All Crazy Taxi games

Every Street Fighter and SNK fighting game on the system

Quake III

Power Stone 1 and 2

Soul Calibur

Toy Commander

Tony Hawk 2

Virtual On

Wow that was long.The good thing about the DC is that almost every game for the system is good,or at least above average,something you can't say for too many systems.You can't go wrong with any of those! :D ;) 8)

Every Street Fighter and SNK fighting game on the system

I don't know about that... I bought Last Blade 2, and although it's a well done port, there's almost no enhancement whatsoever. It still runs in the same resolution as the NeoGeo version. Normally this would be fine, but after having seen the beauty of Capcom Vs. SNK, I was kind of put off by Last Blade 2...

By the way, some games to avoid:

Blue Stinger (Resident Evil ripoff)

Virtua Fighter 3 (If it wasn't for games like Soul Calibur and Dead Or Alive, this would have been good, but as it is, it's just a disappointment)

Mortal Kombat Gold (Just awful.)

Hydro Thunder (Some people love this game... I can't stand it.)

--Zero

Dead or Alive was crap compared to Virtua Fighter 3. VF3 has such a deep engine. and Capcom vs SNK well, sucks. I'll put it to you this way: there's two ways to win that game:

team of 4 ratio 1s

Nakoruru/Guile.

Very weak fighter, nothing compared to the sequel (which in itself wasn't too hot). As far as DC fighters, go with VF, SF3: 3rd Strike, Last Blade 2, Mark of the Wolves, King of Fighters Dream Match, marvel vs Capcom 2, all work well...Alpha 3 port for that system was terrible though.

Space Channel 5 is easily one of my favs for the DC.

these are all great:

HeadHunter (euro edition-requires Utopia/CD-x import loader disk)

Vanishing point (street racing)

Test Drive Lemans (GT racing)

Airforce Delta (air combat)

AeroWings 2 (air combat)

Soldier of Fortune (FPS/military)

Hidden&Dangerous (FPS&3rd/military)

Spec Ops (FPS&3rd/military)

2k2 Football

StarWars Pod racing

StarWars JediPowerBattles

DOA2 (fighting)

Soul Caliber(fighting)

Bang! (space combat)

StarLancer (space combat)

Virtua Tennis

F1 Formula (track racing)

Vanishing point (street racing)

Although Vanishing Point is definitely a great game, it suffers the modern mentality of "lock everything"... which makes the game utter crap until you manage to unlock at least some of the actual game. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to find new stuff in a game, but when you get less than 5% of the actual game when you buy it, then I get pissed off.

I kid you not, when you buy this game, you get one track, and two cars. There's about a dozen tracks (plus mirror/reverse modes that can be unlocked), and something like 32 cars. Sounds good, right? Well, it will be in a few months once you've unlocked enough stuff to actually have fun with it. Hell, even some of the 2-player modes are locked. Yes, they even locked gameplay modes.

Call me old fashioned, but I liked things before when you bought a game, and unlocked extra features... not when you bought a couple of features, and then unlocked the game.

--Zero

Call me old fashioned, but I liked things before when you bought a game, and unlocked extra features... not when you bought a couple of features, and then unlocked the game.

took me a second to figure out if that sentence made sense...the key I guess is "*extra*" features.

I don't know this particular game much, but I share the gripe--especially with games that I've bought for stellar multiplayer, but to get the best multiplayer you have to become ungodly good or spend long hours in the one player mode. (especially since that goes even farther towards ensuring that your games won't be balanced, and the one player who unlocked stuff will be much better.)

Ooga Booga was like this. Monkey Ball is like this, but you can just do the easy levels over and over, since it's possible to get *really* stuck on even some of the 'moderate' levels. Mario Party 3 and 4 would be like this (my friends love the minigames but the board game just takes too damn long and is too much randomly determined) but they put in one cool slightly hidden feature...it supports the computer playing all 4 characters, so you can just set up a couple of 50 turn games and let it run, and come back and then pick and choose the minigames from the other modes. I like that the capability is in there, but you have to think a little (and that they made it so the computer doesn't get hung up on waiting for at least one button press...)

