IGNORED

WTB: Atari/C64 "Warez" Disks downloaded from BBS's in the 80's and 90's

doctor_x

Like someone else here, I am after the boxes of disks that people collected that are now sitting around collecting dust.

I am especially looking for "warez"/pirate disks - especially those that were downloaded from Atari/Commodore BBS's back in the day.

Why? Because I am trying to put together an archive of Atari/Commodore hacking/phreaking apps - not for use, just for nostalgia - and make it available online for others who have an interest in seeing/collecting those types of apps like I do.

yep.. and i thought about you earlier as i have about 200 disks of games that i would be happy to provide you if there is anything in them you want out of an act of good will that you will pass any warez app/tool disks my way when you're done with them.

after all.. sloppy seconds isnt that bad. :)

What? Competition? :twisted: :twisted:

:thumbsup: I will be going through my disks and if I find anything I will send it your way!

I don't want the appz I just want the gamez!

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a BBS back in the day on my Commodore 64 with two 1541 disk drives when I was 11 or 12. I was even a hub for Fidonet if anyone remembers what that was :)

Anyway, I've got piles and piles of floppies for the C64. A lot of duplicates too. Send me a PM and in the next day or two I can compile a list of what I've got.

As an added bonus, I attached a picture of me from back in 1984 that my grandma clipped from the news paper which I scanned. At the time, the local paper thought it was pretty cool a kid my age ran a BBS and did a story on me. Before you ask, no I don't have a mullet in the picture, it's a shadow on the wall. Mullets didn't happen until much later, maybe 1988 or so :)

You might want to also check out BBS: The documentary, a 3 disc DVD set. Lots of good historical BBS information, plus I'm also in it for like 1-2 minutes.

post-24438-126344337248_thumb.jpg

Yes, great memories coming back of using the C64 with the 300 baud modem to connect to the local BBS. Could even get to some non-local ones through the U of M Ann Arbor server as a pass-thru. Anyways it took a lot of patience to download a 40KB file in 30 minutes. Still have everything, but the 1541 drive is out of alignment. One day it shall be fixed.

Edited by taxman

Yes, great memories coming back of using the C64 with the 300 baud modem to connect to the local BBS. Could even get to some non-local ones through the U of M Ann Arbor server as a pass-thru. Anyways it took a lot of patience to download a 40KB file in 30 minutes. Still have everything, but the 1541 drive is out of alignment. One day it shall be fixed.

Ah yes, 300 baud modems. I ran my C64 BBS first with a 300 baud, then upgraded to 1200 baud then finally to 2400 baud before I moved my BBS to an IBM compatible computer with two 14.4k modems :)