IGNORED

Finally got me a 5200!

jeremysart

I have been hunting for a 5200 for a while now, trying to find one under $100 with some games. I finally found one for $40 + $15 s/h came with 21 games! Just got it the day before yesterday.

Though the one controller can be quirky, and the other does not work, I am not at all disappointed. I really enjoy the Mario Bros and Space Invaders port on this system. All of the games are pretty damn fun!

Super Breakout, Qix, Pole Position, Popeye, Q*Bert, Frogger, Mario Bros, Missile Command, Congo Bongo, Kangaroo! I was up all night.

Even though I already have these games for the 2600 and most of my other classic consoles, its a great and worthy addition to the collection, and I am glad I finally have one.

The only other system on my list now is the Atari Jaguar and the 800, and im done collecting systems!!

I can dig it! Got my 5200 about six months ago. I've had tons of fun with it, even had fun taking apart a couple of the controllers and getting them to work. I've been doing some research around here and some other places and plan to soon fabricate an analog controller alternative or two as well.

To me the very pinnacle of the 5200 experience is the trakball. Works as a controller alternative for left/right games like Galaxian and Space Invaders(among others), but essentially it all comes down to Centipede and Missile Command. Centipede alone is worth the trouble of scoring a trakball, I promise you. In fairness, my garage sale 5200 came with one so it was no extra trouble for me, but that was the only reason I took the plunge and bought the thing.

Anyway, have fun and game on!

Glad to hear you're having fun with it!

You'll have even more fun if you get a new 5200 Gold joystick from BEST Electronics, though. ;) And then there's the trak-ball. Just last night I was playing 5200 Missile Command with that awesome 5200 trak-ball...I love it! The feel is just like the arcade. Atari built those things wonderfully.

Anyway, have fun! :)

I've always liked the 5200, and it just plain looks impressive, sitting there on the table (too big to fit on a bookshelf).

It would be great if Tail Gunner were ported to the 5200 if the graphics can be done right.
One of my favorite arcade games... the 5200 analogue joystick would be perfect for that game, one of the few applications where that controller would actually be a superior experience. (Vectrex would also work well.)