IGNORED

My Retro Game room and Collection!

jeremysart

Kewl - but I didn't here you talk about the walls - the decor is interesting...can you tell us what all you did there?

I painted all of the walls, and the floor black. I made the stencils with poster board and used fluorescent spray paints.

I also painted the pipes and vents with green fluorescent. I still intend on adding more shelves to hold boxed games and such.

It really looks much better with the main light off, especially at night (which is when I am usually playing games anyway). The room really gives off an Arcade feeling, I just need a soundtrack of Pacman and Centipede with people talking and popping in quarters :D

Kewl - but I didn't here you talk about the walls - the decor is interesting...can you tell us what all you did there?

I painted all of the walls, and the floor black. I made the stencils with poster board and used fluorescent spray paints.

I also painted the pipes and vents with green fluorescent. I still intend on adding more shelves to hold boxed games and such.

It really looks much better with the main light off, especially at night (which is when I am usually playing games anyway). The room really gives off an Arcade feeling, I just need a soundtrack of Pacman and Centipede with people talking and popping in quarters :D

Download the arcade ambiance MP3s - there's two of them and play them simulaneously in separate MP3/CD players located on opposite sides of the room.

You'll have to G00gle it - I don't remember where I found them...

I like the imperfections of the fluorescent spray paint...looks really cool...

Download the arcade ambiance MP3s - there's two of them and play them simulaneously in separate MP3/CD players located on opposite sides of the room.

You'll have to G00gle it - I don't remember where I found them...

I like the imperfections of the fluorescent spray paint...looks really cool...

Yeah, I went for some drip and splatter effects, it looks pretty nice when the black lights are on. Some of the stencils I made up look pretty crisp, The space invaders on the door really pop out. I like the sorta "graffiti" look to it :P

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I went for some drip and splatter effects, it looks pretty nice when the black lights are on. Some of the stencils I made up look pretty crisp, The space invaders on the door really pop out. I like the sorta "graffiti" look to it :P

Thanks for the comments.

Excuse my laziness, but where did you find the spray paint? I was in Home Depot today and I didn't see any there unless I was simply not looking in the right location...

Cool! Nice gameroom and you are from Michigan too. :)

Will you be joining us on the 12th at Pinball Pete's for the Michigan AtariAge gathering/meet-up?

I did not know there was an AA meeting in Michigan (at least not the AA meeting im talking about) haha. Could you let me know more about the event? Where is Pinball Pete's? Its this a monthly thing??

Thanks for the comments.

Excuse my laziness, but where did you find the spray paint? I was in Home Depot today and I didn't see any there unless I was simply not looking in the right location...

Home Depot does have them, and they are cheaper than the hobby/craft shops. But I got mine at Michaels for triple the price before I knew this :| They only carry orange and yellow though, I believe.

Michigan Meeting: Check the events thread. It is not a monthly thing, this is just a bigger get-together I guess. I may have to back out (which sucks) but oh well.

Also, I kinda like the pipes painted neon green. I may need to do that somewhere for the kiddo on his part of the basement. I don't think mine will have that or they will be hidden. (one or the other)

Michigan Meeting: Check the events thread. It is not a monthly thing, this is just a bigger get-together I guess. I may have to back out (which sucks) but oh well.

Also, I kinda like the pipes painted neon green. I may need to do that somewhere for the kiddo on his part of the basement. I don't think mine will have that or they will be hidden. (one or the other)

Yup check the events threads you will find it over there it should be a great time and Eric your bumming out if you can not make it buddy. Whats going on? Work my friend?

Edited by jboypacman

• 1 month later...