IGNORED

Does anyone have the STSpeech souce code?

Tyrant

I'm looking to understand how STSpeech.tos works, with the hope of porting it to other platforms, and before I go poking about trying to disassemble it myself, I figured it would be smart to check incase anyone either has the source, or has done a disassembly of it before and could help me pick it apart.

I know, a bit of a long shot, but it's such a commonly used voice I'm hoping someone has already taken it apart to see what makes it tick (or rather, speak).

I'm looking to understand how STSpeech.tos works, with the hope of porting it to other platforms, and before I go poking about trying to disassemble it myself, I figured it would be smart to check incase anyone either has the source, or has done a disassembly of it before and could help me pick it apart.

I know, a bit of a long shot, but it's such a commonly used voice I'm hoping someone has already taken it apart to see what makes it tick (or rather, speak).

Indeed it has. Search at this forum. Specifically in the programming sections.

http://www.atari-forum.com/

Edited by lp060

I was going to mention it at JFUK but I forgot, anyway there was a STOS program (just BASIC code) written by Tony Greenwood I think that would read out text on the ST, I assume that is they type of thing you are looking for. I have never tried STspeeach is it I do not know if it is better or worse but it might give you some ideas if you can find a copy, try asking some of the STOS people on Atari Forum if they have a copy or know where you can download it.

I was going to mention it at JFUK but I forgot, anyway there was a STOS program (just BASIC code) written by Tony Greenwood I think that would read out text on the ST, I assume that is they type of thing you are looking for. I have never tried STspeeach is it I do not know if it is better or worse but it might give you some ideas if you can find a copy, try asking some of the STOS people on Atari Forum if they have a copy or know where you can download it.

Interesting... in STOS basic you say? That's either very impressive or simply a wrapper that calls stspeech.tos :P

I'll have a hunt for it, although now I've found a disassembly of stspeech I'll probably just go from that, since the sound of its voice is so well known and loved.