IGNORED

Scan of Fort Apocalypse

Allan

By the way, could you (or anyone else) provide me with high resolution scans of Dodge Racer, Alley Cat and Quasimoto?

Qhile I do own Quasimodo, it sadly is the German release by Ariolasoft, featuring a quite ugly yellow border around the original cover picture. (and of course all the other sides are yellow, too).

Thorsten

Wow, Dodge Racer!

One of the first games bought by my uncle for his Atari 800 in 1982 from Maplins in Birmingham. Have an orignal here on disk, not boxed like other Synapse releases, came in a polythene bag with cardboard support (according to the manual it was their first commercial release and not copy protected) Also have the manual if you need a scan?

post-24505-126609601165_thumb.jpg

By the way, could you (or anyone else) provide me with high resolution scans of Dodge Racer, Alley Cat and Quasimoto?

Qhile I do own Quasimodo, it sadly is the German release by Ariolasoft, featuring a quite ugly yellow border around the original cover picture. (and of course all the other sides are yellow, too).

Thorsten

I have New York City in the same format - the box is ugly, but fortunately the picture is untouched. Could you send me a scan of the box front anyway? ... My copy of Alley Cat is on a cassette, and the image is much poorer.

thanks!

Wow, Dodge Racer!

One of the first games bought by my uncle for his Atari 800 in 1982 from Maplins in Birmingham. Have an orignal here on disk, not boxed like other Synapse releases, came in a polythene bag with cardboard support (according to the manual it was their first commercial release and not copy protected) Also have the manual if you need a scan?

Thank you very much! (don't worry about the manual, I have one). Back "in the day" I purchased a copy of this in the silver and black box. Sadly I must have thrown it out at some point since. (and I think I bought it from the bargain bin for $3 or $4)

Synapse released quite a few early titles in the "baggie" format. I have Protector (never released as a box actually), Shamus, Picnic Paranoia, Nautilus and Slime - if you look carefully you'll notice that the box format removes about 1/2 an inch from one side of the picture.

jim

WOW, Jacobus, beamer320i thanks a lot for the scans ! I'm a huge fan of Tim Boxell's art and I have got most of his 8bit related drawings, but unfortunately in poor quality. I would be very grateful if you (or anybody else) could please scan the fronts of all your Synapse games. I am especially looking for Shadow World, NYC, Alley Cat (the tape versions would be also great) and Sentinel. The last one is a C64 game, but maybe someone has it. Thank you in advance !

WOW, Jacobus, beamer320i thanks a lot for the scans ! I'm a huge fan of Tim Boxell's art and I have got most of his 8bit related drawings, but unfortunately in poor quality. I would be very grateful if you (or anybody else) could please scan the fronts of all your Synapse games. I am especially looking for Shadow World, NYC, Alley Cat (the tape versions would be also great) and Sentinel. The last one is a C64 game, but maybe someone has it. Thank you in advance !

enjoy

post-11281-126615764443_thumb.jpgpost-11281-126615769894_thumb.jpgpost-11281-126615791629_thumb.jpg

I will be re-scanning the remainder of my Synapse titles in the next few days (new scanner is much better) and updating my Synapse Poster - I'll upload more at that point.

post-11281-126615814898_thumb.jpg

enjoy

post-11281-126615764443_thumb.jpgpost-11281-126615769894_thumb.jpgpost-11281-126615791629_thumb.jpg

I will be re-scanning the remainder of my Synapse titles in the next few days (new scanner is much better) and updating my Synapse Poster - I'll upload more at that point.

Please do. Wonderful work!!!

enjoy

Outstanding work mate ! Thanks a bunch and please keep them coming. BTW, I've got the scan of unpublished Synapse game - Reptilian. If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll post it.

Outstanding work mate ! Thanks a bunch and please keep them coming. BTW, I've got the scan of unpublished Synapse game - Reptilian. If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll post it.

Your most welcome! ... Please go ahead and post Reptilian - I have the thumbnail, but a larger pic would be great!

Here you go. Not as good quality as yours, but still decent. ;)

post-24409-126620162478_thumb.jpg

Very nice, thank you!

A couple of thoughts...

1) That image is creepy. Really creepy!

2) Where did you find it? The format is obviously for the older non-boxed versions of Synapse games (plus the date on the picture says 1982) - which suggests that it was an early title. I'd always assumed that Reptilian was announced just before Synapse started to go south got lost in the shuffle. There should have been plenty of time to finish the game between 1982 and 1984! Does anyone know any more details?

3) I want to include it in my poster, but it throws the spacing right off! Crap!

You are welcome mate !

1 - I agree, it's one of my favorite pictures by Boxell.

2 - It's not my scan, I found it some time ago in the web, however, it hadn't been easy to spot. For my best knowledge it's the scan of the poster. When you look closer you can notice the crease in the middle of it. As far as I know Reptilian was rather an early Synapse game, however, the programmer was fired and nobody continued his work. It's a pity because, judging by this art, we can only imagine what a creepy game it could have been. There are more Synapse games (mostly for VIC 20) wrapped in mystery.

3 - I'm not sure if I could help you with that. Could you be more specific ?