IGNORED

HSC7 Bonus Round April 2010

Anyone else having an error with Gwobby :?: Cebus - please can you load the menu, press space to drop to basic, type graphics 0, then new, do a ? fre(0) and note the # of free bytes then load "d:gwobby.bas" then list the code check the last line is a rem. Then do a ? fre(0) again. Delete the last line and run again and see if you get the same error and let us know exactly what it is Forget that, try new ATR as have taken out DL mods on title screen

Cheers :)

A few more scores as gotta catch up with you guys!

Rear Guard 740 - Tip get up high before each attack ;)

Minelayer 450

Runaway Van 630

post-19705-127088861567_thumb.jpg

post-19705-127088862534_thumb.jpg

post-19705-127088948698_thumb.jpg

OK, I played these damn games again.

Bricky: 497

Rear Guard: 620 (irritating to take photo of score - and high score is not saved! :x )

Runaway Van: 770 (I could have gotten higher, but got bored with jumping over the orange guy)

You could have got bored before you beat my score ;)

Table will updated in 10...

Gwobby: Level 18

Balloonacy: 596

Minelayer: 450

Each of these games suck in their own way, but Balloonacy just makes me sick. One pixel off and you miss the balloon, but it can be impossible to line it up without going a couple pixels off - then, for some unknown reason, a balloon might change to "death" just when you have no time to avoid it. What a crap game. I utterly refuse to play it again.

(...if anybody asks, "I suppose you could write a better game?" my answer will be "I COULD PULL A BETTER GAME OUT OF MY ASS!)

(sorry... I'm a little bit upset...)

Just got around to trying the new ATR. Gwobby still gives me 'Error - 145 at line 8020'.

Installed Atari800Winplus or however it is named. Hopefully it will work.

Hi, Line 8020 is to do with memory allocation - make sure you do a clean boot and then try Gwobby before other games? Are you on a straght 130XE - no mods at all?

post-19705-127158372154_thumb.png

Cheers

Escape: 19899

I had over 22000, but when I died I found I had lost points! I hate games that do that.

I think Escape and Gwobby qualifying points are too high. (...mainly because I didn't qualify)

I also played Balloonacy and Ball Harbour again, just to qualify - but I stand by my original assessment about the crappiness of these games.

Balloonacy: 1266

Ball Harbour: 39

...and I played Bricky again, just to beat therealbountybob and teach him a lesson. :D

Bricky: 578

Yep, clean boot, nothing else, no mods, nothing. Still doesn't work.

I got it to work on Atari800WinPlus though so I'm just playing it on that. No worries. :cool:

If using keyboard make sure you have fire mapped as control etc so you can use it along with right to draw down diagonally (this is quicker than going right then down then right etc). I'm guessing the atarimax cart thing must be something to do with it not running... roadrunner what kit are you using? Anyone else played on a 130XE (PAL)?

New HSC game posted and lots of scores to add here so I'd best get busy :)

[edit] just seen Mr Amiga's Briky score... cancel my plans for tomorrow (wait a minute my plan was to play Briky... cancel my plan to cancel my plan...) :D

If using keyboard make sure you have fire mapped as control etc so you can use it along with right to draw down diagonally (this is quicker than going right then down then right etc). I'm guessing the atarimax cart thing must be something to do with it not running... roadrunner what kit are you using? Anyone else played on a 130XE (PAL)?

I'm using the atari800winplus3.1 emulator. I tryed out the emulator Kat5200 0.6.2 but i can't figure out how to save a sreenshot.

Bricky went "brokey". Here's the trick: on level 1, if there's a ghostey (or whatever the hell that is) in the right wall and you go in, Bricky will just sit there forever without dying. Unfortunately, he doesn't rack up the points or I'd be sitting in #1 position for Bricky right now.

Admit it you sorta knew that you shouldn't try and escape from the screen, I think you can get out to the top line ;)

I'm using the atari800winplus3.1 emulator. I tryed out the emulator Kat5200 0.6.2 but i can't figure out how to save a sreenshot.

Not heard of this Kat5200 emu, looks interesting no mention of screen shot facility, could try alt-PrtSc(reen) on the PC and paste the picture into word or something - they're optional so no worries :)