IGNORED

Harmony cart preorder list

batari

My search-fu is weak. Is there a post somewhere with the features of the cartridge, or better yet a review of the preorder ones that some folks have already gotten?

Scratch that - finally found it. Will be putting my name in for a preorder!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/144469-are-you-going-to-buy-a-harmony-cart-for-the-atari-2600/page__hl__harmony

Edited by Havok69

My search-fu is weak. Is there a post somewhere with the features of the cartridge, or better yet a review of the preorder ones that some folks have already gotten?

Have a look at this long thread. Briefly, it supports SD and SDHC cards (up to 32GB) and will run all Atari 2600 titles up to 32KB in size (which is basically every game except for a few demos). I haven't seen any reviews here yet, but I think most people are very happy with the pre-release versions.

Chris

How about a SDSDB-2048 SanDisk 2GB SD Memory Card? It's under $10 shipped.

That card should be fine. Beware of buying SanDisk cards on eBay as there are lots of fakes floating around.

Chris

That's good to know. I ordered one from Amazon. Hopefully it's not a fake.

I have finally caught up on all of my preorder list confirmation emails. If you asked to be added to the list and never got an email, check your spam folders (I sent a bulk-reply with lots of email addresses, which might trigger spam filters.)

Thank you for your patience!

I have finally caught up on all of my preorder list confirmation emails. If you asked to be added to the list and never got an email, check your spam folders (I sent a bulk-reply with lots of email addresses, which might trigger spam filters.)

Got my confirmation email just fine! Thank you so much, now it's so much easier to sleep at night (-8 Woohoo!

Great, great stuff, can't wait to be able to purcahse it and start waiting for it's arrival, hehe! Thank you, mr. Batari, I am very grateful and appreciative of all your hard work, hassle and trouble that you are going through. Also I am thankful for your loyalty to your customers and all in all making this great product so people might have more joy in their lives.

Thank you indeed, Mr. Batari!

Sincerely,

- Monk

Atari User in the Northern part of the planet

Thanks Batari, got the email here too. Looking forward to getting my hands on one now :)

Hello all,

So far, I have emailed the first 50 or so respondents to the preorder list to offer the production samples for sale. Since this was a bulk email that mentioned Paypal, I think it may have triggered spam filters. If you signed up for the preorder list early, please check your spam folder for an email from me.

Thanks!

Edited by batari

mini usb doesn't fit

What's the problem exactly?

I have mini usb cable (think it's the wrong type it came with my jazz jdc27 digi cam)

no big right now I prob can just find an adapter at micro-center

You don't need the cable to use your Harmony, only to reprogram the BIOS, which isn't necessary right now as your cart already has the latest BIOS.

It is probably a micro-B USB cable. You need a mini-B cable for Harmony, but again, not unless you need to update the BIOS.

mini usb doesn't fit

What's the problem exactly?

I have mini usb cable (think it's the wrong type it came with my jazz jdc27 digi cam)

no big right now I prob can just find an adapter at micro-center

You don't need the cable to use your Harmony, only to reprogram the BIOS, which isn't necessary right now as your cart already has the latest BIOS.

It is probably a micro-B USB cable. You need a mini-B cable for Harmony, but again, not unless you need to update the BIOS.

thats cool, I thin it might be mini one I have. my plan was to load games via usb using my flash but I guess that can't be done

the mmc card should work if not I have to look for one.

thanks agian for the harmony and bartibasic

not my day today: my mem card is too big for harmony

now I have to buy me a SD card

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

I just received a Thank You message from Fred Quimby(is he; a.k.a. batari???) for ordering a production sample unit and he says it should arrive within a week. :) That's cool because I forgot to include any message(as well as my AA screen-name) with my paypal payment to him this morning, so I sent a PM also to help clearify my payment, just incase he was wondering, who on AA, the payment was from.

Thank You batari!

ovalbugmann (real name: Noel Roberts)

Edited by ovalbugmann