IGNORED

WTB: SCRAM for A8

Cebus Capucinis

• 9 months later...

I did find the software saved as "*.cas" files, both in 16k and (32k)? I have not had a chance to play around with this yet, but I need to find a way to...

1) Find a player for these ".cas" files.

2) Find a way to save them on a tape to load on the Atari.

If you have any idea about the ".cas" file format, or ideas about the transfer to cassett, please let me know.

Takeo

Can you post the .CAS file?

I haven't used my SIO2PC setup in some time, but I know it can simulate a cassette and I think it is with .CAS files. I did it with States and Capitals - but we're talking like 1.5 or 2 years ago, since I use SD card devices since.

Is SCRAM in BASIC? If so, maybe it can just be saved to disk? They may have made the program "unlistable" as I remember some commerical BASIC games were. If it's not BASIC, then I'm not sure what you'd do. But I'll bet there's someone here (AtariAge) that does. At least I think you can play it through SIO2PC - and I mean APE software.

Edit: it's everywhere!

http://www.emuparadise.org/Atari_8-bit_Family_ROMs/Scram_-bas_-osb/113778#Download

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-scram_4543.html

The Atarimania page has the full manual, and 16K and 24K tape images.

Edit again:

I wanted the manual but it was in 50 jpg files, so I grabbed them and assembled a PDF. Credit to Atarimania, not me; their watermark is on some pages. This is just a lot easier to read so I share.

Sorry can't help you Cebus, but thanks for piquing my interest in this; I had forgotten about it and always wanted to try.

Hell, the 3.5MB file must be too big for Atariage.....hmmm let me try something else....wait a tick...

I put it on Rapidshare. What a pain in the butt for nothing, but

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Edited by wood_jl

Googled it and found the following information...

"Scram is a game designed by Chris Crawford for the Atari 800 and released by the Atari Program Exchange. The player controlled the valves and switches of a nuclear reactor directly with the joystick. Occasionally, earthquakes would occur and the player must analyze the heat readings and dispatch repair crews to the affected area of the plant. Written in Atari BASIC, Scram utilized differential equations to simulate reactor behavior."

So it is written in Basic. I can PM you tonight and maybe email you the file?

Let me know,

Takeo

Can you post the .CAS file?

I haven't used my SIO2PC setup in some time, but I know it can simulate a cassette and I think it is with .CAS files. I did it with States and Capitals - but we're talking like 1.5 or 2 years ago, since I use SD card devices since.

Is SCRAM in BASIC? If so, maybe it can just be saved to disk? They may have made the program "unlistable" as I remember some commerical BASIC games were. If it's not BASIC, then I'm not sure what you'd do. But I'll bet there's someone here (AtariAge) that does. At least I think you can play it through SIO2PC - and I mean APE software.

Edit: it's everywhere!

http://www.emuparadise.org/Atari_8-bit_Family_ROMs/Scram_-bas_-osb/113778#Download

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-scram_4543.html

The Atarimania page has the full manual, and 16K and 24K tape images.

Edit again:

I wanted the manual but it was in 50 jpg files, so I grabbed them and assembled a PDF. Credit to Atarimania, not me; their watermark is on some pages. This is just a lot easier to read so I share.

Sorry can't help you Cebus, but thanks for piquing my interest in this; I had forgotten about it and always wanted to try.

Hell, the 3.5MB file must be too big for Atariage.....hmmm let me try something else....wait a tick...

I put it on Rapidshare. What a pain in the butt for nothing, but

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Any update on the sucesses with the SCRAM program? Were you able to get it to run?

Please let me know...

• 10 months later...

Any update on the sucesses with the SCRAM program? Were you able to get it to run?

Please let me know...

Sorry to revive and old thread, but I just did a quick&dirty conversion of the 24K version (the 16K version doesn't run correctly in the emulator, so I skipped it) to ATR - also sent that version to Fandal.

HTH,

Thorsten

SCRAM.zip