IGNORED

My Atari Halloween Story (and Contest)

cvga

Nope, not keystone kapers. Since we'll have two winners, the first person to guess the cart (no explanation is needed) will win and the first person who can explain how to arrive at that answer will also win. I don't want this one to take as long as the mastermind contest!

Everyone is free to guess again.

Good luck!

cvga

The bad news - but you're not that good (yet). Even though the letters can be arranged to spell Atari Video Cube, that is not the answer  :P

Damn... I was thinking that it seemed too easy... Was that Atari Video Cube stuff intentional? Or just a coincidence?

--Zero

I think we need a hint, people are just guessing wildly now.

Agreed. The solution is not as simple as rearranging letters from each title but the games are important. The trick-or-treaters could have come in a different order while leading you to the same game but they couldn't have come in just any order.

Was that Atari Video Cube stuff intentional? Or just a coincidence?  

I had this contest planned earlier but after I saw the Frankenstein contest, I realized that I could tweak mine a little to produce the same effect even though that's not the answer. A little devilish maybe, but it is a Halloween contest :wink:

Remember that there will be two winners. The first person to name the mystery cart wins and the first person to to explain the answer also wins. You may choose the mystery cart or an alternative if you already have it.

As an added incentive, if the person who solves the mystery cart provides the explanation at the same time they name the cart, I'll let them choose Subterranea if they want instead of two carts from the yet to be defined alternative list mentioned above. However, if the cart is named before it is explained, Subterranea will not be awarded.

Good luck and everyone can guess again (but only once LifeGuard).

Hmmm... (ponders deeply) :ponder:

I'd say Crypts of Chaos because my (very dodgy) line of thinking is that the number of games listed in each 'chunk' separated by no-shows at the door give a title with 3 words in it, each of those words has as many letters in it as there are games listed in each chunk.

Asteroids & ET arrive together counting as 1 - if there's a hole in my explanation (and I'm sure there are quite a lot) this is the big one.

All said and done, that leaves the title with words that have 5, 6 & 2 letters long. Crypts of Chaos is the only one that appears to fit those numbers.

Look forward to finding out just which title is hidden here & the explantion why - good contest cvga!

Only 2 guesses in 2 days? All you have to do is guess the game to win a free cart including shipping! I'll even do my best to try and get you a cart you don't have and really want. Once you get the name, figuring out the solution should be a 'piece o cake'. The person who can explain the solution will also win a cart.

Don't be shy. Take a guess. There's nothing to lose! :)

Remember, if you are first to name the cart and provide the correct solution in your post, I'll let you choose the highly coveted 'Subterranea' by Imagic in place of the two carts.

Good Luck!

Scooter, I was quoting Planes, Trains and Automobiles--er, about the Bears anyway. Good Thanksgiving movie, made in 1987, when Da Bears were still good.

And the only team that I know is going all the way this year is my fantasy team, Mean Machine. Well, there also is a certain college, but I will not post the name, since any of my football teams that I mention on this board seem to lose. I rooted for Houston on this board last week and look what happened? :o

Well, there also is a certain college, but I will not post the name, since any of my football teams that I mention on this board seem to lose.

That's right you won't mention the name or I'll have to disqualify you from this contest! Hmmm, what if you switched to publicly rooting for Oklahoma or Miami... :D

BTW, we had a neighborhood gathering tonight and I told a few people about this contest and the solution to see if they thought it was too hard. I don't think my next door neighbor has ever even heard of Atari although she has heard of Nintendo. Her neighbor thought the contest was a cool idea but said he would not be able to come up with the answer. However, my neighbor three doors down got the answer before I even had a chance to start explaining the solution. Go figure.

By the way, no one has it yet so you can all guess again.

Well, there also is a certain college, but I will not post the name, since any of my football teams that I mention on this board seem to lose.

They'll lose anyway Big Player...don't you know that when they are having a good season...they can't beat the team from...up north???

GO

And this coming from a die-hard Indiana Hoosier... :roll: :roll: