IGNORED

2 questionable Craigslist adds.

darthkur

You are the scum of the earth. My dear and beloved mother worked for Walmart

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403840977501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140384097750&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

<sigh>

Why am I not surprised Wal-Mart had to enter the conversation? :rolling:

And yeah, this thread took a goofy turn to say the least!

Edited by save2600

I have nothing against getting bargains. In fact I wouldn't have a small fractions of the things I do otherwise. I just hate to see opportunistic jackasses scrounging around for stuff just to make a giant profit on it. It ruins it for people that want the items for their own personal use. Normal people that is, not the "rich elite". Please let's not degrade into a big open market/free trade/capitalism diatribe. Call it a pet peeve of mine if you wish. I guess I should have not posted it in the first place. :|

What is the point of this thread anymore?

The Craigslist add did not specify a price, just that he was looking for a game. Then you go and send him a bogus reply and act all surprised when it devolves.

This is why I avoid Craigslist. We all know that it is becoming the scummy back alley of on line trading. Your posts here just prove that you are a part of the problem.

I get on Atariage to interact and learn about games and systems - not this stuff.

his wasnt the only ad. there were 5 of them up there. one guy even offered $100 for the game.

I also forgot to add that someone (not me) posted a bunch of anti posts on craigslist, advising people not to fall for the con artists.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=Stadium+Events+&catAbbreviation=sss&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1600631058.html

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1599817326.html

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1599608765.html

Edited by CARTRIDGE STEALER
  • Like 1

I also forgot to add that someone (not me) posted a bunch of anti posts on craigslist, advising people not to fall for the con artists.

http://longisland.cr...=min&maxAsk=max

http://longisland.cr...1600631058.html

http://longisland.cr...1599817326.html

http://longisland.cr...1599608765.html

Good. That makes me feel a lot better. Thank you for posting that. :thumbsup:

AND another thing....

When did an eighth grade education become optional in America? I'm pretty sure misusing your and you're so profusely wasn't tolerated, even in junior high school. It's all about taking pride, I suppose....sorry for the rant....

Oh dude, tell me about it. People also horrendously misuse the words "THEN" and "THAN"... that really gets me.

AND another thing....

When did an eighth grade education become optional in America? I'm pretty sure misusing your and you're so profusely wasn't tolerated, even in junior high school. It's all about taking pride, I suppose....sorry for the rant....

Oh dude, tell me about it. People also horrendously misuse the words "THEN" and "THAN"... that really gets me.

How about "irregardless", which isn't even a word, used in place of "regardless", but plenty of educated types continue to use it?

In all honesty,do i feel bad for some dude or dudess who got duped by a seller or buyer...NOPE.Sure a seller who does such a thing is a jerk,but there's no excuse for ignorance,Its our/your job to be informed.If you're the buyer and you lock in on a clueless seller and buy that insanely valuable object for next to nothing..GOOD FOR YOU, aren't we all looking for a "STEAL"Same thing if a buyer over pays,should of informed themselves.Like the judge will tell you"ignorance of the law is no excuse"And yes there are real jerks out there who have NO morals,i personally WOULD NOT take advantage of someone,but those that do,its their right to do so,right or wrong,they'll have to answer to someone higher up sooner or later. :evil: |:) :skull:

I will say, though, that I get less of headache reading posts here than other places around the web. I guess that shouldn't be a shock, being that this is, inherently, a forum of nerdy-types :-p

Who you calling a "Nerd"!

Yeah, buddy, Repect the Nerd!

I've always thought of a nerd as a smart person who is also very socially awkward, whereas a geek is probably a little socially awkward, but not nearly so much as a nerd. In other words, to me, a geek is sort of best-of-all worlds. After all, we refer smart but attractive women as "geeky" women, not "nerdy" women, right? Well, at least I would.

Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age-inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."[1] Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

This word comes from English dialect geek, geck: fool, freak; from Low German geck, from Middle Low German. The root geck still survives in Dutch gek: crazy, and in the Alsatian word Gickeleshut: geek's hat, used in carnivals.[2]

Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age-inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."[1] Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

This word comes from English dialect geek, geck: fool, freak; from Low German geck, from Middle Low German. The root geck still survives in Dutch gek: crazy, and in the Alsatian word Gickeleshut: geek's hat, used in carnivals.[2]

LOL, Amazing how my Lil' Joke can change the whole direction of this thread.