IGNORED

Dark Chambers Maps

Mord

And here are T-O and T-P.

One of the variants for T-O doesn't involve the keys or gates as far as I can tell. It's just obvious how all the monster generators are moved and concentrated in one section of the map that you have to fight your way through twice.

For T-P, after loading the level for about half an hour I didn't see a third special pattern at all. Monster generator locations stayed constant. Might be a case where in some instances there are more indestructible generators than others but I don't know if that would really qualify as a third variation or just luck of the draw. I'll try loading it more tomorrow to see if I hit on anything new but I'm not holding my breath (anymore! ;))

X remaining. I'll do that tomorrow morning. :)

post-4460-126830118755_thumb.png

post-4460-126830119748_thumb.png

• Like 2

Way to go Mord! This is awesome! I still think something needs to be put to print... perhaps I will attempt something and post a page to see if interest is there for a full project. I don't know what it costs to get stuff printed in colour but it would have to be done in colour so these glorious maps can be a part of it! :)

I realize this is a huge project but I need to give it a shot... even if it takes a long time.

Another excellent job Mord! Maybe you should take a break from your "work" and take it easy for a little while. You put more effort and dedication into these maps than some people do for their jobs.

I love your idea King_Salamon, I just don't know about costs on something like that.

Edited by jeremiahjt

And here are T-O and T-P.

One of the variants for T-O doesn't involve the keys or gates as far as I can tell. It's just obvious how all the monster generators are moved and concentrated in one section of the map that you have to fight your way through twice.

For T-P, after loading the level for about half an hour I didn't see a third special pattern at all. Monster generator locations stayed constant. Might be a case where in some instances there are more indestructible generators than others but I don't know if that would really qualify as a third variation or just luck of the draw. I'll try loading it more tomorrow to see if I hit on anything new but I'm not holding my breath (anymore! ;))

X remaining. I'll do that tomorrow morning. :)

I just noticed that Map T-O is labeled as just O.

Mitch

Another excellent job Mord! Maybe you should take a break from your "work" and take it easy for a little while. You put more effort and dedication into these maps than some people do for their jobs.

I love your idea King_Salamon, I just don't know about costs on something like that.

I think it would be pretty expensive and shipping a book like that would be pricey as well.. maybe something as a sampler would be the way to go... I mentioned a simple fanzine (either online or printed) to see the time it would take to do and of course to see the interest out there for it as well.

I have another crazy idea which I will keep quiet about at the moment but I may take a shot at it in the future.

Anyway, the main goal would be to create something similar to that old Nintendo Magazine/Book that came out in the late 80's which had complete maps for Metroid, Mario 1 & 2 and more I'm sure but for the 7800. There are enough games in the 7800 library to fill such a book IMHO.

I think it would be pretty expensive and shipping a book like that would be pricey as well.. maybe something as a sampler would be the way to go... I mentioned a simple fanzine (either online or printed) to see the time it would take to do and of course to see the interest out there for it as well.

I have another crazy idea which I will keep quiet about at the moment but I may take a shot at it in the future.

Anyway, the main goal would be to create something similar to that old Nintendo Magazine/Book that came out in the late 80's which had complete maps for Metroid, Mario 1 & 2 and more I'm sure but for the 7800. There are enough games in the 7800 library to fill such a book IMHO.

This would be something that I'd want. My guess if it was a one-shot full color item, I'd probably be willing to spend up to $20.00 for it, if it was professionally done. The content is here right now-- there are maps for Dark Chambers, Ikari Warriors, Scrapyard Dog, and Water Ski which would be good to see at a minimum. Add that to some reviews, and I think that we'd have a neat product for collectors. It could probably even start out as a web-based exercise, and just be laid-out to a printable format to see what could happen. I'm no expert, but that's probably how I'd start.

That's something I'd be really proud to own. :)

-John

So, Mitch--- do you have a website available? :)

-John

You mean this? ;)

I still need to add the newer maps though. Maybe I'll have time to do that later today.

Mitch

I just finished updating it.

By my count there are now eleven 7800 games that have been mapped out. Though some of the maps are fairly basic.

There was also one of Super Skateboardin' that seems to have disappeared from the web and a Karateka map at digitpress but I'm not sure if it's complete or not.

Looking over games that could probably use a map I see the following:

Alien Brigade

Double Dragon

Jinks

Kung Fu Master

Midnight Mutants

Missing in Action

And these that may or may not be mappable:

Ace of Aces

Choplifter

Desert Falcon

Plutos