IGNORED

FS: "Sega Rally" 95 Castrol Celica

DaytonaUSA

Up for sale is my 95 Celica GT. The car is literally free of rust as it was a Texas car. All the body work was done professionally and by me, and the car was professionally painted white once again. The car has 144,xxx miles on it, and runs like a champ. The car also comes with brand new eBay headers which have yet to be installed. The car has been maintained like no other and has had regular oil changes and maintenance.

Here's a list of some things I've done:

Custom decals

Body work

Paint job

Celica mudflaps

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood

Tinted clear gas lid

Brand new (just installed this last week) security system with keyless entry

SS-III Wheels that have been professionally powdercoated

Brand new brake pads and drilled/slotted rotors

Touch Screen GPS, DVD, FM AM, CD and MP3/iPod player

Brand new tweeters with bass limiter

Brand new Alpine speakers throughout

Brand new front axle

Cold Air Intake

New Radiator

Face Lift 96 bumper

Fog Light Covers

New headlamp bulbs

New brights bulbs

3 month old spark plugs

Tinted windows

Brand new battery

Brand new battery wires

Brand new battery terminals

SOLD

photo3-21.jpg

photo2-27.jpg

photo-18.jpg

Clearly double parked there, JK can hyou post some pics of the inside for those of us who may be interested?

Haha, it's the work parking lot, so it's ok ;)

I can take more pictures when I get home, but I do have a couple pics I took from my phone a bit ago. I'll post them below.photo-24.jpgphoto3-31.jpgphoto2-38.jpgphoto2-37.jpgphoto4-26.jpg

Man, I wish I had the cash for that. I think that would be a fun little ride as a summertime auto. If you ever want to trade for some arcade games Amiga stuff or any home console stuff, LMK! :P

OTOH, me getting into something that tiny might be a trickshot! Ever notice how many obese people drive the smallest cars? lol

<----not obese by any stretch, just BIG! lmao

Edited by save2600

Man, I wish I had the cash for that. I think that would be a fun little ride as a summertime auto. If you ever want to trade for some arcade games Amiga stuff or any home console stuff, LMK! :P

OTOH, me getting into something that tiny might be a trickshot! Ever notice how many obese people drive the smallest cars? lol

<----not obese by any stretch, just BIG! lmao

Heck it's a fun drive in the snow too. Haha, that would be a LOT of games my friend haha :P . I'll have to pass ;).

There's actually a surprising amount of head room in these. My friend Mike, who's almost 7' tall was able to get in surprisingly! Thanks for the compliments.

I have a nice black Mazda Protege5 sportwagon I'd trade for that......

:)

Sorry bud, there's already a replacement for it. Thanks for the offer though!

Thanks for the compliments guys. To be honest, even though it's only been a day, I'm shocked it's lasted this long on the couple places I've put it up. A base GT is almost 5000, and there's over 7000 dollars worth of mods on this thing. :P

We'll see. I just don't want to do the eBay route... :roll:

Hope everything is ok with you. :(

Sad to see you're selling it with all the work you've done. If parts were replaced afa as engine, trans, tune up etc. maybe posting receipts if it woud help alleviate anyone who is wary over milage?

Hope you posted it on a dreamcast or sega forum too! Best of luck in everything.

I'm not sure if I still have those receipts, but I guess I could see if I could dig them up :). The front axle, radiator, fuel pump, spark plugs, rotors, alternator, brake pads and battery have all been replaced. Basically, everything that an aging Celica can have problems with. I don't like to take chances on things and prefer to replace those types of parts when I get a used car so I reduce the chance of "having a surprise".. ya know... on the side of the road :P .

I'm not sure about the Dreamcast and Saturn boards as I didn't even know they existed! What's the url for those sites?

As far as needing to sell it, we'll be ok. We're kinda living off of our savings atm until my wife can find a job (we'll be ok, don't worry), but having a "toy" car as my car and borrowing her Prius because I decided to start a new project on it the previous night, isn't sitting pretty any more when she needs a car to go look for a job, and I've taken hers so I can go to work. It's a great daily driver, but with a car like this I'm more prone to want to work on it than leave it be, which isn't very practical for us at the moment.

That's one of my fears. If it costs like 20 bucks for an auction on a several hundred dollar console, I can't imagine what it is on a car! Also, how do I do it, some sort of deposit and then give them a week or something? Who knows.. I might try it if the price is right to put on auction.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I might bite the bullet and give it a go... I just need to not forget to put a reserve on it haha.

It's a great daily driver, but with a car like this I'm more prone to want to work on it than leave it be, which isn't very practical for us at the moment.

Ha! That is exactly right; I went through a severe stage of this when I was younger - in the early 1990s. I had IROC Camaro, Trans Am, Mustang 5.0, and Corvette. I couldn't leave them alone - always buying and bolting on parts - headers, rims, manifolds, etc. Talk about an endless "waste" of my money. Painfully (then) I moved on to bland vehicles that were hopelessly stodgy. Eventually, I just quit caring completely. I wish I had all that "hot rod" money invested in classic computers and game systems ( :) )- something that I can actually "use." Now that I'm an old man (eminently middle aged, rather) I don't care about vehicle mods anymore, and while I have and appreciate nice cars, I couldn't be troubled at all to screw with "mods" on them. Whether or not I revert to those tendencies and apply rhinestones to my "walker" in future years - remains to be seen.