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent...it's 1 am and I've been writing sales tax software connector bits in perl for the last 7 hours straight...

strange, nobody mentioned 3 very good DC games...

I think that because of how many outstanding Dreamcast games there are, there are many, many more than 3 that we still haven't missed :)

I'll toss in a few more:

Arcades Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and 2 (two seperate games)

NFL 2K series

NFL Blitz 2000

Crazy Taxi II

Alien Front Online

Mars Matrix

Gigawing 2

There are literally hordes of really fun Dreamcast games!

I have just seen this thread myself...and here are my picks off the top of my head...

Grandia II - is my current favorite right now...Great RPG goodness and Gorgeous graphics to boot!

Phantasy Star Online - I actually still play this game almost everynight with some regulars. The servers are still up...and it is still free...so why not!

Both Sonic games are really a lot of fun. I give the graphical edge to Sonic 2...but I like the level layouts better on Sonic Adventure 1.

Space Channel 5 part 2 simply rocks!!! I had never cared for dance type follow the pattern games like this...but the visuals and soundtrack are simply outstanding! I just wish I could figure out how to get a soundtrack mode to just listen to the music. But I am still trying to decipher the Japanese text.

Ikaruga - This is the unofficial sequal to one of the greasted shooters of all time...that shooter is none other than Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn. Ikaruga has the same graphical quality that only Treasure is known for and is a major shooter fan twitch fest.

Rush2049 - Does not only justice to the arcade version...but is better than with the added stuff...It isn't the prettiest racer...but it is fast and simple control make for a great session of running through a track fast.

Revolt - This is by far my favorite racer. The graphics are really good and the physics is dead on. This game if you don't know..is an RC car racer with weapons tossed in and huge air jumps to boot! This is one of the few PC games to be ported to the DC that not only wasn't butchered...but was added to! The DC version has twice the number of cars and one added track. But the car varities alone make this the better version.

Well...those are just a few I thought of off the top of my head.

I have Starlancer and while I think it is fun on the DC I still prefer the PC version more for the added animated briefings and more communication options during the missions to the wingmen. Still graphically the DC version is very close to the PC version and the missions so far of what I have played appeared to be identical.

I still need to check out Bang! Gunship elite for the DC.

Rush2049 - Does not only justice to the arcade version...but is better than with the added stuff...It isn't the prettiest racer...but it is fast and simple control make for a great session of running through a track fast.  

I have Starlancer and while I think it is fun on the DC I still prefer the PC version more for the added animated briefings and more communication options during the missions to the wingmen.  Still graphically the DC version is very close to the PC version and the missions so far of what I have played appeared to be identical.

I still need to check out Bang! Gunship elite for the DC.

Rush2049 has a great battle mode. That's a lot of fun, more action-packed than the whole Vigilante 8 crowd, though some weapons seem a little unbalanced.

I think I got stuck bad in both Starlancer and BANG!. The latter has a very interesting look, kind of like giant Tonka toys in space, and the former of course tickled by Wing Commander Jones.

I luuuurv Virtual on, It was excellent on the saturn and &%%&ing brilliant on the DC.

THPS2, the best release of this game IMO

Soul calibur, um need i say anything?

DOA2, Looks/Plays better then the PS2 attempt

Res Evil code veronica, Best console port of any res evil

Spiderman, I just like this one

Crazy taxi 1 & 2, quick fun

Sonic adventure 1/2, Excellent fast vomitatious fun

MAn, i even like the rollercoster game

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I was in love with the shooters for DC, House of the dead II, Conspiracy Mission, Death Crimson OX and all the others. The fighters were great on that system too, but they all have been mentioned. And the ever so stupid yet fun, who want's to beat up a millionaire.

Yea,the shooters are good,too bad Sega didn't put out a offical gun in the US of A.

Also a good game I just got today is The Typing of the Dead.It is House of the Dead II,only instead of shooting the dead guys,you have type what comes on the screen to kill them.It was only $8 and the keyboard was only $5 at GameStop.Maybe they are good for something. :ponder: :D :)