IGNORED

Help with hooking up Atari system

Melanie

I have a Atari 7800 system,and I am trying to hook it up to my TV. I went,and purchased a adaptor,but all I keep getting is a blank blue screen. Is there anywhere that gives a step by step on how to hook this thing up?

Does the power light come on?

What channel are you trying? It's needs to be analog channel 3 or 4, there's a switch on the back of the 7800 that controls which of the two it uses. This is assuming you are in the USA.

Mitch

use this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-RF-TV-Adapter-Direct-Connect-2600-7800-5200-Etc_W0QQitemZ140350006548QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item20ad832514) hook it on your tv where the coaxle goes. If your tv doesn't have that you can run it to the input on your vcr. The channel you will use will depend on which way your 7800 switch is set. on the back of your atari 7800 is a switch with a circle and a square one on each side. this is the channel select switch. The circle is channel 3 and the square is channel 4. If direct to your tv make sure your on the right channel for the mode your 7800 is set for and if direct to your vcr then put tv on channel for vcr and vcr should be on channel setting the 7800 is set for. plug power adapter into wall and your set. If yov use the original rf then you will need an adapter that goes from the ancient 2 wire to co axle and hook the same way the two wires can hook to ether side of the adapter but this way can have issues if the original rf has issues which is probably the most common Atari problem. If you want an s video mod or an av mod ill hook you up for the cost plus $10 and shipping both ways. I have a lot of spare time as I'm disabled so the wait would be minimal. If you have a different adapter let me know and I'll have you up and running in no time as long as your 7800 is in working condition. Hope this helps.

Yes the power light comes on,and I have tried it on both channel 3 and 4. I bought this adapter..

RCA%20female%20to%20coax%20adapter.jpg and I still getting nothing.

I use that same sort of adapter with no problems for both my 5200 and 7800. A blue screen sounds like something that your particular TV does when it doesn't sense a signal. Some TVs have options for multiple inputs (RCA, S-video, Component, etc). Make sure that you have it set to receive a signal from an antenna or coaxial cable.

Let us know how it goes. No 7800 should go unused.

Yes the power light comes on,and I have tried it on both channel 3 and 4. I bought this adapter..

RCA%20female%20to%20coax%20adapter.jpg and I still getting nothing.

That's a good adapter. An informative article on how to connect it is here. Though it sounds like you are on the right track.

Also, do you know for sure if the 7800 is working? They do die once in a while unfortunately.

Mitch