IGNORED

Should we not convert this?

Heaven/TQA

just have seen the video for the first time... could be piece of cake?

Don't just look at video :) Play the game its even better :)

One of the games that should be made for A8... could really show what it is capable of.

Wouldn't be piece of cake ... Geoff Crammond is a legend ...

i played this on the amiga, it was alright but a game for the C64 called 'Street Rod' i really liked, actually bought a C64 to play it when the c64 i was borrowing had to be returned. only piece of c64 software i ever bought, and still own actually...

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D2501

sloopy.

Sloopy, not sure if you know but Street Rod was also an Amiga title. And it was even better than the 64 one. :)

I too played it to death on the Amiga. One of the few Amiga games I played a lot of.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPJU8ERC-I&rel=0&fmt=18&showinfo=0

Never played that or the one in the original post. I must have been visiting another planet for a while.

One of the games that should be made for A8... could really show what it is capable of.

well... even Geoff is a genius but most of the game looks like to be maths and fast draw routines... and even without looking into the code I suspect that by organising the draw playflied in c64 matter we might could reuse the draw engine... and the car seems to be overlay by sprites or even a gfx layer copied over each frame...

would be tough if he used every bit of the 64kb...

Sloopy, not sure if u know but Street Rod was also an amiga title. and it was even better than the 64 one :)

i too played it to death on the amiga. one of the few amiga games i played alot of.

street rod amiga

and did u know it had a sequel?

street rod 2 amiga

Steve

yeah i knew it was on the amiga, but didnt get an ami until '92, and by then i was head of tech dept in a local mac store that had contracts with all the local schools, and did consulting on the side, so i didnt have alot of time for games... even when i did get to play games on the A2000 i had, i didnt get to play much, usually freeware etc. did mostly C programing, and then using unix like dev env, then later linux...

sloopy.

btw. just saw your signature... are you really from serbia? my ants are from Subotica...

hahaha ANTS is cool...

Edited by Heaven/TQA

btw. just saw your signature... are you really from serbia? my grand parents are from Subotica...

well... even Geoff is a genius but most of the game looks like to be maths and fast draw routines... and even without looking into the code I suspect that by organising the draw playflied in c64 matter we might could reuse the draw engine... and the car seems to be overlay by sprites or even a gfx layer copied over each frame...

would be tough if he used every bit of the 64kb...

Here is some info about it:

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/the-making-of-stunt-car-racer

When I got back into Atari I looked at two of Geoff's games: Stunt car racer and Sentinel.

Those were the ones I thought would be doable on A8 and with better speed than C64 could achieve.

I just loaded it in Vice and found out it uses simple bitmap multicolor screen with double buffering.

Line drawing routines in that mode are sloooowwwww....

On A8 it could be done in linear mode and speed could be improved alot.

I dont know if trying to convert it from C64 or spectrum would be the right way.... Yes you get graphics from those but its a vector based game anyway...

New version wrote from scratch should be good enough, and "feel" could be tweaked until its good enough...

And while doing 3d on A8 already, one could make sentinel too :)

btw. just saw your signature... are you really from serbia? my ants are from Subotica...

hahaha ANTS is cool...

btw. just saw your signature... are you really from serbia? my grand parents are from Subotica...

So your Ants are from Subotica :) :thumbsup:

Yes I am, really :)

I finished college in Subotica, and still go there often for business and pleasure :)

I'll send you pm, this is about Stunt car racer after all :)