IGNORED

Mazy Match aka "Unknown Game 2" for Sale

CD-i

Well this game being a "one of" cartridge and also being boxed would leave me to think it's gotta be near the top of the heap of R10's. I mean how many one of games are out there that include the box? Hell we didn't even know the name of this game untill this box was found.

The name is probably not mazy match ;)

Dont get me wrong, this is an awesome find, but its the pirate cart of an original game. Sorta like finding a boxed taiwan cooper version of a game that hasn't been discovered. so the pirate version of the game has surfaced before the original.

Its a little like this game, where the rom has been floating around on a rare console, but wasnt found in cart form until recently. Only this is an original, not pirate.

post-7232-125497788627_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dino

Wow so is this the rarest CIB R10 or what?

No,its equally as rare as some other CIB R10 games,but its not alone and its only a pirate game.

I own some CIB R10 games myself and i imaging Marco does also.

I also know of some other sellers that have CIB R10 games,you could say that CIB R10 games are about an R9 :D

Yes, but nothing you have CIB is worth 275 Euros :D J/K

Well this game being a "one of" cartridge and also being boxed would leave me to think it's gotta be near the top of the heap of R10's. I mean how many one of games are out there that include the box? Hell we didn't even know the name of this game untill this box was found.

It's a prize piece for sure. I don't know if Pet Boat games came with instructions or not. Maybe it is 100% complete. Seems weird all the other games would have instructions and this one didn't, unless it didn't originally have instructions.

No,its equally as rare as some other CIB R10 games,but its not alone and its only a pirate game.

I also know of some other sellers that have CIB R10 games,you could say that CIB R10 games are about an R9 :D

Yes there is ;)

Yes there is ;)

:ahoy:

Its a little like this game, where the rom has been floating around on a rare console, but wasnt found in cart form until recently. Only this is an original, not pirate.

Which game is on it?

8)

Done a while ago:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/103737-2600-rom-comparisions-and-dumps/page__view__findpost__p__1476310

huh, this many replies. :)

ok: The End label has a sticker like the box, with typewrited "Mazy Match" on it. I'll do a better picture of it after work.

Instructions: I don't know if this game has ever had instructions. I bought a lot of over 30 games, and mazy match was the only one which came without manual, so i suppose it never had any manual.

Current bid for this is 350€. PM me if you want to bid more. Shipping will be free complete insured with tracking anywhere in the world!

Hope this game finds a new home at this community.

Cheers

Heiko

...its the pirate cart of an original game.

Not necessary. It could be vice-versa. Maybe this is the original with space left for the distributors to add their logos?

close to zero percent chance on that one. Pet boat and Fantastic Games games are not originals, they are all pipirates, so this one will not be any different. the missing logo is classic pirate stuff, and done many times before

Is there any evidence, that an original has ever been made? maybe that game has never been released and only the pirates have picked it up. so this would be the original release. but without any evidence, we can only assume...

the rom exists on a console, i believe in NTSC format. this is a pirate, usually done by the company that manufactures the original. They usually rip off the original and make bootleg copies, so if the original was sent to them for manufacture, there must be copies around ;)

I wouldnt worry about it too much, this is still an awesome find and worth a fair bit, even though its a pirate!

Edited by Dino

Which game is on it?

8)

Done a while ago:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/103737-2600-rom-comparisions-and-dumps/page__view__findpost__p__1476310

Completely different case.

There are thousands of Super Challenge Baseball carts.

But only one clone is known with The Unknown Game on it.

It's not only the uniqueness of the pirate, but also the uniqueness of the game itself.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I like the fact that the game is playing Beethoven´s 9th symphony. For those who don´t know it´s also the European anthem.

I say we have to save this gem of a game for its european character. Make sure guys that Mazy Match will not leave the good old continent!

The highest european bidder can add the amount of 25€ to his final bid and in the case that he wins that game I will transfer the money (25€) to him! :D

Yeah, no kidding here!!

