IGNORED

Are original SpartaDOS X and R-Time 8 carts no longer that desirable?

Slor

This is more a curiosity than anything. I recently tried to get rid of a set of both, including manuals and even original box for the SDX. The only firm offer I got was $70 for the set. Admittedly, both have been opened and both have a couple broken pins (easily tightened back up with a little contact cement, but I figured that option would be left to the new owner), but last I checked even that sort of condition was worth anything between $70 and $100 each as long as they are fully working (which they are).

Perhaps SDX popularity has gone down with todays's 4.4x releases? Perhaps there are now better options/mods for timekeeping that I'm unaware of? At any rate, I'm interested in opinions. As it stands, I reckon those carts will remain in the Slorchives...

thanks

James

Edited by Slor

Uhhh.. $70.00 is more than fair dude, for non-mint.. Those carts have alwayse been desirable.. but not like "holy grail" status or anything..

Not to say there havent been instances where idiots havent bidded way too much for them on Ebay in the past, but they have also sold much more reasonably many times as well.. If they were in "like new" condition, I'd say $100.00 for both. If they've got some wear on them, I'd take the $70.00 and be happy..

My RTime8 cost me around $60 shipped a couple of years back. It had the manual and the support disk and manual with it. Can't remember how much I paid for my SDX cart but it was boxed and complete. To be honest, at the moment I use neither. I use SDX 4.42 on an 8mb flash cart and the clock in my SIO2USB.

Thanks for the input. As far as MINT units go, I saw an SDX recently go for over $130 loose, and I saw just the manual sell for $20. Perhaps those are more isolated incidents than the norm. At any rate, they're worth more than $35 each to me, so I'll be hanging on to them. :) Perhaps I'll even modify the SDX to handle one of the new releases...

Edited by Slor

Oh, one other note - same week as the SDX sold that high, I also saw a loose Express! go for over $150. Truth be told, that one shocked the heck out of me.

I would guess the Express Carts are probably a lot rarer than SDX.