IGNORED

Big Sony network problems

cimerians

Seriously, this is totally lame. Not that there's a problem with the old PS3's firmware were it's thinking it's a leap year when it isn't and it's screwing up the system. But rather that Sony knew this bug was in there, fixed it on the newer model PS3's and never bothered to test what would happen to the older PS3's when this date came around. That's just totally lame and incompetent. Sorry but there is no excuse for this happening at all... :x

No, but really nothing wrong with my system. all trophy's load fine and I play off line all the time on the 40GB. Of course SONNY hasn't fixed the issue with Atari Anniversary Redux so they still win no brownie points

Not to derail or anything, but what's fubared with the Atari Anniversary Redux? (As I don't have it yet but if it's got issues I may just avoid it.)

Well if you play the PSone disc the games don't show your ship fire. makes all but 2 games unplayable. And I like how the PSN copy of Tomb Raider & Silent Hill work with no issues but my discs don't. Thanks for those updates SONNY :P

Update from Sony:

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

* When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following

message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been

signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.

* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears

on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install

trophies. Please exit your game.”

* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the

Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date

and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”

* Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the

PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

:o

Just....wow. I have to imagine that heads are going to roll at Sony after the dust clears.

Update from Sony:

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

* When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following

message appears on the screen; An error has occurred. You have been

signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F).

* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears

on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; Failed to install

trophies. Please exit your game.

* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the

Internet, the following message appears on the screen; The current date

and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)

* Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the

PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

:o

Just....wow. I have to imagine that heads are going to roll at Sony after the dust clears.

now getting reports that the slims are getting affected........

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/bd-p/psnetwork

I saw posted on the web. Damn thing is affecting EVERYONE! :ponder:

That is HIL-AR-I-OUS!!!!! :lol:

"Don't worry, he'll never buy a Wii"

the best thing that EVER came out of hitlers mouth....atari 2600 a console for true men!

the system has given me 3 years of error free service and online gaming, i'm not going to bitch because of one problem. people seriously need to get a grip and go read a book or something. i'm sure we all have plenty of other consoles we can play for a day or two.

though anybody who thinks that digital downloads are the future now is fu*kin high.

though anybody who thinks that digital downloads are the future now is fu*kin high.

There's no mistake that digital distribution will likely be the future. Everyone is just getting a small preview now of the future, when provider X who you bought your content from isn't in business any longer, or simply no longer gives a shit about what you purchased...

BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_10050000/newsid_10058900/10058914.stm

Playstation 3 owners should 'stop gaming'

Sony has sold more than 30 million old-style PlayStation 3s since 2006. Sony has told owners of older models of its PlayStation 3 console to stop using the machine because of a problem with the PlayStation Network.

The problem is affecting people using the older versions of the PlayStation 3, called the "Fat" model.

The problem isn't affecting the newer PS3 Slim systems that have been on sale since September last year.

"We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours," a statement reads. "In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

"We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system."

Read the rest of the article at the above link.

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.

It's all over folks, feel free to turn on your PS3 again. At least until this same time 2014...

LOL

epicfail.jpg

well I'm, back online.....but for how long I wonder :ponder:

Supposedly it "fixed itself" (meaning the time period it will glitch on every 4 years has passed) so you should be good until march 1st, 2014 at which point you can rinse and repeat.

The thing I'm most interested in is this. For those of you who bought some Digital Downloads that reverted to demo status during this hiccup... does it consider itself registered again?

The thing I'm most interested in is this. For those of you who bought some Digital Downloads that reverted to demo status during this hiccup... does it consider itself registered again?

I didn't look at those, but I will say that I have to redownload most of my themes. Pulled the afrika one down last night, the rest can wait.

the system has given me 3 years of error free service and online gaming, i'm not going to bitch because of one problem. people seriously need to get a grip and go read a book or something. i'm sure we all have plenty of other consoles we can play for a day or two.

Seconded. Other than the potential hardware scare a couple months ago, I've had no problems with mine.

The angriest I got over a console was the faulty update over Xbox Live a few years back. Bought a new Xbox, updated, bricked, exchanged, bricked again, exchanged, finally worked after I waited on the fix (thought I got two bad apples in a row). Then, it RRoD'd on me. Got it fixed, then promptly rid of.

MS lost me for any future console purchases after that.

Seconded. Other than the potential hardware scare a couple months ago, I've had no problems with mine.

The angriest I got over a console was the faulty update over Xbox Live a few years back. Bought a new Xbox, updated, bricked, exchanged, bricked again, exchanged, finally worked after I waited on the fix (thought I got two bad apples in a row). Then, it RRoD'd on me. Got it fixed, then promptly rid of.

MS lost me for any future console purchases after that.

I feel I have a right to bitch about Sony. I paid 400 bucks for the unit maybe more, I cant remember what the 60GB model cost back then. It broke (yellow ringed) once since then, paid $100 to get it replaced. Spent a good deal of cash on downloadable games and store bought games. I have a lot.

Then to have the system not play anything because of a bug for a few days is majorly effed up. Why? Because whats to prevent this from happening again? I dont trust them.

Somebody at Sony needs to be bitch slapped.