IGNORED

Mean Santa

timdu

I received my copy #57 just in time for christmas and am really happy to have one of the ten limited PAL copies.

I played it some times and my leveltimes were:

Easy 1:07

Cool 2:14

Med. 3:27

Snow 5:20

Hard 7:44 (A) and 7:38 (B)

How to reach the sixth gamemode? EASY unlocks COOL, MEDIUM unlocks SNOW, but HARD didn't unlock anything (in both, novice and expert settings). Please let me know what to do to access the sixth gamemode... thanks!

Have a good start into 2010!

Simon

Hint 1 :

It's about time.

Hint 2:

Easy unlocked one mode, Medium unlocked another. That leaves... one mode left to conquer. It is independent of the other 2

Hint 3:

It will take a little bit of practice on Hard mode to get it just right and unlock the final mode. You don't have to be perfect, but you have to be pretty good.

If you need more info, let me know. :)

-John

• Like 1

Hint 3:

It will take a little bit of practice on Hard mode to get it just right and unlock the final mode. You don't have to be perfect, but you have to be pretty good.

Please tell me the exact goal to strive for to reach the sixth game mode.

I already thought that I have been pretty fast in HARD mode. Is it less than 7:30 or even less than 7 minutes?

Thanks in advance. You can also PM me the exact way...

#86 finally arrived here, time to try it out :)

Didn't you order a PAL copy? I think that #51 to #60 were PAL. Only 10 copies... whoa! ;)

All the best for 2010!

Simon

John (Propane13) discovered that someone sold one of the limited 100 Mean Santa cartridges on ebay in France!

The first "individual post-production" sale was profitable for this ebay seller. It sold for 44 EURO.

That converts to $63.33 in US funds! (according to xe.com)

Check it out....

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Mean-Santa-Atari-2600-%28complet%29_W0QQitemZ270510416164QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100105?IMSfp=TL100105228001r24282

If you don't speak / understand French, here is the listing description translated (according to babelfish.com):

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.fr%2FMean-Santa-Atari-2600-%2528complet%2529_W0QQitemZ270510416164QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100105%3FIMSfp%3DTL100105228001r24282&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

-Tim

Figured this would happen since some of the limited 100 got multiple copies

I wouldnt have sold wouldve kept and played I probably and others got bumped out cuz of the ones who got 2 or 3 copies only matter of time til they start popping on fleabay

Figured this would happen since some of the limited 100 got multiple copies

I wouldnt have sold

I personally think when something has a limited run like this, it should be limited to one per person, or at least no more then two per person, but then again, some people collect for the purpose of reselling down the road. For me, I like to collect my games to keep them and of course play the hell out of them *grin* Mean Santa is a pretty fun game :)

Please remember the fact this was our first time releasing an Atari 2600 cartridge. As hobbyists, the main idea was to release the game at the same time as the 100th print issue of the 2600 Connection newsletter in July 2009. We ran into some unexpected delays, but it did get released in October 2009. Since we never did this before, we really didn't know what to expect. To tell you the truth, we never thought about setting a limit to 1 game per person. What would have stopped a potential buyer from ordering a game in their name and address, one in their brother's name and address, one in their father's name and address, etc? I guess my point is, there are some things that are out of the seller's control. And, I think, in the future, it is likely that we will see some of the other 100 limited release games for sale on ebay, craigslist, chasethechuckwagon.com or the like.

-Tim D.

Please remember the fact this was our first time releasing an Atari 2600 cartridge. As hobbyists, the main idea was to release the game at the same time as the 100th print issue of the 2600 Connection newsletter in July 2009. We ran into some unexpected delays, but it did get released in October 2009.

I think you guys did a great job. The game, packaging, shipping time, etc were all top notch in my opinion.

Since we never did this before, we really didn't know what to expect. To tell you the truth, we never thought about setting a limit to 1 game per person. What would have stopped a potential buyer from ordering a game in their name and address, one in their brother's name and address, one in their father's name and address, etc? I guess my point is, there are some things that are out of the seller's control.

Again I think you guys did a great job and I hope to see more homebrew projects from your team. As for stopping people from buying multiple copies when a limit is in place, for the most AtariAge members are all pretty respectful and honest, so if there is a ordering limit per person, most people won't try and get around it.

There is also the fact that maybe the person who sold the one on eBay didn't get multiple copies and they just decided to sell the limited edition boxed one since you will be selling an unlimited slightly different label version.

And, I think, in the future, it is likely that we will see some of the other 100 limited release games for sale on ebay, craigslist, chasethechuckwagon.com or the like.

That might be true, but I'm keeping mine :)

Today, I received an email from a fellow collector who missed out on buying Mean Santa.

He is wondering if any of the 100 owners are willing to sell theirs. He is willing to pay double the price it sold for.

I told him I would post a note for him. So here it is:

WANTED: MEAN SANTA. LIMITED EDITION. 1ST 100 ISSUED. MUST BE AS NEW CONDITION -

BUYER WILLING TO PAY $50 US + postage (EITHER PAL OR NTSC)

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Tim

Just wanted to let the folks who are on our pre-order list from the end of December know...

The first batch of "unlimited edition" Mean Santa game cartridges are now available and ready to be shipped via US Mail.

Mean Santa "unlimited edition" is a loose, unnumbered game cartridge with a slightly different game label and a basic manual shipped in a basic economy bubble mailer.

You should have heard from me by now.

If you missed out this time, not a problem. I am taking names for our next pre-order list.

thanks

Tim

Edited by timdu

• 1 month later...

Just an update that I do have Mean Santa "unlimited edition" cartridges for sale. Price is $15 plus shipping.

Hey, check out this youtube review of Mean Santa - the limited release.

It does contain some mature language, so make sure the kiddies are not nearby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06NXd_DfUXc

-Tim

Just an update that I do have Mean Santa "unlimited edition" cartridges for sale. Price is $15 plus shipping.

Hey, check out this youtube review of Mean Santa - the limited release.

It does contain some mature language, so make sure the kiddies are not nearby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06NXd_DfUXc

-Tim

Hi. I'd like to purchase a copy of Mean Santa. Will you take a check or money order? How much for the game including shipping? My zip code is 77345.

Thanks in advance,

Steven RamirezEmail me

PM sent.

FYI - I am selling the game for $15 plus $3.50 for shipping to U.S. residents. If you live outside the USA, the price is $15 plus $5.00 for shipping.

Tim Duarte

2600 Connection

PO Box N632

Westport, MA 02790

USA

Edited by timdu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...