IGNORED

Best looking game?

Pyromaniac605

When i say best looking i dont mean "has more colours" or "looks most like the arcade version" i just want what game you personally think looks best for a 2600 game and why.

Mine would have to be Threshold because the scrolling colours and the animations on the enemys looks great for the 2600 but the gameplay is a little bland.

-Darren-

• Like 1

I think the homebrew Ladybug is pretty impressive. Lots of attention to detail, and it's pretty close to the original arcade game in look and feel. Seawolf is also visually impressive, with large detailed sprites, plenty of colour, etc.

Most of the old Starpath Supercharger games look really good.

Battlezone looks nothing like the arcade game, but plays reasonably similarly and has really nice, colourful graphics that have held up well over the years. Beamrider and Enduro are games that look fairly presentable; they are starting to show their age but were visually impressive "back in the day". I also think Frogger has held up well; graphics aren't as nice as the arcade of course, but there's a lot of activity and colour.

• Like 2

Juno First, Solaris.

But I have a soft spot for Enduro. I still think the gradual sunsetting sky before it gets completely dark is the most beautiful sky depiction I've seen in a VCS game. It's so beautiful that sometimes I'll just sit and watch it in demo mode and soak it in (I'm too frazzled to pay attention to the sky when I'm playing the game, natch!).

-tet

• Like 4

Missile Command. I've liked it for different reasons throughout the years, but the changing colors in the sky and the ground was always interesting to me. Also, I think the game is more fun than the arcade because you only have 1 base and it seems a little more hectic, especially in the later rounds. I also think that the sparse graphics really grab at your imagination and it's almost terrifying to imagine real cities going up in smoke from nuclear missiles.

• Like 4