IGNORED

New Stereo Extension avaiable!

mega-hz

• 1 month later...

something i have been working on...

post-24811-0-81143700-1316783553_thumb.png

it brings the serial from the second Pokey out and can be used for an RS-232.

the 8 pot inputs have the resistors and caps so they can be used for various things (like hooking up a PC joystick, 8 more paddles, or even sensors).

the second KB matrix lines come out to a header so they can be used...

and this one should fit in machines besides the XEGS ;')

sloopy.

• Like 1

sure it will, you just remove the cart port, SIO port, and cut the case a little, and it will fit fine! ;'D

i never really took them into consideration for this design as they dont seem to be too common for upgrades like this...

and would it really be worth the trouble and hassle to fit those machines?

;')

sloopy.

Looks nice sloop. Regarding ergonomics, I must say that the 1200XL is a tight fit when it comes to dual pokey boards, mainly because of keyboard ribbon connector. I discovered this when I was test fitting my Lotharek Simple Stereo board, before I replaced a couple of bent pins, the desoldering of which caused several traces on the stereo board to vapourize, resulting in it being consigned to the waste paper bin. Hence the need for another dual Pokey board...

I have parts to make one on veroboard, but I like the way Wolfram's brings the console speaker out in stereo. Plus I have one in my 130XE, and it's a nice upgrade.

Edited by flashjazzcat

yeah i have a couple of his on the way here...

hmmm... i will have to double check the 1200XL for mine... i only did rough calc's for dimensions on 1200XL, XEGS, 600XL... i did actual test fitting in 800XL, 130XE's (x1 and x4)

maybe i should send one of mine to you :')

sloopy.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but I'm in the process of finally having this board installed. Anyone have it in combination with an U1Mb and VBXE? Thanks

Yeah. Co-exists quite nicely with those two boards, but I haven't attempted to rig up a stereo on-off via software using U-Switch yet with the Mega-HZ stereo Pokey.