IGNORED

FailSafe (7800) - WIP

PacManPlus

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in on a pre-order. I'm beyond messing with my CC2 - I don't remember how, I've lost all but one last MMC card, and the last thing I'd want to do is butcher that and have to go on a hunt for a small MMC to rebuild everything. :)

I guess from here on out, I'm playing emulation or I'm hoping for a cart release. Countermeasure, being my all time favorite game, I just can't pass this up, though. :)

Haven't even played the ROM yet. I guess I'll have to set up a 7800 emulator, now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

...and the manual:

OK, I was getting this set up on my CC2 and realized there was no 40 column text manual.

I love the real manual (PDF), so I did some PDF to text, a lot of copy/cut/paste and then lots of formatting and made a text file for use as a FailSafe manual for the Cuttle Cart 2.

I then shot Bob a PM to make sure it was OK with him if I offered it up, and he said no problem.

So, here is is.

It's mostly identical. I removed a few commas, one word, and placed the scoring description at the end.

(I think just because I feel it should start with: "The War Continues...") ;-)

I'll be doing the others eventually...

FAILSAFE.TXT

desiv

Also, since I couldn't have icons, where they were in the manual, I replaced them with the first letter of what they represented. So F for Fast. Not great, but it kept the formatting similar to the manual and you probably don't want a paragraph from me trying to describe each icon. ;-)

Edited by desiv

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing FailSafe on tomorrow's (Fri May 14, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

THE FUTURE OF HOMEBREW ON THE ATARI VCS

ZPH INTERVIEWS ATARI & BOB DECRESCENZO!

Tomorrow (Fri) on ZeroPage Homebrew we ask YOUR questions LIVE to Atari's David Paige (Atari VCS Marketing and Development) about the future of homebrew on the Atari VCS! We'll talk about the Atari 2600 & 7800 homebrew games already on the system, their interactions with the Atari community and also what's in store for the future of Atari gaming!

We'll also be talking LIVE with award winning developer Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus about his experience getting his Atari 7800 game Fail Safe on the Atari VCS! Plus we have a written interview from Dion Olsthoorn about getting his Atari 2600 games Amoeba Jump and Tower of Rubble on the Atari VCS!

WATCH AT 1080p60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 1