Is there any evidence, that an original has ever been made? maybe that game has never been released and only the pirates have picked it up. so this would be the original release. but without any evidence, we can only assume...

I'm quite sure your version is not the original version, because it's a Pet Boat cart (all other generic labelled Pet Boat carts are clearly pirates) and doesn't carry a company's logo on screen.

However, it may be closer to the original version than the Datatech one.

IMO, the Datatech version is a converted (to NTSC) version of the PAL original.

The screen jumps while playing the Datatech version (does yours too?) and it looks like they replaced the original logo with the Datatech logo (it's not properly alligned with the © 1983 text).

Also, as far as we know Datatech did not release one single original.

Even their Seal to Whales is a pirate.

Btw: although it sounds silly, the game's original title could very well be Mazy Match, because all other Pet Boat releases carried the original game titles.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I like the fact that the game is playing Beethoven´s 9th symphony. For those who don´t know it´s also the European anthem.

I say we have to save this gem of a game for its european character. Make sure guys that Mazy Match will not leave the good old continent!

The highest european bidder can add the amount of 25€ to his final bid and in the case that he wins that game I will transfer the money (25€) to him! :D

Yeah, no kidding here!!

Hey i have several games that come from Europe,i can sell them back to you PLUS 25€ extra so that they remain in Europe. :D

Yeah, no kidding here!!

Hey i have several games that come from Europe,i can sell them back to you PLUS 25€ extra so that they remain in Europe. :D

Adelaide Steve alias the Master of Desaster is talking....... :P

Yeah, no kidding here!!

Adelaide Steve alias the Master of Desaster is talking....... :P

Hey i dont belong to some crazy German rock band that hate everything.

Besides this game is coming to Australia,but if you transfer 25€ to my bank account i will not bid on it.

Edited by pangasinan

I'm quite sure your version is not the original version, because it's a Pet Boat cart (all other generic labelled Pet Boat carts are clearly pirates) and doesn't carry a company's logo on screen.

However, it may be closer to the original version than the Datatech one.

IMO, the Datatech version is a converted (to NTSC) version of the PAL original.

The screen jumps while playing the Datatech version (does yours too?) and it looks like they replaced the original logo with the Datatech logo (it's not properly alligned with the © 1983 text).

Also, as far as we know Datatech did not release one single original.

Even their Seal to Whales is a pirate.

Btw: although it sounds silly, the game's original title could very well be Mazy Match, because all other Pet Boat releases carried the original game titles.

8)

yes, mine does jump too.

yes, i'm sure, that mine is not THE original, and i believe that this is a pirate. my thought is: anyone developed this game, but did'nt release it. Pet Boat got theri hand on the finished, unpublished game and threw it on the market themselves. I'm aware that Pet Boat didn't develop the game...

yes, mine does jump too.

yes, i'm sure, that mine is not THE original, and i believe that this is a pirate. my thought is: anyone developed this game, but did'nt release it. Pet Boat got theri hand on the finished, unpublished game and threw it on the market themselves.

Either that or:

- The Datatech version is actually the original (with jumpy screen and all).

- Datatech somehow got their hands on the unreleased, but finished original.

- The original was released by a still unknown company and is still out there somewhere.

It would be great if Marco can show us his Seal to Whales cartridge and some screenshots of the game:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?MENU=2&VERSION_ID=14531

Perhaps Mazy Match was originally released in a similar looking Datatech box.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Debating what is original or pirated when it comes to these Taiwan releases seems impossible without shipping invoices or other details about their business dealings. They probably all came from the same fab, with designs made to order from various distributors. Nothing short of Carbon dating will tell us what version came first. It would be awesome to get information from the folks who dealt with this stuff in Taiwan back in the day. Or even the people who distributed it anywhere, including the Quelle stuff, which probably came from the same factories. Any sell sheets from back in the day turn up?