IGNORED

Hack idea for BurgerTime

roadrunner

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I am happy to see that there is at least one other person out there that has some interest in Burgertime. I never really understood why there is so much negativity regarding this game. Sure the graphics suck, but I always found the gameplay somewhat faithfull. I would love to see some of the talented programmers and hackers take a shot at this game.

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I am happy to see that there is at least one other person out there that has some interest in Burgertime. I never really understood why there is so much negativity regarding this game. Sure the graphics suck, but I always found the gameplay somewhat faithfull. I would love to see some of the talented programmers and hackers take a shot at this game.

Besides better graphics and animation, the game needs to be sped up too. Plays painstakingly slow as it is.

I'm on it!

Or not.... It seems I cant change the egg sprite without changing the cheese sprite....

Whelp, noobie experience is out, who else wants to step up to the plate?

Edited by brandondwright

Is it possible to make the egg look more like an egg? and can the colors of the bad guys be changed so it's easier to tell

them apart?

The colors i'd like the bad guys changed to are

Hot Dogs - Pink

Eggs - White

Cheese - Orange

Bread Sticks - Brown

Unfortunately you can't do that without a code change... Everything but the hot dog and the chef are either missile or ball sprites, so they take whatever color the hot dog, chef and playfield take. If you wanted them different colors you'd need to rewrite the kernel.

--Will

Is it possible to make the egg look more like an egg? and can the colors of the bad guys be changed so it's easier to tell

them apart?

The colors i'd like the bad guys changed to are

Hot Dogs - Pink

Eggs - White

Cheese - Orange

Bread Sticks - Brown

Unfortunately you can't do that without a code change... Everything but the hot dog and the chef are either missile or ball sprites, so they take whatever color the hot dog, chef and playfield take. If you wanted them different colors you'd need to rewrite the kernel.

--Will

Thanks for trying to make my hack idea work. :)

Can the speed of the Chef be made a little faster?

Can the speed of the Chef be made a little faster?

Probably, but you still might have to change some code, depending on how the movement logic is coded. A disassembly should tell you exactly where you'd need to make a change, but I don't think I've seen one floating around anyplace.

--Will

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

yeah, i actually tried to do this too and ended up with the same result. Not realizing that it was far more complicated than i originally had planned. I really wish someone would go though with this and put it up in the AA store in repro's. Im sure alot of us here would buy a new improved or totally redone Burgertime :P