IGNORED

Jagfest X - Retro Revival

The_Laird

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone there is now just over a month until Jagfest X and so far only 8 people have paid for their tickets:

Stone

Thund3R

Mark Branson

Stephen Moss

Adrian Nabarro

Michael Winn

Minerals

Chicky Baby

I have to pay for the hotel by the begining of next month and unless the rest of the people who have confirmed they are attending pay for tickets the event will not go ahead.

I hope to see some new faces there and ctach up with some old, its sure to be a fantastic event and some of the exclusive Atari stuff there will make it worth attending alone!

Don't forget that you can pay for your tickets right HERE on our official website!

Just booked my room, apparently I'm the first person to use the code to get one of the block-booked rooms lol.

Hi everyone there is now just over a month until Jagfest X and so far only 8 people have paid for their tickets:

I suppose I had better do so too then...

[Edit: done, all paid and shiney]

Edited by Tyrant

I have been getting asked alot of questions about the event so I will just answer them all here:

1. Deadline for buying tickets is 1st September to leave me enough time to get the tickets printed and send them out.

2. There will no tickets on the door. Its a private hotel and they have requested a list of people who are attending the event in advance.

3. All ticket payments must be done through the webite, if you are buying mulitple tickets you must contact myself by email to let me know who they are for.

4. All exhibitors/weekend visitors must send me an email telling me how many tables they will need and what they are bringing with them.

5. All hotel rooms need to be booked direct and make sure the reference code is quoted to get the room discount.

Look forward to catching up with you all again this year!!!

• Like 1

Yes, I've heard there's a few people who'd like to catch up with you as well :)

Good luck with the JagFest :) :) :)

Obviously Reboot would love to be there, but we'd rather go to Outline - Europe's only true atari meeting. See you there!

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

Yes, I've heard there's a few people who'd like to catch up with you as well :)

Good luck with the JagFest :) :) :)

Obviously Reboot would love to be there, but we'd rather go to Outline - Europe's only true atari meeting. See you there!

lolol faced!!!!!!

• Like 4

e-jagfest? I think the premier European Atari/Jaguar gaming meeting guys might be more than a little put out by reading that, however you meant it... and you live on the other side of the planet, you won't be coming to any of them anyway :lolblue:

• Like 1

2. There will no tickets on the door. Its a private hotel and they have requested a list of people who are attending the event in advance.

3. All ticket payments must be done through the webite, if you are buying mulitple tickets you must contact myself by email to let me know who they are for.

I would argue that that's a mistake. At all the previous events people were welcome to show up on the day, pay for a day pass and enjoy the event. Also in the past it has always been possible to pay at the event, which the previous organisers never had any problem with.

4. All exhibitors/weekend visitors must send me an email telling me how many tables they will need and what they are bringing with them.

I'll need just the one table, and I've not decided exactly what I'm bringing just yet, but most likely just the one Jag. As I'm coming by public transport it would be greatly appreciated if someone could lend me a TV. I might be able to bring one but it would be a lot easier for me if I didn't have to.

I don't suppose you've spoken to the hotel about the possibility of them supplying some. I'm sure none of us would mind not having one in our rooms if it means we could have one for the event that we wouldn't have to lug all the way there and back.

• Like 5

I would argue that that's a mistake. At all the previous events people were welcome to show up on the day, pay for a day pass and enjoy the event. Also in the past it has always been possible to pay at the event, which the previous organisers never had any problem with.

I have already said unless people contact me in advance ;)

I have to standby the hotel rules so if people contact me in advance I can put them on the list :P

Edited by The_Laird

I have already said unless people contact me in advance ;)

I have to standby the hotel rules so if people contact me in advance I can put them on the list :P

That works, and I understand about the hotel, I was just pointing out it's not how it used to be and might confuse some people.

I might have a spare TV I can lend you mate but not sure yet as my mum is moving house and is letting me have her old one but she is still sorting out the move date.

When I changed to this hotel after the other one let us down I did ask about TV and stuff and they said they if people rang them they may be able to provide the use of TV and even OHPs/screens. :cool:

I might have a spare TV I can lend you mate but not sure yet as my mum is moving house and is letting me have her old one but she is still sorting out the move date.

When I changed to this hotel after the other one let us down I did ask about TV and stuff and they said they if people rang them they may be able to provide the use of TV and even OHPs/screens. :cool:

Ah, but we have to call and arrange that ourselves do we?

I did manage to snag a TV from the last hotel, but it was a case of talking the receptionist into letting me have the one from a room that was out of use due to a broken bed.

