IGNORED

How much can I get a 2600 composite modded for?

yuppicide

Do it yourself with one of these...

eBay Seller: comexpress_3461?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

;)

That looks suspiciously like the 8bitdomain mod. Same pic used in his guide; http://www.8bitdomain.com/Atari%202600%206%20switch%20NTSC%20Video%20Mod%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

If so I highly recommend avoiding him. Absolutely bad seller and all-around scam artist. Screwed over a lot of people.

If not my apologies. I stand corrected.

Do it yourself with one of these...

eBay Seller: comexpress_3461?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

;)

That looks suspiciously like the 8bitdomain mod. Same pic used in his guide; http://www.8bitdomain.com/Atari%202600%206%20switch%20NTSC%20Video%20Mod%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

If so I highly recommend avoiding him. Absolutely bad seller and all-around scam artist. Screwed over a lot of people.

It is the 8bitdomain mod. If you look at the large version of the picture, you'll see the "retrokidz" logo stuff on the board.

I've used both the 8bitdomain mod and Longhorn Engineers mod, and my personal preference is the Longhorn mod.

As you mentioned, a lot of people got screwed over my Mike (8bitdomain) but my dealings with him were over a year ago and I never had an issue. Of course your mileage may vary. Bottom line, if I needed another mod now, I would use Longhorns. Great product, quick turn around and decent price all things considered.

This dude ended up with the remaining stock from that 8bitdomain guy, I bought a 5200 kit from him last week and had it in 4 days.

This dude ended up with the remaining stock from that 8bitdomain guy, I bought a 5200 kit from him last week and had it in 4 days.

Unfortunately, the new owner ignores emails just as much as the last one. When he took over, he promised to send out all pending orders. Mine was for a 6-switch, the kit he sent was for a four. I emailed him several times after asking to switch for what I ordered and he never bothered to reply. I guess he has no obligation to fix problems created by the last owner, but if he bought out his business, he needs to accept the problems as well as the profits that come with it imo.

Unfortunately, the new owner ignores emails just as much as the last one. When he took over, he promised to send out all pending orders. Mine was for a 6-switch, the kit he sent was for a four. I emailed him several times after asking to switch for what I ordered and he never bothered to reply. I guess he has no obligation to fix problems created by the last owner, but if he bought out his business, he needs to accept the problems as well as the profits that come with it imo.

You are smoking crack.

You are smoking crack.

Whatever. I still advise avoiding this guy. I'm not the only one who had promises made by the new "owner" that never happened.

Dude, I just bought a kit from him and it was well packaged and shipped fast. WTF?

That's like saying people should stay away from stuff I made with the remaining Sunmark stock (not that people had problems with Mark), it's stupid. :roll:

You know, though, if anyone in New Jersey has a 2600 they'd like to unload cheap I'd take one not composite modded for now... maybe I can come pick it up. System with working joystick/s.

The company who I bought my bedroom set from delivered it with a 4" scratch on the back of the headboard and two holes back there as well. They're giving me $50 cash back.

You can buy a kit from Longhorn Engineer for $25 unassembled, which is what I did. I am way too cheap to drop $100 for someone else to do something like that when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself. Takes some time obviously, but I enjoy doing that type of stuff.

http://www.longhornengineer.com/Videomods/Videomods

Chris

EDIT: And I just want to add that the increase in video quality using LE's s-video is RIDICULOUS. If you really enjoy playing Atari, it is worth the $100 to have him do it if you aren't comfortable with a soldering iron.

Edited by Jibbajaba

And I just want to add that the increase in video quality using LE's s-video is RIDICULOUS. If you really enjoy playing Atari, it is worth the $100 to have him do it if you aren't comfortable with a soldering iron.

I agree, the quality of Longhorn Engineer's video kit and the picture produced is truly amazing. I would never use RF again on an Atari after having this mod.