IGNORED

The 2010 Atari 2600 collector hall of fame vote

homerwannabee

OK, I will get to the totals in a sec. First there were 30 total votes cast. And this year it was a close one. It was a neck, and neck race between Marc O., and Wonder 007. And the winner by a hair is Wonder007.

Congratulations Wonder007. I am very glad that you are part of the Hall Of Fame now. The Hall is just not the same with out you. As far as NTSC Atari 2600 collections go this man far and away has ocumulated the greatest collection ever assembled on the planet. If there was a huge sell in the past 6 years most likely Wonder's name was associated with the sell. The mans collection is simply amazing. For one he has over 400 Atari 2600 prototypes at last check. That is twice as much as anyone else. Heck he may have more prototypes than everyone else combined. And one little bit of information that some may not know. Every time Wonder comes to the SC3 he always has a new insanely rare goody to show the crowd. So congrats Wonder007. The Hall of Fame is so much better with you in it! :D :cool:

OK, here is the voting totals.

Wonder007: 19 out of 30 votes 63.3%

Marc Oberhouser: 17 out of 30 votes 56.7%

Albert: 12 out of 30 votes 40%

Curt Vendall:12 out of 30 votes 40%

Toy Mailman: 10 out of 30 votes 33.3%

Trade N Games: 9 out of 30 votes 30.0%

Dino 8 out of 30 votes 26.7%

Ianoid: 8 out of 30 votes 26.7%

Jahfish: 6 out of 30 votes 20.0%

B.F. Stats: 5 out of 30 votes 16.7%

Rom Hunter: 5 out of 30 votes 16.7%

Tempest: 5 out of 30 votes 16.7%

Crunchy Superman: 4 out of 30 votes 13.3%

Pangasean: 4 out of 30 votes 13.3%

Zwackery: 4 out of 30 votes 13.3%

DreamTR: 3 out of 30 votes 10.0%

hwolfman: 3 out of 30 votes 10.0%

rtype2600: 3 out of 30 votes 10.0%

Srferraz: 3 out of 30 votes 10.0%

Cassidy Nolan: 2 out of 30 votes 6.7%

Crazy Climber: 2 out of 30 votes 6.7%

Jerry Greiner: 2 out of 30 votes 6.7%

Schitti: 2 out of 30 votes 6.7%

Shawn Sr.: 2 out of 30 votes 6.7%

Tom Brasil: 2 out of 30 votes 6.7%

Bloated Monkey: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Captain Beard: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Cincynotti: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Fdurso: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Frostbite Bailey: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Hardwork: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Joe Smooth: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Just a Bum: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Mr. Galaxian: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Noner 242: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Omegamatrix: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

Philfound: 1 out of 30 votes 3.3%

• Like 1

Congrats, Wonder, on the great collection, the acknowledgement from your "adoring masses" and, most importantly, for your contributions to the Classic Gaming Community! To paraphrase Mr. Galaxian, this is a better place because of your participation. Thank You!

• Like 1

Wonder007 is a caring and generous person besides having amassed such a breathtaking collection. He works hard for what he has and doesn't take any of it for granted as well as being devoted to his beautiful family and a good friend to many. There is so much more to him then 'just' his collection which could probably take up quite a few paragraphs of descriptions in and of itself.

*Many Huggz* and *Much Love*

I do feel compelled to say that I can't help but feel that Albert should have been acknowledged from the beginning since without him we wouldn't even have this site with so many wonderful people or a place where we can drool over some really amazing stuff.

Congratulations Jose! You're definitely worth of the title. :)

I appreciate the votes that were cast in my direction, but there are plenty of more "serious" collectors out there. I guarantee that if I wasn't involved with AtariAge, I'd have a much larger collection. I really haven't been actively collecting since probably 2003 or so. That said, I probably do have a larger collection than 90% of the people here and I do have some unique items. :D

..Al

Congrats Jose, although that now makes 3 out of the 5 "collector" Hall of Fame inductee's that have collections I have never seen :sad: Yes, you guys deserve it, don't get me wrong but to be in the collector hall of fame without even showing pictures of your collection doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm just saying :ponder:

• Like 1

Congrats Jose, although that now makes 3 out of the 5 "collector" Hall of Fame inductee's that have collections I have never seen :sad: Yes, you guys deserve it, don't get me wrong but to be in the collector hall of fame without even showing pictures of your collection doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm just saying :ponder:

Well you have seen at least part of his collection. You saw all the pictures 5th Ghost put up. You saw all the pictures that Atari Pitbull put up. You have seen all the auction pictures that Wonder007 has won. So in a sense you have seen a lot of his collection.

I agree with you! We need some reformation of the Hall of Fame 2011 next year.

