IGNORED

JayWI's Collection

JayWI

• 2 weeks later...

Nice seeing a TG-16 box again! I know I talk about the past a lot (most of us do), but the marketing of this stuff was sooooo much cooler back then. System boxes, game boxes, all the cool accessories, etc. Today's stuff is marketed as blandly as they really look - IMO. I find the systems of the past to be much more attractive than today's generic/homogenized boxes. Last system I thought looked really neat was the Dreamcast, as barebones as it is.

Awesome Super Pro System too! And oh... just caught your Colecovision box. Excellent! See, that kind of stuff just pulls you in. Love the colors, pics on the box - the whole package.

Edited by save2600

The Colecovision box has a rip, but it's all there. I shouldn't expect much since I got that box with a CV inside plus an extra CV, a bunch of controllers and 6 games for $20 at a rummage sale a few years ago. Both CVs work and all the controllers seem to work as well, but my CV library is so small that I can't really test them out effectively.

There's so many other boxes that I had until about 10 years ago and then I ditched them. Intellivision, Intellivoice, SMS, Genesis. The Genesis box was the one with the Altered Beast picture on the front. SMS I think was basically a giant ad showing that Double Dragon was free. The Intellivision I can't remember if that was the original 1980 box (the woody system) or the Super Pro box. I remember it being blue in color with screen shots of all the different games. From a quick Google, it may have been the old woody. What happened to the old woody? Well it broke so we replaced it with the Super Pro system. The original had neither controller working any more and since it was near the end of the Intellivision, buying a new system rather than paying to have the old one fixed made sense at the time.

Today an Ebay auction got delivered. I bid on 2 TG-16 games (Bonk's Adventure and Vigilante, both in the cases with instructions) and swore I wouldn't play the TG until they arrived. I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight!

No someone painted the top of the cart white. It was either done as a warning or to make it easy to find.

Hopefully to make it easier to find!! :rolling:

That's what I'm thinkin'. When you need your E.T. fix it's best not to waste precious seconds searching for the cart.

Edited by JayWI

• 3 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to mention that just to the left side of the pic of the whole collection is a big ol' console TV. It's at least 30 years old and helps capture that whole retro gaming feel. Unfortunately when I move it won't be coming with.

Why?! Well, you know of a basement where it might fit in ;)

I keep forgetting to mention that just to the left side of the pic of the whole collection is a big ol' console TV. It's at least 30 years old and helps capture that whole retro gaming feel. Unfortunately when I move it won't be coming with.

Why?! Well, you know of a basement where it might fit in ;)

When the time comes, if you come and get it you can have it. It's not too heavy, just awkward.

I've got a newer 36" that I'm currently using as our main TV. Once we move it goes into the game room and we get a new flat screen HD TV for our main.