IGNORED

Best Game for the DC

I know there is probably already another topic on this… but I couldn’t find it so… Well I recently purchased a DC of ebay and it came with a few games, and now I want more. You guys seem to be the best to ask since obviously there are allot of hard-core DC fans in this forum so any suggestions would be much appreciated. :wink:

Yeah Soul Calibur definately.

I'll add Shadowman. Alot of folks didn't like this game.... But I love it. It blows Shadowman2 out of the water. And this is the perfect time of year to play it.

Also try Gauntlet Legends for some mindless fun.

Unreal, Quake 3, Both Sonics are cool. Definilty Soul Calibur, as already mentioned :) , NHL 2K2 is great if you're a hockey fan, the crazy taxi series, RAyman 2 is great, xcept for level 10 which is an annoyance :) , Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2 are great on DC. Dead Or Alive 2 is great :D and i dont know how others would feel about StarLancer, but to me that game is great :) Those are all some definite must haves :D

Samba De Amigo!!!

Even if you don't much care for dancing games, you've got to try it. It was my first introduction to the genre and it is now one of my top ten games of all time.

For most played, I played NBA 2K1 to death... A full 82 game season and then all of the playoffs. I have never played any other game (with the possible exceptions of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Earthbound) nearly as much.

I would also have suggest these:

Jet Grind Radio -- innovative and hard, would've bought an XBox if Jet Grind Future was half as good of a sequel as the original

Smash Pack Vol. 1 -- for the die-hard classic gamer in everyone

Gauntlet Legends -- nothing like taking on the baddies with three good friends. Perhaps the most fun DC multiplayer game.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 -- the best in the series, I think.

Dead or Alive 2 -- beleive it or not, I like DoA2 a _lot_ more than Soul Calibur... it's all taste though.

If you're interested, the GOAT Store has some decently priced Dreamcast games and (*hint, hint* :wink: ) if you sign up on the specials list, you will be receiving an offer within the next couple weeks for Smash Pack New for really cheap 8)

Yea... there are some awesome games for the DC!

However, I tend to find myself playing Nintendo a lot on the DC :)

NesterDC is so awesome and so close to perfection!

Quite a few games I truly enjoy!

(Now if I had some spare time for that 2600 emu to get working;-)

Clint Thompson

:P

Nobody said Power Stone and Power Stone 2?

Excellent brawlers. Not for the hard core fan, more like Smash Brothers in 3D. The sequal has 4 player fighting, but the original is a bit better for just 2 players.

Going through my collection, picking out the best:

I wish Alien Front Online had a split screen mode...with that it would be superfantastic, as it is, just ok.

Rush 2049 -- best vehicle combat

Crazy Taxi -- pretty well known

Quake III -- awesome deathmatch, though fiddly game setup

Bangai-O -- great great GREAT SNES/Genesis era fun, with tons of bad guys...I wrote a FAQ at GameFAQs on this

Staying up and out til 5am playing Worms (Armageddon, though World Party makes it so you don't have to hand around a single controller) is why I have a cellphone today.

I thought Space Channel 5 was unplayably hard, actually...I have a decent sense of rhythm, but it was way sensitive...

Some of my favorites:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

Bomberman Online

NHL 2K2

Rayman 2

Wild Metal *

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Crazy Taxi

Grandia II

* - Note that people who like Wild Metal are definitely in the minority... I think the game is brilliant, but I've yet to find someone who shares that opinion...

--Zero

Crazy Taxi is great (but, of course, available on just about every other console now)

Phantasy Star Online is, I guess, my favourite DC game, simply because it took console gaming to an entirely new plane. It's a bit dead online now, so I suppose it'd be best to wait for the GC or Xbox versions.

Shenmue is very cool, though I liked part one much more than part 2.

Try checking out some Circuit City, FYE and Media Play stores. They're blowing out their DC inventory. I picked up a bunch of NEW DC games at Circuit City and FYE over the past couple months for $9.99 each. But you better hurry as the supply is dwindling.

There's one game you won't find for $9.99 and you won't find at any of those stores, but it is absolutely worth paying $50 for and ordering online - that's Shenmue II. Fahgettabout the XBox release. I got the original Shenmue for $15 new at FYE and when I was done I just had to get the sequel. I got it from National Console Support, www.ncsx.com, and found them as reliable as any mainline store.

Enjoy your DC!