IGNORED

"Legs" for 1200Xl PBI extender?

Larry

Has anyone thought/implemented a nice set of legs for the PBI/cart extender for the 1200XL? I could use some metal stand-offs but chose to use rubber "feet" stacked to the appropriate height -- three legs for firm support when switching carts. Certainly functional, but not too pretty. Has anyone come up with a better way? Incidently, this is terrific for all those carts that either don't fit or must be "crammed" into the 1200XL cart port, even if not using the PBI.

-Larry

Pictures??

Bob

Has anyone thought/implemented a nice set of legs for the PBI/cart extender for the 1200XL? I could use some metal stand-offs but chose to use rubber "feet" stacked to the appropriate height -- three legs for firm support when switching carts. Certainly functional, but not too pretty. Has anyone come up with a better way? Incidently, this is terrific for all those carts that either don't fit or must be "crammed" into the 1200XL cart port, even if not using the PBI.

-Larry

If you'd go read the official thread (instead of starting another one) youd see that we were already discussing this..

heres what I suggested:

As far as supporting the board, heres what I reccomend:

Get a piece of 1/4" Lexan and cut a piece about 18" x 4".... Get two 1" threaded standoffs from your hardware/electronics parts supplier... Drill two holes on one end of the piece of lexan to line up with the holes in the 1200XL-PBI board, and screw the standoffs into those holes in the lexan.. Then situate the lexan so that it goes under the 1200XL case, and screw two screws through the 1200XL-PBI board holes, into the standoffs...

This arrangement should not only provide support when inserting a cartridge (by keeping the board from flexing downwards), but also when removing a cartridge (by keeping the board from flexing upwards.)

Edited by MEtalGuy66

Well,,, those folks didn't post any pictures. I'm a non-verbal, visual kind of guy, you know? My tongue gets caught in my eye-tooth and I can't see what you're saying...

All this hole drilling an measuring stuff. Larry just stuck on some feet or something. If Larry can do it, anyone can - if they have a picture!

Bob

If you'd go read the official thread (instead of starting another one) youd see that we were already discussing this..

heres what I suggested:

Get a piece of 1/4" Lexan and cut a piece about 18" x 4".... Get two 1" threaded standoffs from your hardware/electronics parts supplier... Drill two holes on one end of the piece of lexan to line up with the holes in the 1200XL-PBI board, and screw the standoffs into those holes in the lexan.. Then situate the lexan so that it goes under the 1200XL case, and screw two screws through the 1200XL-PBI board holes, into the standoffs...

This arrangement should not only provide support when inserting a cartridge (by keeping the board from flexing downwards), but also when removing a cartridge (by keeping the board from flexing upwards.)

Thanks for the info, Ken.

I found the "Ordering thread" but didn't find the original thread that I presume you are referring to. What is the official thread's title?

I'm interested to see if there are any pics. > 18" X 4" < (?)

-Larry

heres what I suggested: