IGNORED

Lynx HSC: first half of October 2009: Xenophobe

atari2600land

my eyeballs are bleeding, but I managed to beat that score mr. delee! :D

its 3.636.205 points... with the 5 barely readable... but a nice message added :P

f4ldll.jpg

and wow, that mother alien is a b**** to kill. Too bad they didnt use the graphix in the last station in earlier stages.. would've looked awesome

Sorry dude... your score is invalid.

You had to have it in by midnight-last night.

Better luck next time

Did I make you go back and look?! LOL ;)

Congrats man! There is no way I will have time to go back and try to beat that score.

Man... I wonder how you got the extra points! You didn't have any self-destruct levels either. Cool.

Yep... I got that nasty little message as well. :)

I agree that Graphics on that last level are spectacular! I'm half attempted to go back and play again so I can take screen shots of it. (I think there is a level skip cheat... isn't there? Or at least there SHOULD be...)

I'm curious about the second half of this month.

I wonder what we'll be playing now.

Halloween-type games:

AvP: Can't play that...

Dameonsgate: Everyone puts on their exploring hats perhaps? LOL

Dracula the Undead... not sure how that can be used for a high score contest.

Pinball Jam (Elvira): I can see this one...

Should be interesting. It will be competing with my Williams Pinball that I've been playing on the PSP though.

So I may not get an all too fascinating score this time. Oh well.

its a minor difference in score, but I also couldn't grab all the items on every stage. For some reason when there's like 6% aliens left the rest just simply dies, and I didn't have time to scavenge the rest of the base. All in all, this one stays one of my favorite on the lynx!! I got 2 copies and a lynx-com, just waiting for someone to show up and play through that thing again :P

its a minor difference in score, but I also couldn't grab all the items on every stage. For some reason when there's like 6% aliens left the rest just simply dies, and I didn't have time to scavenge the rest of the base. All in all, this one stays one of my favorite on the lynx!! I got 2 copies and a lynx-com, just waiting for someone to show up and play through that thing again :P

That would be fun. I haven't done anything (except a small bit of Warbirds) comlynxed yet.

One of these days I will... lol

its a minor difference in score, but I also couldn't grab all the items on every stage. For some reason when there's like 6% aliens left the rest just simply dies, and I didn't have time to scavenge the rest of the base.

I noticed that about the Aliens as well. Once you get to a certain percentage... they start to kill off. Kind of like bacteria in the air that kills them or something. lol

Also... I am half-tempted to restart a game tonight and give it a try again. I'd hate to though, as I think I can get some extra work done so I can go home early tomorrow. I have to work all weekend though, so I'm not really sure what I'll do. LOL

Don't be surprised if I pop back on here again with another score! LOL

As atari2600land said:

Now this is what I like seeing: competition!

Yep... the game slows down a bit when there's a lot of action in the room you are in and the next room. It is a bit annoying, but not too bad.

I hate getting hit by something close to a door and then loosing your weapon as it shoots through the door opening. When you go to the next room, it is gone. :(

I ran into that tasty little bit last night then got demolished by an army of aliens without a weapon in my hands.

That was my last try at getting the high score back (yep... I was trying again... gave up after that though).

What's next?! LOL

I took the pic just a little before I bought the farm so the points don't precisely match. Getting a picture of the red death screen isn't exactly easy. Especially when you have to keep pushing pause repeatedly because the score blinks on and off. Grrrr.

post-10357-125574698671_thumb.jpg