Well you have seen at least part of his collection. You saw all the pictures 5th Ghost put up. You saw all the pictures that Atari Pitbull put up. You have seen all the auction pictures that Wonder007 has won. So in a sense you have seen a lot of his collection.

Yeah, that is why I voted for him. I am just making a general statement that it is kind of lame that 3 out of the 5 people voted for top collectors of the year have never even shown there collection publicly.

• Like 2

Hello All,

I did not even know that I won until somebody told me about it right now. I would like to thank to all who voted (even if you did not vote for me). I would love to show-off pictures but as CPUWIZ illustrated perfectly a few posts ago, everything is in boxes right now in my big factory storage facility... ;). It is a long story. As many of you know, I have been wanting to do construction on my house now for years but the city is too stubborn to allow me to do what I want to do. After many neighrborhood meetings and meetings with public officials, I am about to give up the fight and just buy another home. I love where I live (even though I HAD crazy neigbors like Phil Spector) but I think I am just going to buy another house. Meanwhile, my collection is sitting in boxes in my well-ventilated, air-conditioned storage room. I assure you that everything is safe and secured but in boxes.

I do promise to show pics of the collection once I have everything in place. I am already working with a designer to create a room that will allow me to show-off every piece of item I own for the 2600. Moreover, I will be having a party at the house when it is done and I already have many people that want to come out for the event. But, eventually, what I definitely want to do (or at least plan B if the gameroom does not come to fruition) is to have a museum in the Southern California area. It would be something that would be a good example of what the Atari 2600 is all about (both the beginnings of it up to now- homebrews, hacks, etc...). The museum would be more of a non-profit outfit. I want to share the collection with the world but also design (whatever I end up having) it where it would be a place where people can do research on Atari 2600 related items. My major goal is to keep the Atari 2600 alive, especially for the future where many of us will not be around to keep it alive. I will make sure that the collection would stay around so that future generations can see what classic videogaming was all about.

Some people have asked for stats on my collection. At the current moment, I have 99% of my collection CIB/NIB. I still need very few items (ie PGP-1, Birthday Mania, Space Chase monogrammed version and Red Sea Crossing). I have many unique items (many non-cart/game protos and documentation that help shape up the history of the Atari 2600). I have over 500 unique Atari 2600 protos (probably more) and also some interesting accessories (prototype-related and otherwise).

I will continue to hunt for prototypes and upgrade copies of released/unreleased games. I also plan to release more games in the future. I hope I get to meet all of you in the future. Again, I would like to thank everybody on the forums for making the possibility of me having the collection I have possible. It has almost been 30 years when my trek started (the last twelve years when I started REALLY collecting again...thank you ebay for the beginning of it). I also want to really thank (people that contributed to my collection BIG-TIME (in no particular order): Al, CPUWIZ, ShyOne, Dino, Rick Weis, Marco, swlovinist, Curt Vendel, Tempest, Mitch, bfstats, Cassidy Nolen, Chickybaby (for her emotional support), cx2k, AtariRx, djmips, Numan, Phantom, Shawn Sr., DreamTR, Lee Krueger, Lord Thag, Wickeycolombus, Ataripitbull, CincYnoTi, ntavio, DeusExMachina, Joesmooth, decypher, MattG/Snyper2099, the 5th Ghost, Marc Oberhauser, hhwolfman, riffraff, jahfish, neotokeo2001, DEBRO, video game addict, Frostbite Bailey, Homerwannabee aka Mr. Galaxian (I still have your record-breaking cart), ianoid, Zeitshabba, Crazy Climber, EricDeLee, Sly, and Zwackery. If I forgot somebody, please let me know.

Again, thanks to all. Have a great day!!! Atari 2600, fight on.....!!!!! :) :) :)

- Wonder007

Congratulations! I'm happy to have been in the bottom of the list with 1 vote. Thanks Staberinde. Jose, you want to do what I always wanted to do. Open up a museum. Except I haven't won the lottery yet to do it. Though I'm happy to be acquiring some foreign games for my collection. With all the foreign releases and such, I think I may hit 700 games. Nothing compared to the giant warehouse you've assembled over these years. :)

Phil

Congratulations Jose; well deserved! Thank you for helping me out and for keeping the Atari 2600 alive!!! Continued success on new acquistions. Just let me know when you are ready to sell it all ;) A great home waiting for it here in PEI. Plus I have 2 acres and can build whatever I want, ahh..life in the country. Have a good one! Cheers, FB

Congratulations Jose; well deserved! Thank you for helping me out and for keeping the Atari 2600 alive!!! Continued success on new acquistions. Just let me know when you are ready to sell it all ;) A great home waiting for it here in PEI. Plus I have 2 acres and can build whatever I want, ahh..life in the country. Have a good one! Cheers, FB

I've been voting for you to get into the hall for years running Glenn. You need to post pictures of your collection at some point so everyone sees how much 2600 shit you actually have.