IGNORED

Arkyology - New prototype discovered - Finished Game!

CRV

How about not supporting the people High Voltage uses to get pirate homebrew games made.

..Al

Agreed. People like High Voltage who buy from these people are just as much a part of the problem. If you don't have a buyer there is no by seller. Peas in a can folks, Peas in a can.

I been trying to imagine the last couple days what the box for this might have looked like in an alternate universe where this was released.

Played around with it tonight and came up with this based on swami's remembering that bullfrogs and butterflys had the noah song/art in it :)

I would love a full package repro done in this kind of style!

post-26050-0-61005500-1536365589_thumb.png

• Like 6

I been trying to imagine the last couple days what the box for this might have looked like in an alternate universe where this was released.

Played around with it tonight and came up with this based on swami's remembering that bullfrogs and butterflys had the noah song/art in it :)

I would love a full package repro done in this kind of style!

attachicon.gifARKYOLOGY BOX FRONT 750.png

Well, that's pretty impressive. Well done. I would make the "arkyology" shaped like an ark, though. The way "noah" is shaped like an ark on the lyric page.

post-54985-0-29654500-1536367266_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yep, I thought about that too.

In a way I kinda like the asymmetry....and the composition it creates. But I agree it might look good that way too.

Just playing around though.....just got inspired by this great found game treasure and all the great memories of these old records :)

In a way I kinda like the asymmetry....and the composition it creates. But I agree it might look good that way too.

Just playing around though.....just got inspired by this great found game treasure and all the great memories of these old records :)

I was imagining this sort of thing, too. The image came out really well. I was also imagining a shot head-on along a runway with Noah placed so he looked like he was jumping up for a latch with some of the animals looking out of pens ahead and behind. Beyond my artistic ability, though.

• Like 1

Is it okay if I use that picture of the cart you made when I do the episode on my channel? That is until the game gets an official release on cart (hoping!!)

It's ok, but for me it was just a bit of fun making my own. It's like back in the days when I got a 2600 game without box, I made my own. It's all part of the (my) fun of video gaming

Edited by high voltage

One of the 'tricks' I had to implement on this game is the 'tubes' at the top of the ladders. I'm using the same 'Player' object for both the left set of 2 and the right set of 2.. just redeploying that object twice on the same scan line. I wonder if that's causing the problem on the 'Portable' ?

The tubes show an extra one in the center of the screen on each floor - the portable cannot deal with multi-resp0 within a scanline...the issue that keeps Galaxian from being playable.

There is an additional problem with the display of the ladders themselves. The outer two are alright, but the inner two are not drawn correctly - they visually appear to the far left and right of the screen borders.

These are only display issues, and do not affect gameplay whatsoever. The inner ladders are still climbable even though they are "not there". Surprisingly, the doors and animals appear in the proper locations...so no hacking is really necessary to play the game properly.

Sweet. The first authentic & proper layout Ive seen for this game. So now I have a label to print for my personal cart...

...ah hem...

...which btw, uses a Sparrow Music Machine donor cart...

...what can I say...go big or go home...

Here is another. This one pretends Atari bought the publishing rights late in the 2600 life cycle so they had another game to pump out.

post-7107-0-58689000-1536399176_thumb.png

• Like 1

It's ok, but for me it was just a bit of fun making my own. It's like back in the days when I got a 2600 game without box, I made my own. It's all part of the (my) fun of video gaming

What chip programmer do you use? What pcb and bankswitching scheme did you use inside that cart? Got pictures of your programmer and soldering station set up you used to make this cartridge?

So, do you have the bullfrogs and butterflies coloring book? I don't know if there are any noah illustrations in there or not. I bought that along with the vinyl album, so might get another Pendergrass noah image from that...or not.

• Like 1

So, do you have the bullfrogs and butterflies coloring book? I don't know if there are any noah illustrations in there or not. I bought that along with the vinyl album, so might get another Pendergrass noah image from that...or not.

No I don't think that sounds familiar. Did that come with the album? I think mine just has a black and white sheet with it with words and drawings. I think it may be the dust jacket too....it's not right in front if me right niw.

Do you have a pic or a link to the coloring book?

Thanks again!