IGNORED

Calling all Gashog and Spectravision/video owners

nofrills100

Please know that by the end of 1982 the Spectravision brand on the carts changed to Spectravideo (Unlike the "Did You Know" info on this site tells you, this had nothing to do with the format).

Also the reason why there are Spectravideo labels on cartridges that still have Spectravision molded in their plastics.

Must have been their left over Spectravision plastics stock.

Some minor box and label design details (like the stripes on the China Syndrome box) were changed during the brand switch.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Please know that by the end of 1982 the Spectravision brand on the carts changed to Spectravideo (Unlike the "Did You Know" info on this site tells you, this had nothing to do with the format).

Also the reason why there are Spectravideo labels on cartridges that still have Spectravision molded in their plastics.

Some minor box and label design details (like the stripes on the China Syndrome box) were changed during the brand switch.

8)

Has anyone seen a CTCW that has a Spectravideo casing? My copy and all scans that I've seen have the casing as Spectravision, while the print on the label says Spectravideo. All of my others match.

Also, my NTSC Bumper Bash has no C - none of mine have a C (Bumper Bash, CTCW, Gangster Alley, Planet Patrol, Tapeworm).

• Like 1

Has anyone seen a CTCW that has a Spectravideo casing? My copy and all scans that I've seen have the casing as Spectravision, while the print on the label says Spectravideo. All of my others match.

Also, my NTSC Bumper Bash has no C - none of mine have a C (Bumper Bash, CTCW, Gangster Alley, Planet Patrol, Tapeworm).

I will check them out

• 2 weeks later...

8)

No... I have 3 chase the chucks - and they are all Spectravision casing. I'm sure oneday some tricky bugger will switch the labels and come up with a spectravideo casing.

• 1 year later...

I know its been longer than a year on this thread but my guess is that the c = children

My cart does not have a c in the number but On the back of my planet patrol box which also has the odd spectravision endlabel on the cart the box reads

" Additional versions for young children " So thats my label variant guess....

Edited by nopaybob

Yes it's been a while.

I've now also got a bumper bash SA218C

I wonder how the games are more suitable for children - if indeed that is what the C differentiates them as...

Will do some more research into the game play... Perhaps they are an easier skill level, or higher scoring?

Yes it's been a while.

I've now also got a bumper bash SA218C

I wonder how the games are more suitable for children - if indeed that is what the C differentiates them as...

Will do some more research into the game play... Perhaps they are an easier skill level, or higher scoring?

Nofrills, could you post a scan of your SA218C cart?

Would be a nice addition.

8)

I think nopaybob might be on to something there ROM ie. C = Children

It does state 'additional versions for young children' on the back of the boxes.

You're talking about that Smilie logo, right?

Well, that would be news indeed.

Could this mean that different ROMs exist of the same game?

The only way to find this out is to make a ROM dump of a C cart.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

It does state 'additional versions for young children' on the back of the boxes.

8)

yes the smiley logo...

The only problem is that I only have 'C' versions of Bumper Bash and Gas Hog to test, and not the normal versions to compare.

I will ask Dino if he would kindly make a dump of them.

Edited by nofrills100

8)

yes the smiley logo...

The only problem is that I only have 'C' versions of Bumper Bash and Gas Hog to test, and not the normal versions to compare.

I will ask Dino if he would kindly make a dump of them.

Would be great.

Thanks.

8)

I ordered the same Bumper Bash the other day in PAL format from Australia. Here is the item description:

Bumper Bash for the Atari 2600

Has odd serial number variation SA218C - currently not documented on any Atari database.

(what the 'C' stands for - I do not know!)

Not a cart you come across often.

In perfect / mint condition.

Has been boxed all its life (The box however is not included)

Tested

Pickup from Camperdown Sydney welcome and cash preferred.

Otherwise Paypal

I ordered the same Bumper Bash the other day in PAL format from Australia. Here is the item description:

Has odd serial number variation SA218C - currently not documented on any Atari database.

Tested

Otherwise Paypal

I wonder who the seller was :D

• Like 1

Tested

Otherwise Paypal

I wonder who the seller was :D

That is effing hilarious! I thought your scan looked familiar. :lol: