IGNORED

Houston Arcade Expo - November 6th & 7th, 2009

ckrtech

Here's a large gallery of pictures:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/tpf/expo_2009/index.html

I'm sure more will surface as well once people have time to upload them.

..Al

I like this pic: http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/tpf/expo_2009/img_8890.html

Not only a nice row of games, but the perspective makes it look like the cabinets are huge reminding me of what it was like when I was a kid.

Had a lot of fun hanging out with Al last night. I'll be back this afternoon after my friend's engagement party, then take a break for an hour or so around 5 to take care of my folks' dogs, then be back for the evening.

Was good to see you yesterday! I imagine today's going to be more crowded than yesterday come this afternoon and evening. :) I might slip out for a few hours today to hit Memorial Park on my mountain bike. Was going to do that tomorrow, but the weather is looking a little sketchy, plus I will need a break from 14 hours of loud arcade games. :D

..Al

HEY!!!!

i missed ya all weekend.

:(

was hoping to catch ya one of the days.

we even raised all sorts of hell late on Saturday!

it was a long Warlords battle and it got CRAZY!!!!!

i even threw money down on the machine but nobody wanted to ante up!

HAH!!

i was also hoping you would have brought more carts to sell.

i played all the new stuff and want to buy a few of them soon!

Here is a link to my gallery - http://picasaweb.google.com/ckrtech/HoustonArcadeExpo2009#

I can't wait until next year's expo!

Nice gallery.

Holy cow - this looks like an event that's worth a "wanna get away" trip. What were the hours of this extravaganza? Did I see that some folks were there at 2AM?

The best way I can describe the hours is to say "the way they should be."

If you booked at the Hotel and told them "Arcade Expo," they priced the rooms at $80 (normally $149). The hours of the Expo were Friday night from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. and then Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.

You could go for hours, leave, eat, go run errands, hang out with friends, eat again, come back and still have hours upon hours of gaming. Very convenient. It was great.

The best way I can describe the hours is to say "the way they should be."

If you booked at the Hotel and told them "Arcade Expo," they priced the rooms at $80 (normally $149). The hours of the Expo were Friday night from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. and then Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.

You could go for hours, leave, eat, go run errands, hang out with friends, eat again, come back and still have hours upon hours of gaming. Very convenient. It was great.

24 hours would be very cool. Can you imagine just going on a marathon run and playing the cabs at 4:30 AM? Kind of lame to do by yourself but...

What they could do is leave the trading pit hours the same but make the free play area 24 hours.

Just a pipe dream I guess...