IGNORED

WTB: APF TV Fun pong console

Mirage

Only because I just realized that this is what my grandparents had for us grandchildren to play at their campground trailer back in the late '70s. I saw the pic of it and immediately realized that's what it was.

I don't recall the exact model # or details, but it was the shape of the one below and had the detached cylindrical paddle controllers. Also, it displayed only in Black and White, no color. So, anything that fits that description would be fine. Must work 100% and be in good condition.

I don't know what these are worth, and I'm not willing to pay an arm and/or a leg, but let me know what you have and what you want, and maybe we can work something out. I don't have much left to trade anymore, but if you're looking for something, let me know.

Thanks

post-16769-126819400942_thumb.jpg

I've been looking for one of those for awhile and the prices can go as high as $90 in mint condition, but very few people are willing to pay that much.

About $30 would be a fair price for one in decent but not perfect condition.

That model was my first Pong machine as well when I was young. I thought my dad was a hero for bringing it home!

Yeah, after I posted this, I checked ebay (even though I will not really use ebay under any circumstances), and I found that that guy that is/was hoarding all the Odyssey1 stuff is apparently hoarding these too, and is listing them at crazy prices. I think $90 would be a bit high, and I would not be willing to pay that much. I'm not looking for new condition or anything, just nice used. Heck, ours was used. I remember sitting there late at night playing this with all my cousins, and even my grandparents! I have no idea what possessed them to buy it. Wish I knew the answer to that one.

Holy cow, $90 for an APF?? The ONLY way I'd charge that much for a pong console is if I had a robotic AT-AT head watching the ball on the screen that was being fed s-video and the woodgrain was real wood.

Wow. The APF really is a neat one being a pong, but not ninety dollars neat.

When I went shopping to replace my old APF system I wasn't willing to spend that much and I ended up with a Bentley Pong system for about $25 that was almost new in the box. It has the exact same games (most of the pong systems do) and the paddles have a short cord so the two players don't have to sit on top of the console to use it. The paddles also track extremely well....I was amazed with how smooth the action was.

Bentley_Pong.jpg

I'll have this system set up at the upcoming Midwest Gaming Classic.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm only interested in getting the exact same thing we had back then, not a substitute.

I do remember going to a bunch of those timeshare/rental deals where they try to get you to buy in... back in the 70s and 80s, and they'd always give my parents or grandparents a Bentley-brand something-or-other, with that same rainbow graphic on the silver box. Usually a camera, at least that's what I remember most. I usually ended up with them once they tired of them, but they were always willing to sit through those stupid sales pitches to get a free widget!