IGNORED

Konami arcade classics Volume 1 and 2?! WTF?

Crazy Climber

Okay, I never heard of either Konami arcade classics 1 or 2. Did these just totally slip under the radar or something? They look pretty weak boasting only 3 games each but they are sold as an actual hard copy disc and I am usually all over something like that. Hell, I paid $40 for Raiden 4 so if these are $20 each I am sure I'll pick them up but I have never seen/heard of them. I still can't believe only 3 games each though, that is pretty lame but I guess downloaded LIVE games sell for $5-$10 and these do have enhanced graphic options, plus you get an actual disc which is pretty sweet!!

Volume 1 - Super Contra (arcade), Castlevania (symphony of the night), Frogger (arcade?)

Volume 2 - Contra (arcade), Rush n Attack (arcade), Track n Field (arcade)

What do you guys think? Here they are on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fs%3Fie%3DUTF8%26rh%3Dn%253A14220321%252Cp_4%253AKonami%26page%3D1&tag=atariage&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Volume 1 - Super Contra (arcade), Castlevania (symphony of the night), Frogger (arcade?)

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A14220321%2Cp_4%3AKonami&page=1

I almost picked up Volume 1 the other day. I think it's the only one worth the $20 price tag. Vol 2 is pretty damn lame.

Okay, I never heard of either Konami arcade classics 1 or 2. Did these just totally slip under the radar or something? They look pretty weak boasting only 3 games each but they are sold as an actual hard copy disc and I am usually all over something like that. Hell, I paid $40 for Raiden 4 so if these are $20 each I am sure I'll pick them up but I have never seen/heard of them. I still can't believe only 3 games each though, that is pretty lame but I guess downloaded LIVE games sell for $5-$10 and these do have enhanced graphic options, plus you get an actual disc which is pretty sweet!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fs%3Fie%3DUTF8%26rh%3Dn%253A14220321%252Cp_4%253AKonami%26page%3D1&tag=atariage&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Yeah, all six games of those games are on XBox Live. Those two discs are some of the discs available that contain XBox Live games, for those who do not or can not buy them from XBox Live. If memory serves me, Castelvania was 800 points and the others were 400 points. All of them are very good games. Castlevania was updated a bit from the original version, where as the arcade games are all arcade versions with either original or enhanced play modes.

Okay, just picked up volume 1 from *sigh* Gamestop (I really would buy it elsewhere if it were available) So far it is pretty cool. Castlevania looks really nice and Super CONTRA is basically that same ol "super cheap death" arcade style I grew up on (probably a little more fair with 2 players) I never played Super Contra back in the arcade though, I do remember the original Contra which is available on volume 2...but I already have (and prefer) it on NES so while I am not crazy about getting volume 2 I am a huge fan of both Rush n Attack and Track n Field so I most likely will buy it. I spent the majority of my time playing Frogger. Has some fun little achievements that really make it fun to play again. The enhanced graphics are cool but I found myself switching back to the original graphics a lot since the enhanced were kind of hard on my eyes after a while. Overall I think it is worth the $15 (used) I spent on it. Would have liked to see a few more games but I guess they have to make it priced competetively if they are selling the games on Xbox live, otherwise everybody would just buy it on disc if it was cheaper(since it downloads the games on your hard drive anyways) :)

Would have liked to see a few more games but I guess they have to make it priced competetively if they are selling the games on Xbox live, otherwise everybody would just buy it on disc if it was cheaper(since it downloads the games on your hard drive anyways) :)

This is another reason why I don't particularly care for downloading classic games off of an online service, be it xbox live, virtual console, or whatever. We are seeing less and less excellent classic collections that offer 10-20 or more games at a terrific price. I guess at the end of the day, if you like the 3 games, $15-20 isn't bad, but it sucks that companies now are putting out these gimped collections since they don't want to discourage you from buying online.