get the hang of it on an emulator.

Great score, I was thinking the same about Flip and Mitch ;) and by the way were you using an emulator or an actual Atari to play, because I juts can't get the hang of it on an emulator.

An emulator, as you can guess from the nice sharp screenshots (hmm maybe with capture card one could do the same quality pics) :)

Edited by MaPa

34,700... Man that trapezoid thing can be scary while you hear it coming to get you on the larger screens. :lol:

Great scores guys. You mean that Zoo Keepers Net :D Maybe it's meant to be philip (flip) and mitch... I suppose Flip and Mitch wasn't good for the marketing people :ponder:

22,745 Seriously got under pressure and blew it big time, at least I got to see the third animated scene ;-)

Gwobby - I'll have to get round to sourcing the bits and making you a joystick interface for the PC, don't want any excuses now!

p.s. I'm going to crush you like a fly :P

Hats off to whoever wins this one as the game is pure test of skill, no luck whatsoever. If you are having trouble with the monkey try and forget he is there and just look at his hands is about the only tip I have. I tried to look at the 3d tiles the other way, as if he was really hanging down, if you see what I mean, but the 3d perspective and the ladders seemed to break my brain ;)

OK table time, now we have a few runners, or should that be jumpers :roll:

#1 shannon 34,700

2. mapa 32,190

3. deteacher 22,755

4. therealbountybob 22,745

5. gwobby 20,735

6. devwebcl 16,670

7. goochman 8,030

8. spookt 4,530

9. roadrunner 3,935

10.mopchop 2,725

11.bluecat 2,645

----------------------

atariksi hmm...

jelle c'mon have a go!

So at this early stage it's shannon vs mapa for their first win of the season :grin:

post-19705-125183183028.jpg

Edited by therealbountybob

Mapa will probably beat me. I usually only get my best score on my first round.

I agree about the hands. Just keep your eyes on the mitch's hands. Also if the other character is jumping you can jump toward/thru them. Real handy in places like the stairs. On the later levels when you trap a character get as far away as possible from them. If a character is hot on your trail don't worry about getting every spot, you can always come round later and get them when it is easier. Lastly, somewhere in the later levels the time a character gets stuck in the trap resets? (I forget what level it was). So you get a little break for a while before the pace picks back up again.

That didn't load either on my 800XL. That must contain some special DOS on it as I can't even view the directory.

So at this early stage it's shannon vs mapa for their first win of the season :grin:

I think I'll have to live without winning ;)

Mapa will probably beat me. I usually only get my best score on my first round.

I don't think so, maybe I'll not even try any more, but the end of contest is far away yet so who knows ;)

I agree about the hands. Just keep your eyes on the mitch's hands. Also if the other character is jumping you can jump toward/thru them. Real handy in places like the stairs. On the later levels when you trap a character get as far away as possible from them. If a character is hot on your trail don't worry about getting every spot, you can always come round later and get them when it is easier. Lastly, somewhere in the later levels the time a character gets stuck in the trap resets? (I forget what level it was). So you get a little break for a while before the pace picks back up again.

I usually just count the number of tiles and moves with the monkey and not trying to SEE where it hangs :) Yes in some level (16,17,18?) the trap was holding enemies longer again.

That didn't load either on my 800XL. That must contain some special DOS on it as I can't even view the directory.

There's an ATR version on the Vietnam site Seems ok on the emulator, hope this works!

Edited by therealbountybob