IGNORED

I'm selling a brand new Cuttle Cart!

valnar

I bought it a year ago from Chad Schell's web site and never got around to using it! Everything is new in the package, including the Cuttle Cart cartridge, free Stella Gets a New Brain game, manual, software, etc.

It is being sold on eBay.

See here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1396442001

The reserve is not much higher than I paid for it, so you can get it at a good deal.

-Robert

post-2497-1036675251_thumb.jpg

scshell (Scott) --

I assume you are the original maker of the cuttle cart. Will you really never make another one of these?? I know your website says you will not, but I want to hear it from you! Who has a cuttle cart? How much better is it than say a Sean Kelly multi-cart or a modified Supercharger?

Take care,

RG

P.S. If it breaks the $350 mark would this bring you out if retirement. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Yes I'm the original maker of the Cuttle Cart. All I can tell you is that I have no plans at this time to make more Cuttle Carts. Could that change in the future? Sure.

As for which is better, go ask in the 2600 forum and I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions. The Cuttle Cart can play all of the bankswitched games (except Pitfall 2), while the other two cannot. However the Multicart has the advantage that the games are always there, ready to play. You don't need to load it from an audio source each time. The Cuttle Cart and the Supercharger require that a game be loaded each time they're used.

Chad

Chad --

Thanks for the fast reply and great product you made. I read your website, but I still have a few questions about the Supercharger and Cuttle cart. You can save roms on a CD so you could have sorta of a multi-cart CD?? How many would fit on a CD. If not, when you load them via the Cuttle Cart from the computer (speaker card) do they stay in the Cuttle Cart or do you reload one each time. Sorry for such simple questions and I'm sure you have been asked too many times, but thanks for the reply. Another quick question -- the program wavplayer I think says it needs Windows 95, do it will not work with Windows 2000?

Take care,

RG

most roms being 4k, I'd guess you could fit every single rom ever made onto one cd.

Cuttlecart vs. Multicart...interesting debate.

Cuttlecart can probably hold more games, but Multicart has instant loading.

Cuttlecart can test newly programmed games too which is cool, the multi can't do that.

Thanks for the fast reply and great product you made. I read your website, but I still have a few questions about the Supercharger and Cuttle cart. You can save roms on a CD so you could have sorta of a multi-cart CD?? How many would fit on a CD. If not, when you load them via the Cuttle Cart from the computer (speaker card) do they stay in the Cuttle Cart or do you reload one each time. Sorry for such simple questions and I'm sure you have been asked too many times, but thanks for the reply. Another quick question -- the program wavplayer I think says it needs Windows 95, do it will not work with Windows 2000?  

Yes you can load games from CD. Without doing anything fancy, you can put 99 games on a CD, because there is a limit of 99 tracks per audio CD. It will use only a tiny portion of the total space of the CD, but alas, that's the way it is. To put more than 99 would require silly things like multiple games per track and you fast forwarding to the start time. Not worth it.

Games do not stay in the Cuttle Cart. They must be reloaded from audio each time.

Yes the binplayer program works under Windows 2000. There are also versions for various pocketPCs.

Chad

Chad -- thanks for the to the point reply. So you could have "multi-cart" cd or cds with all the Atari roms. One last question (I promise!) -- would the new flash-something (it is being discussed in the 2600 forum) be able to download to a CD. How is the flash different than the cuttle cart?

Take care,

RG

Chad -- thanks for the to the point reply. So you could have "multi-cart" cd or cds with all the Atari roms. One last question (I promise!) -- would the new flash-something (it is being discussed in the 2600 forum) be able to download to a CD. How is the flash different than the cuttle cart?  

It works like this. You make a CD with 99 games on it. You plug the Cuttle Cart into the 2600, its title screen comes up. You connect the 2600 to the CD player, and you load the game of your choice into the Cuttle Cart. Once loaded the Cuttle Cart automatically resets itself and now acts just like you plugged that game into your Atari and turned it on. It will continue to act like that game until you turn off the Atari. Once you turn off the Atari the game will be erased from the Cuttle Cart's memory. When you turn the Atari on again, the Cuttle Cart title screen will reappear and you will have to load another (or the same) game.

The flash cart is different in the following ways:

1) It has non-volatile memory. This means when you load a game it stays in the flash cart's memory until you load a different game.

2) It is not loaded in the Atari itself, you load it separately then use it like a normal cart. To load it you must connect it to the parallel (printer) port on your PC. You will not be able to load it using CDs.

3) It only plays 2K, 4K, F8, F6, F4 games, but does not support the remaining bankswitching formats, or those games that require extra RAM.

Of course you should ask Cupcakus for all the details on the flash cart, specs might change, etc.

Chad

Hey Chad,

Are you likely to make any more Intellicarts? I just got an Intellivision last weekend and it looks like I missed the last Intellicart by a month or so.

(The Palm software for loading the cart looks like the best chance of my bothering to put batteries back into my TRGpro.)

Hi Chad, Thanks for stopping in on my little sale here. :D

I originally bought the Cuttle Cart because I pulled out my 2600 from the basement for my daughter to play games. Sure, I have a handful of cartridges, but it would be nice if she could play my whole ROM collection sitting on my PC.

The main reason I never ended up using it was because she wouldn't be able to operate it and load the games from a CD. What's easy to an adult can be impossible for a 7-year old. Chad, if you make another batch, consider using flash RAM to store the games (like the Doctor GB cards for Gameboy's...... that Lik Sang used to sell. :sad: )

That's why I'm selling it. Good luck to all you bidders. I have to admit, the prospect of you guys "fighting" over my little Cuttle Cart certainly makes me excited too, especially considering the profit. ;)

-Robert

That's why I'm selling it.  Good luck to all you bidders.  I have to admit, the prospect of you guys "fighting" over my little Cuttle Cart certainly makes me excited too, especially considering the profit.   ;)  

-Robert

I dropped out of the running at $102.50. :P

We've talked about this before, but the question remains why the heck does everyone want to load games from a CD? :roll: With the amount of games available for the 2600 that's got to be the most inconvenient way to do it. Even if a cd could hold more than 99 tracks, first you'd have to 1. locate the game you want and it's track #, then 2. manually go to that track and play it. Even if you have the gear to play any track on a cd quickly, it just seems like a pain in the butt to me especially when you're talking about 1500+ roms :P And of course the reality seems to be that the cd can only hold 99 anyway.

A laptop pc (or heck, even a close-by desktop), or pocket pc using "playbin.exe" is the way to go. Yeah I know the option might not be available to some people. But I'm just saying, all things considered, it IS pretty much the best. :D

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you basically plug you're Cuttlecart (or Supercharger) into the pc, run the program, select the games .bin file, and hit "Play". Simple! :) Works great for Supercharger games too.. save those tapes!

post-31-1036774360_thumb.jpg