IGNORED

intellivision's only Adult game

Rev

• 2 months later...

Yes it is a real game (sort of), but I highly doubt it will ever be in a release cart...

The game started as a joke on how the Intellivoice could not, for the life of it, say the word “cant”, with it’s best chance made it come off sounding like “cunt”, so they decided to have fun, modified an Astrosmash code, inserted the Intellivoice code/speech for the title screen, and the rest is “Space Cunt”.

It came to the light of day as the Blue Sky Rangers let it be played during a game trade show one year. :)

Edited by cparsley

There's a bit of backstory about this "game" on the TRON: Solar Sailer page (scroll to the bottom).

I think part of the problem was that they were trying to do an MCP voice that sounded like the one in the movie. At one point in the game, the MCP says "can't allow this." If you pronounce "can't" with a British accent and filter it through a primitive speech synthesizer with a limited selection of vowel sounds, it ends up sounding like, well, "cunt" (especially if it's played in isolation). If they had used an American accent, the IntelliVoice probably could have handled it just fine.

I wonder why they didn't simply change it to "cannot" to avoid the issue (the MCP actually does say "cannot allow this" at one point in the film, so it would have been authentic). Lack of space?

• 1 year later...

Isn't Cunt one of the 7 words we aren't allowed to say?

i think its ok on AA though. icon_razz.gif

Sub Cunt? time to launch that big throbbing torpedo. icon_ponder.gif

The Recognizers confuse me. Coudn't they come up with some other sort of graphic?

Did you guys know that Psycho Stormtrooper actually made overlays for that game as well? They were up on his website (while it was up) but you couldn't order them. I'm guessing he made very very few copies of them just for himself and a few friends. I, unfortunately, did not get a copy :)

Dryfter

How much *real* interest is there to see this game put on cart?

The phrase "can't" came from Tron so it makes sense that they use some reference (the recognizers) from the movie.

Dave, this is screaming "limited run"! Ummm, what would the cart graphics look like? :ponder: :D I'd so be in for this.

The phrase "can't" came from Tron so it makes sense that they use some reference (the recognizers) from the movie.

Dave, you know you have to make a run of this game if you have the abilities!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a limited run of 69?

I reserve #69 right here and now!!!!!

Dave, you know you have to make a run of this game if you have the abilities!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a limited run of 69?

I reserve #69 right here and now!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x Damn you Rev! :D