IGNORED

Recent A8 conversions

Wrathchild

(as usual) just curious to see how people find the controls when playing the "Encounter!" port?

Does anyone in the UK have/use a 5200?

I'd wager you could snag one at a car boot sale if they exist there. I'm not sure if the 5200 ever came out in GB though.

(as usual) just curious to see how people find the controls when playing the "Encounter!" port?

Your Encounter conversion has great controls on the 5200. No problems there at all.

Many thanks for doing these conversions despite your own lack of a 5200. It's too bad Atari never made a PAL version of the console.

• 2 weeks later...

The bug itself that I'm not happy with is that, upon occasions, when a monster jumps from the left or right most building and so goes off that side and reappears and lands on the opposite side, then the animation can get stuck in an endless loop meaning that the monster cannot move.

RAMPAGE: Spent some time trying to look into this again and still no joy, though I have narrowed it down to the code that should be doing the final dropping of the player to the floor.

I took my 5200 port and coded it back to the A8 and lo-and-behold the bug is there too. This maybe down to my separation of what I call 'read-only data' code and 'data' areas. A block copy or clear of an area may be extending itself over a wrong area so I will test putting these back contiguously and slowly take them out again until it breaks.

Regards,

Mark

How about Xenophobe?

Has this ROM ever surfaced, since Tempest did the proto review some years back?

I hope it isn't lost. This one def. needs to be completed and/or released in its original form(& converted to 5200!). It would be a damn shame if this ultimately becomes vaporware(if not preserved) :( .

• 3 months later...

Xenophobe should be floating around for the 400/800

Yes it is! :)

Update: The Xenophobe proto has been found and is in very safe and capable hands, that will ensure its preservation well into the future.