The annoying thing is I've got three TV's here in London I could bring if I could only get them there and back.

They said they might be able to do it for people who are already staying so I assume they want to know your room details, its quite an upmarket hotel and part of a big chain so they are all very proper about things.

There are quite a few people coming up from London so if anyone is near you you might be able to snag a lift. Let me look the places people are coming from and get back to you.

Ah, but we have to call and arrange that ourselves do we?

I did manage to snag a TV from the last hotel, but it was a case of talking the receptionist into letting me have the one from a room that was out of use due to a broken bed.

The annoying thing is I've got three TV's here in London I could bring if I could only get them there and back.

LEARN TO DRIVE YOU LAZY SOD!!!! :D

LEARN TO DRIVE YOU LAZY SOD!!!! :D

Why? I'm a Londoner. I'd have nowhere to park, have to pay congestion charges if I wanted to go anywhere useful, and have to both spend more and take longer for each journey (due to time spent finding somewhere to park) than going by public transport.

• Like 1

While allowing people we know who are not certain they can make it pay at the event is possible, I don't think that worked particually well for those day visitors we did not know. IIRC at the first event Nick had someone on the door who could coller anyone without a pass and get them to pay but who would voulenteer to do that all day for free as it is rather dull.

Only Nick could say for sure but once things get going you are generally too busy with what you are doing to check for people without passes. I certainly remember seeing a few day visitors around without passes or any other sign that they had paid so it is possible that they managed to attend for free which is unfair to everyone else.

I did not challenge anyone I suspected of not having paid because...

1) With Nick being the main organiser I think it was really his job to do that as no one had been assigned the task.

2) If you did challenge them unless Nick had written them a reciept what proof would they have of payment without taking them to see whoever they claimed to have paid for verification, which is tant amount to calling them a liar.

3) If every member of the old organizing committee challenged someone without a pass because they did not know someone else had already done so those being challenged would get very annoyed by the third or fourth time and with some justification.

That is why a tickets in advance systems works better and is fairer as you can be certain everyone has paid.

Additionally it could cost upwards of £600 to hire the venue room for the weekend, while it is great to have 50 people say they will/are intrested in attending if only 10 of them have paid covering a third of the cost by the time you have to pay for the venue then the organiser is looking at a possible £400 bill to cover the short fall if the others do not turn up. Would you go ahead in that situation if it was you who was looking at paying a £400 bill? If not then do not expect anyone else to do so.

Therefore the other point of a tickets in advance system is that you can see how many of those who said they would come/would like to come will actually be there which allows the organiser to decide whether to proceed or not depending on how much they may have to spend to cover the difference between income and expence.

Edited by Stephen Moss
  • Like 3

I've not really been keeping up with the topic, but just by skimming through the posts it sounds a shame if the event doesnt have the desired turn out and although it would be dissapointing if it was canceled, i guess theres nothing that can be done about it (unless someone wants to hold it at their house for a weekend!).

Anyway with all the worries people have had i created a quick plug for the event on youtube, and although i dont have thousands of subscribers theres a few hardcore bloggers that may attend the event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6wBAb6fFA

Oh and table-wise would it be possible to have 2? I'm going to try and bring my saturn with ~7 pads for a bomberman game, so i'm going to bring my own TV for that, and for my jag i have another CRT tele i could bring along, abeit if i can fit them in harlow's car.

• Like 1

It won't be cancelled I can asure you of that, its just a shame that alot of the hardcore JFUK folk are not coming this year for various reasons and will be missed, it won't quite be the same without Gaztee or Linko :(

Anyways thanks for doing the video Thund3r and for those too busy to click a link . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6wBAb6fFA

I've avoided posting in this thread due to all the uncertainty and issues.

After taking care of necessary things, still slim potential but Whether I will be stable enough to fly is another matter as well.

My cousin still would like for me to visit her next month *if* my health will stabilize and my primary Dr says (off the books of couorse in private dialogue) I need to look at all options. There are obviously different medical treatments there then in the States as I have already been told there's nothing more really that can be done here to help me - and pain management has especially been difficult.

My father worries about me not having help/support and my prognosis has been poo all along. My cousin has a lot of contacts to alternative medical stuff there as well. She has a lil one too so he thinks it would be good for Bean and for us both to lean on each other. We will see what happens with the passport applications. :)

So, definitely plan to stop by and say hello *if* there though as with CGE would most likely spend much time resting and not very active. Maybe I could sit at the door and deal with tickets, take photos, or something? :)