IGNORED

New Stereo Extension avaiable!

mega-hz

NO freaking way!!! PC keyboard support hugh? I hope that Candle still has some/plans no making more. Everything I find that he's made, I end up wanting.

Regardless, Mega-hz, I do still intend to order one of your Stereo boards for a project. It does in itself sound superior to the board I just installed, so I'll prolly order one, drop it in an 800XL and compare the two. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have at least one left in two weeks.

the other stuff on candles Stereo is an AKI, a Keyboard Interface for PC Keyboards i think...

Still >30 pcs of Stereo PCBs available! :thumbsup:

regards,

Wolfram.

Hi Wolfram

I emailed you a couple of times last week (from different accounts in case one of them had a problem) and I didn't get a reply yet. I'd like to get 2 boards with shipping to the UK. Did you get my emails?

the other stuff on candles Stereo is an AKI, a Keyboard Interface for PC Keyboards i think...

regards,

Wolfram.

Hi Wolfram

I emailed you a couple of times last week (from different accounts in case one of them had a problem) and I didn't get a reply yet. I'd like to get 2 boards with shipping to the UK. Did you get my emails?

Hi, oh, no, i didn`t get your mails!

Write a pm to me with your emailadr., i will answer you...

Wolfram

regards,

Wolfram.

Hi Wolfram

Hi, oh, no, i didn`t get your mails!

Write a pm to me with your emailadr., i will answer you...

Wolfram

Thanks Wolfram, I've sent a PM.

Syfo-Dyas, unfortunalty only 40 boards were made, and they are sold out

i can re-order boards if at least 10 people would be interested in this

and Wolfram is right - AKI stands for Atari Keyboard Interface, and enables 8bit atari to use PC keyboard

Wolfram, don't be ;) sstereo was sold out already ;)

Ken: don't mistake "simple stereo" made by lotharek with mine, or its just you're going to offend me? ;) hope not ;)

Yeah I was thinking of the lothargic-tech one.. Sorry bout that..

Anywayze , I would still vastly prefer Mega-hz' board over yours (sorry) because I really have no need for a PC keyboard on any of My ATARI setups (although I could see how it could be very useful to some people who have moved their ATARIs into alternative cases).

I've never been impressed with the COVOX.. In fact I really dont see the point of a digital sound device that takes near 100% CPU time to work.

I have an AMIGA.. and it does what the COVOX does, except about 1000 times better.

What mega-hz has done is actually LISTEN to what the musicians and music programmers have said over the past year or two, and try to produce an single tightly-integrated upgrade that delivers all of the features they have asked for in as small and cheap of a package possible. I think this is an excellent value. Even though he is not the first one to do a stereo board, I think he has the best & most refined implementation of it to date..

Buy German!!! When was the last time you saw a polish-engineered car?

(hehehe)

I don't think cars carries over to sound boards. In fact, I have a volkswagen whose engine light stays on and I have spent hundreds of dollars and three different mechanic shops have misdiagnosed the problem. One said it was a breather hose and I got that replaced and it still didn't go out. That was a volkswagen dealer. Then one guy said, it was a computer glitch so I got the computer inside reset and after a few hours light came back on. Now a third mechanic charged me around $100 for another diagnosis and claims it's the fuel trim system. Oh, volkswagen dealer also replaced the engine coils which were on recall and still the engine light didn't go out. Maybe I need to take it to germany to get it fixed.

Hahah. That's funny..

Poor bastard..

Throw away that Krishna peace & harmony for a day, grow some balls and go down there and threaten those fuckers hard-core if they don'f refund your money and/or fix the problem you paid to have fixed in the first place...

This is the way the automotive industry is designed to work.. You have to understand that in America, half of the mechanics (dealership employed technicians included) have no actual idea how to correctly diagnose modern automotive systems. So their business model (across the entire industry) has to include the ability to somehow deal with suckers like you who pay thweir money and then are willing to take a screwing rather than force them to provide the service that was agreed apon when you signed the work order.. Don't be one of those suckers and don't take no for an answer.. Dont listen to their bullshti excuses. Tell them point blank that if your car isnt fixed you will bring volkswagen down on their ass (at the dealer) and/or constact the better business beaureau, (and also have your attourney send them a registered letter. Thats pretty damned effective and costs relatively little) and threaten legal action..

And dont back down or settle for anythign short of a total refund, or the entire problem eliminated. Dont let them explain WHY the problem is still there.. tell them you dont give a shit, and you are not a mechanic.. All you want is the problem completely eliminated, or ALL of your money back, or else..

Thats the way you have to deal with them.. I see it every day.. People who do that get taken care of.. People who dont, get fucked like you did.. heheh..

Hahah. That's funny..

Poor bastard..

Throw away that Krishna peace & harmony for a day, grow some balls and go down there and threaten those fuckers hard-core if they don'f refund your money and/or fix the problem you paid to have fixed in the first place...

This is the way the automotive industry is designed to work.. You have to understand that in America, half of the mechanics (dealership employed technicians included) have no actual idea how to correctly diagnose modern automotive systems. So their business model (across the entire industry) has to include the ability to somehow deal with suckers like you who pay thweir money and then are willing to take a screwing rather than force them to provide the service that was agreed apon when you signed the work order.. Don't be one of those suckers and don't take no for an answer.. Dont listen to their bullshti excuses. Tell them point blank that if your car isnt fixed you will bring volkswagen down on their ass (at the dealer) and/or constact the better business beaureau, (and also have your attourney send them a registered letter. Thats pretty damned effective and costs relatively little) and threaten legal action..

