IGNORED

$100 FREE stuff..

yuppicide

Some of you might need this.. it's mostly electronics parts and what not.

After 7 years, Sparkfun is giving back to the community.

Nobody gives away a free physical thing. There's always a catch. So up front: you have to pay shipping. Other than that, it's open season.

• $100 max per household
  • You pay shipping
  • Limit of $100,000 in giveaways for the day
  • Starts 9AM MST January 7th, 2010
  • Ends 11PM MST January 7th, 2010 (or when we hit $100k, whichever comes first)
  • Rainchecks for popular items will be allowed

I am going to try and pick up an Arduino Starter Kit: http://www.sparkfun....roducts_id=9284 and build some stuff.

Maybe someone has some other things I can build with it and buy parts from Sparkfun.

Here's the website and post:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=305

Edited by yuppicide

Ooooh! :lust:

More details...

More nitty gritty details:

There is no special code to type in. But you get only one order on Free Day, so spend it well!

Only one $100 credit per household. We ask that you respect this limit and don't try to abuse this gift.

There is no minimum or maximum order. You can spend more than $100, the balance of which will be charged to your method of payment.

Only Credit Card and Paypal orders will be eligible for the $100 credit. We don't want to have people tying up inventory with POs, wire transfers, checks in the mail, or lost faxes.

You will see whether or not your order qualifies for a credit in the checkout process.

Free Day does not apply to our distributors. Sorry!

Gift Cards cannot be bought on Free Day.

Any returns from Free Day will be exchanged for the same item.

Every order isn't going to ship on Free Day, or for a few days after. We've got extra tape guns on hand, but please be patient and give us some time to catch up!

We are ratcheting up inventory for Free Day, but backorders (a.k.a. rainchecks) are allowed on most items (some items we simply can't get anymore). We'll get you your goodies just as soon as we can get them back in stock.

A) please, let's all try to remind each other on Friday Sunday the 6th, and B) I wonder if you put stuff in your cart, will it expire or not be discounted when you go to check out at 9am the 7th?

AX

I wondered the same thing. Being expedient at 9am will be the trick, since only 1000 people will get their wish.

I was thinking about getting a PIC programmer and some PICs, but not I may get the Uzebox. Thanks for pointing it out!

I just realized this is on a Monday at 9am and at that time, I won't be anywhere near the internet. Oh well!

January 7th, 2010 is a Thursday...

Doh! I was thinking it was December 7th... even put it on my calendar as such. Well, it'll probably be the same difference, no access around 9am, but thanks for pointing that out!

First.. I am not sure, but let's say some people buy less than $100.. for example I buy $69 worth.. someone else can use my $31?

Second.. you remind your own self to go there. ;) I already did my job to let you in on the secret. Now it's your job to beat me to the freebies.

.. oh and if anyone is wondering, they're trust worthy. I can't say I've ever ordered anything, but I know a lot of people do order from there.

Edited by yuppicide

• 5 weeks later...