IGNORED

buying new system - xbox or ps2?

angusjake

One could only wish for Retrosystem to mass-produce their portable-PCs-disguised-as-game-systems, even if they came up with their own plastic cases (like that mimicking the NES with its loading bay door front), in order to give people an alternative to buying a PS2 or X-Box...or a full-fledged PC, for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...
the ps2 has the better line-up, but the hardware is garbage compared to GC or Xbox. right now the xbox bundle pack is quite tempting, and the ps2 has nothing like it. however, 2nd party sony titles on ps2 are all $40...

SHUT THE FUCK UP MIKAU. do u even know what your talking about. i try to get your point of view but i couldn't get my head that far up my ass. hardware is very little when it comes to games. and if it is important to you then here are the facts. 1. PS2 controller has the simplest controller and best feel. 2. gamecube has a bunch of random crap with flashy colors and jelly beans on it. 3. and system wise the game cube might be smaller and easier to fit but the PS2 doesn't have an ass ugly handle coming out from its behind and the PS2 looks cooler than it. simple as that. :x

SHUT THE FUCK UP MIKAU. do u even know what your talking about. i try to get your point of view but i couldn't get my head that far up my ass. hardware is very little when it comes to games. and if it is important to you then here are the facts. 1. PS2 controller has the simplest controller and best feel. 2. gamecube has a bunch of random crap with flashy colors and jelly beans on it. 3. and system wise the game cube might be smaller and easier to fit but the PS2 doesn't have an ass ugly handle coming out from its behind and the PS2 looks cooler than it. simple as that. :x

One more post like this and you're out of here. If you can't debate in a civil manner then go find someplace else to talk about videogames.

..Al

wow you are a complete idoit!

ShinRyu05 wrote:

SHUT THE FUCK UP MIKAU. do u even know what your talking about. i try to get your point of view but i couldn't get my head that far up my ass. hardware is very little when it comes to games. and if it is important to you then here are the facts. 1. PS2 controller has the simplest controller and best feel. 2. gamecube has a bunch of random crap with flashy colors and jelly beans on it. 3. and system wise the game cube might be smaller and easier to fit but the PS2 doesn't have an ass ugly handle coming out from its behind and the PS2 looks cooler than it. simple as that.  

hardware and games are all that matters. the XBOX has all the hardware it needs to be #1 also it is very easy to program. the GC also has very awsome hardware specs, bot systems can produce impecable graphics. the PS2 on the other hand is very limited hardware wise, and as for games, it will soon seace to capture the imatinations of people becaus of it's VERY limited graphics. you might say well it has awsome graphics now, but you also said that about the colecovision when it first came out. the PS2 is already dieing and alot of people dont know it. developers have stoped producing new hardware for it, games are becoming far more advanced on the other two systems, sony will have to make the PS3 in another year or two just to keep themselfs above water. the PS2's controllers are awsome yes, but only thier layout. their analog contrlers are so prone to failure and are the most in-acurret out there. the PSX controlers are okay, but I wouldent say that they are the best. look at the saturn's 3D controllers, the ones that were used as a blueprint for the Dreamcast. Yes hardware is not everything, BUT when hardware no longer can keep up with todays standards then it is obsolete. plain and simple. the slowest of the two the GC is at least TWICE as fast as the PS2, the GC can produce more polygons, better sound. I'm not saying the PS2 sucks it dosen't on the otherhand it is no longer king. the XBOX will soon be crowned. also dont reply saying that PS2 sales are still better than that of the XBOXs, everyone knows that the PS2 is so problematic that owners who have sizable collections replace their PS2 regularly, thats what sony had planned all along. and as for looks! WHO CARES!!!!!!! I think the PS2 looks so VERY cheap!!!!! yeah it looks like crap! I also think the XBOX looks like crap, and as for that matter same with the GC!!!! sorry they are all ugly, obviosly they didn't talk to me before they designed the casing on the systems, because none of them apeal to me. if they could just make one that looks like a small DVD player, very simple, but they dont, they always go with outlandish designs. who cares! yeah none of them look profesional. also all of them should have wireless controlers built in, becaus I hate Wires! they always clutter up my A/V cab. anyways dude it's aparrent that you are a PS2 fanboy. so shhh! no one really cares about you over enthusiastic remarks, if you have somthing bennificial and good to contribute, then thats GREAT. but fowl language is childish at the very least!