And dont back down or settle for anythign short of a total refund, or the entire problem eliminated. Dont let them explain WHY the problem is still there.. tell them you dont give a shit, and you are not a mechanic.. All you want is the problem completely eliminated, or ALL of your money back, or else..

Thats the way you have to deal with them.. I see it every day.. People who do that get taken care of.. People who dont, get fucked like you did.. heheh..

It didn't cost as much as would have if I fell for their misdiagnoses. He actually quoted me $250 for the breather hose part and I decided to buy it from Ebay for $20 and it was actually broken but just not related to the engine light. The computer did need a reset but once again it wasn't related to the engine light. And I did complain to Volkswagen that he's charging me for engine coils which are on recall but I haven't heard back from them. But one of them did screw up the diagnosis and charge me about $100. I could have bought a couple of Stereo POKEY upgrades for that.

And amazingly my brakes were completely worn that you can hear the metal yet none of the three mechanics noticed in their analysis. So I think I'm going to go for a trade-in and get a Toyota or something else for this Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T.

It didn't cost as much as would have if I fell for their misdiagnoses. He actually quoted me $250 for the breather hose part and I decided to buy it from Ebay for $20 and it was actually broken but just not related to the engine light. The computer did need a reset but once again it wasn't related to the engine light. And I did complain to Volkswagen that he's charging me for engine coils which are on recall but I haven't heard back from them. But one of them did screw up the diagnosis and charge me about $100. I could have bought a couple of Stereo POKEY upgrades for that.

And amazingly my brakes were completely worn that you can hear the metal yet none of the three mechanics noticed in their analysis. So I think I'm going to go for a trade-in and get a Toyota or something else for this Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T.

Well Im glad to hear you got(or are in the process of getting) some level of satisfaction.. But you have to understand none of that is the fault of the car or the manufacturer. Pretty much all manufacturers are building just about the best product they have ever built these days.. including low-end brands like Kia and Hyundai.. Toyota certainly builds an excellent product (dont get me started about the government/media character assasination conspiracy involving toyota's supposed "problems" lately). Volkswagen also builds an excellent product. But like any other complex piwece of machinery, cars these days are made up of thosands of parts made by different manufacturers... and there bound to be "bad batches" of just about any kind of mass produced part from time to time. So you are gonna see recalls and issues that are common to specific models. It alwayse has been this way, and alwayse will..

@atariski: I know that problem of this little yellow light on a Volkswagen!

Simple Trick: CUT OFF THIS LED! :thumbsup: :twisted:

(I hate VW`s...sorry, better would be OPEL,VAUXHALL,HOLDEN or GM at all)

@Metalguy: Thanks for the roses ;-) about the Stereo...

You`re right with those US Cars, 50% are good Cars (those with Carburator an 6 or 8 Pistons and without electronics),

I love those simple but working and powerful technics. Electronic in a car can be, but shouldn leave the radio+poweramps!

No µC for the Motors! Back to the 70th ! :-)

Wolfram-

Edited by mega-hz

a nice idea for covox would be a dma-chip, wich takes the samples itself and plays them!

So the CPU doesnt have to work with that.

Maybe the DMA of the ST? Or a programmable Counter? Or a little µC?

Edited by mega-hz

It's funny. You guys grew up in europe, and you have the same ideas about cars that me and my friends had over here when I was 16..

Those old "muscle cars" are nostalgic.. and I really like the old heavier steel-panel, full-frame construction.. and the earlier styling.. To drive them has a completely different feel than today's lighter, more precisely tuned suspensions and smoother running powertrains..

But where powertrain technology is concerned... The truth of the matter is that once you see what is truly possible with computer controlled fuel delivery, you never want to touch another carburettor again.. The same applies to computer controlled ignition, valve timing, shift timing and realtime pressure control in the transmission, etc.. Technology is a good thing.. and it has INCREASED reliability and performance by quite a huge measure. Yes, it can be frustrating when the special tools and documentation are not available to you as an enthusiast, to work on your own car.. But the trade-off is enormous.

Production cars are much faster, handle better, and go further per unit of fuel than they ever did in the height of the "muscle car" era. They require MUCH LESS regular maintenance and they are MUCH MUCH less likely to leave you stranded on the side of the road then they used to be..

And this is the truth of the matter, folks..

Buy German!!! When was the last time you saw a polish-engineered car?

Not that long ago actually, albeit a modified russian concept.

zuk.jpg

Edit:

I got rid of those nasty warning lights by buying these:

index_car_1.jpgindex_car_2.jpgindex_car_3.jpgindex_car_4.jpg

Apart from the necessary oil and generator warnings there's just nothing to worry about :-)

Edited by Fox-1 / mnx

My point is that there are at least 100 times more likely failure points in a carburettor vs an EFI system.. same with a distributor verses a computer controlled ignition.. Same with a huge complex mechanical valve body in a transmission, versus a few computer controlled solenoids..

Modern computer control has made the vehicles and systems far LESS complicated.. and added multiple degrees of "failsafe" modes in most cases.. And also reduced a ton of "regular maintanance" as the computer controlled systems "self-adjust" throughout the life of wearable components..

The only downside is the need for more expensive/specialized service diagnostic equipment.

Edited by MEtalGuy66