IGNORED

Wanted: A/V Famicom or NES w A/V & Extra Sound mods

FeistyGirl

Hey everybody!

I am looking for an A/V Famicom, the Japanese version of the NES 2 with the A/V inputs and extra sound channels only available in the Japanese systems.

OR

an NES, either regular or Top Loading, with both an A/V mod, and the mod to allow the extra audio channels.

The A/V mod doesn't have to be stereo, but I definitely want the extra sound channels! (I am a Castlevania junkie!)

If anyone has a spare they are looking to get rid of, or even know of anyone who can do the mod for me, I would appreciate it! (I own both a toaster and a Top Loader)

The sound channels are only hackable into a toaster NES,

not the toploader as there isnt an expansion port.

You also need to mod the Famicom adapter.

Also the A/V Famicom is rubbish unless you only intend to use Famicom games on it;

as the NES games with adapter are to heavy and easy freeze.

The US version of Castlevania doesnt have extra sound channels,

and usually only disk system games allow for extra sound channels.

Maybe 3 cart games on famicom actually use the sound channels,

I am unsure if a cart of Castlevania on Famicom does.

The sound channels are only hackable into a toaster NES,

not the toploader as there isnt an expansion port.

You also need to mod the Famicom adapter.

Also the A/V Famicom is rubbish unless you only intend to use Famicom games on it;

The US version of Castlevania doesnt have extra sound channels,

and usually only disk system games allow for extra sound channels.

Maybe 3 cart games on famicom actually use the sound channels,

I am unsure if a cart of Castlevania on Famicom does.

Thanks Deadly!

Yep there are 2 main reasons I want this unit:

a) To use the Powerpak

b) To play Akumajyou Densetsu (Jap Castlevania 3) with the additional sound channels

As I understand it, when pumping Akumajyou Densetsu through the Powerpak, due to the mapper emulation, only the mod on the Toaster needs to be done to get the extra channels.

However, the Toasters don't have A/V inputs, which I am now spoiled by. RF is just too nasty on my TV.

Clones are no good either, as the Powerpak only works with real hardware.

Hence, I am either looking for:

a) an AV Famicom (extra channels and AV built in) I've got an NES>Famicom adapter, so I would make it work!

b) an AV/Sound channel modded Toaster

I'd be totally happy with either. And would be totally in debt to whomever could help me.

someone make me an offer I can't refuse!

:lust:

However, the Toasters don't have A/V inputs, which I am now spoiled by. RF is just too nasty on my TV.

The original Toaster NES does have A/V outputs on the side, so you can have nice video and audio. The audio isn't stereo, but you can get a Y adapter to push the sound to your left and right speakers/channels.

The original Toaster NES does have A/V outputs on the side, so you can have nice video and audio. The audio isn't stereo, but you can get a Y adapter to push the sound to your left and right speakers/channels.

I love Y-adapters, I have one on my C64 DTV, my Sega Firecore, and my VCR. I also like the reversed adapters, that make 2 into 1, those are good also.

Holy crap, how in the world did I miss that??? :dunce:

I've been so caught up with the NES 2 I didn't even think to recheck my old Toaster...

Looks like all I need is the Extra Sound Channel mod then :P

Holy crap, how in the world did I miss that??? :dunce:

I've been so caught up with the NES 2 I didn't even think to recheck my old Toaster...

Looks like all I need is the Extra Sound Channel mod then :P

Hehe. Not a problem. The toaster NES is a pretty nice system. All I've ever done to mine was replace the 72-pin connector, which is super easy to do. I also blew out any dust from the inside while I had the top off replacing my 72-pin connector.

I could perform the extra sound channel mod if you want. I've done it to mine and it works great.

It really depends on the quality of the NES to Famicom adapter. Mine is pretty solid and I don't have problems playing NES games on it. In fact, the AV Famicom+NES converter+FDS is my preferred NES/Famicom setup.

Edited by ApolloBoy