I just picked up a Xbox and I love it. I couldn't decide between the PS2 & the Xbox for a while, but I'm happy with my choice. I really like the S Controller, it fits perfectly in my hand and is very easy to use.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but Costco has the Xbox bundle with an additional S controller and the DVD remote for $239.

later,

jd

VidGameKing wrote:

"the PS2 is already dieing and alot of people dont know it. developers have stoped producing new hardware for it, games are becoming far more advanced on the other two systems, sony will have to make the PS3 in another year or two just to keep themselfs above water"

While I am not a big fan of PS2, I dont think the PS2 is dieing . The system is still selling more games then the other next gen systems. A good example would be the original PlayStation. It was very hardware limited but the damn thing lasted longer than the N64 and Dreamcast. So many consumers are supporting the PS2 because of the success of the PlayStation. Sony played their cards right and released the PlayStation using CD media and the system had very fair price. If the 3DO was only $299.99 at launch then we would probably be playing our M2's today. If the N64 used CD media then we could be playing new games for the system today. But I think Sony is starting to lose it. They release the PS2 with only two controller ports and pretty limited hardware that is difficult to program for efficiently. Kind of like what Nintendo did with the N64. So, the PS2 is going to be around for a long time but I dont think PS3 will be nearly as big of a hit PS2 was.

One more post like this and you're out of here. If you can't debate in a civil manner then go find someplace else to talk about videogames.

You gotta admit tho, for an AOL user that cant even type out YOU, therefore showing that he is proally 15 or so, this is not that bad of a rebuttle. Most the time you would see more fecal terminology!

guys, be honest. I notice Ryu is from Mish., the area where the last outbreak of spammerkiddies came from. Now, its not my job to point fingers or play mr sherlock holmes. I am just wondering if you have been at this site before under a different name. I am sorry if this sounds inflamatory in any way, but you seem to only post in Modern Gaming and Off Topic, a pattern that, in no way violates a thing, but a pattern that also leads me to suspect things.

Again, I am sorry for this post if it is in any way out of line, I just thought I should try to connect the dots I have been seeing.

As for what system, go with the system that has your style of games on it, not the clockspeed of the system or the age of the system or the media the system uses.

I just played the Xbox for the first time this evening. I am NO expert on modern gaming, but even I really noticed how much faster things loaded on the Xbox than the PS2 (we mainly played Madden 2003 football). Just my 2 cents!

P.S. -- Yikes -- I didn't read thru this post before I posted. I think I will head back to classic gaming!

Well here is the way I see things.

The ps2 is the best system overall.great games and is a great system.The ps2 online plans are ok,but still better than nothing,or the GC online plans.I also like the ps2 controller the best.It just feels so good.And I like the Xbox controller s alot too,also feels good.Now onto the GC controller,I just don't like it.The buttons are all messed up,one big,a few out of reach like the z button and the c stick sucks and so does the d pad.I use to think that the GC would be my second pick,but after playing a bunch of new Xbox games,I would place the Xboxin second.A bunch of great new games and the best online plans.And now in last place,or third is the ol' GC.Not too many really good games,accept for Metroid soon,and most,if not all of the better games are from Nintendo.Nobody else really seems to care about the GC.And there online plan,if they even have one,sucks.No BBA's?What the hell are they thinking?See if it sells?Well it seems to be selling well,how about making more so the people can get online inthe first place!

Sorry for going on for so long,that is what I have to say,take it or leave it,it is what I think about the matter. :D :roll: :)

One major vote for TAKE IT.  

Don't let these snots get to you, SD. They have to justify what they've spent their money on.

what are you talking about? we just dont agree with what he said... that doesnt mean it was unjustified... look at all the other posts, and no I dont have to justify what a spent my money on... I got all three because they are all really good in my opinion  :x  :ponder:

One major vote for TAKE IT.

Don't let these snots get to you, SD. They have to justify what they've spent their money on.

CF

I have owned all three of the next gen systems. And the only one I have left now is GC but I do want to get another XBOX. Once again I say, there is nothing special about the PS2. Its a good system but I can play 95% of its games somewhere else.